Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Psalm 89 - Great National Disaster

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
itg3712

Psalm 89 - Great National Disaster

Here are 10 things about Almighy God from Psalm 89 that will remain regardless of the direction of the financial markets or the US elections.

Regardless of what’s reported in the headlines, our God stays wonderfully the same.

Many attributes of God are described wonderfully in Psalm 89:

1. Mercifulness (v.1 - I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever)
2. Faithfulness (v.1 - With my mouth will I make know thy faithfulness to all generations)
3. God of wonders (v.5 …the heavens shall praise thy wonders)
4. To be feared and reverenced (v.7 God is greatly to be feared in the assembly of the saints, and to be had in reverence of all them that are about him.)
5. Strong (v.8 O LORD God of hosts, who a strong LORD like unto thee)
6. Owning the heavens and the earth (v.11 The heavens are thine, the earth also is thine)
7. Just and righteous (v.14 Justice and Righteousness are the foundation of thy throne)
8. Defender and King (v.18 For the LORD is our defence; and the Holy One of Israel is our king).
9. Covenant keeper (v.34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips).
10. Holy (v.35 I have sworn by my holiness).

In Charles Spurgeon’s Treasury of David, Pastor Spurgeon comments on Psalm 89 and says: “It is the utterance of a believer, in presence of great national disaster, pleading with his God, urging the grand argument of covenant engagements, and expecting deliverance and help, because of the faithfulness of Jehovah.”

In our day, a financial and economic disaster is building in the USA and elsewhere. While financial markets change, our God remains the same. Our God continues to deal with His Church and the world more mercifully than what we deserve. I need to remind myself that it is good to give praise and thanks to God for who He is even before we bring our laments and supplications in prayer to Him because of our need and because of who He is.

Although the psalmist pours out his laments in v.38-51, he concludes in v.52 with “Blessed be the LORD for evermore.”

2008/10/10 1:22Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Psalm 89 - Great National Disaster

After reading through Psalm 89, I looked at this psalm, Psalm 68v19, 'Blessed be the Lord, who daily loads us with benefits'

God's benefits are countless, if our trust and confidence is in Him.

The reason men's hearts are failing them for fear, is because they trust in the arm of flesh.

They trust in other created beings such as themselves rather than trusting in their Creator.

So, the panic continues, but we should trust in our God.

God bless.

2008/10/10 3:00Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy