SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : SI Review in the Evangelicals Now Magazine

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I would have to agree with him that the top posters (and new members) are quite unneeded. At least as far as I can see.

Well either its replaced with listings of more audio files, or articles or I would have to take away more information from the sides. I think since the inception of the site its been in place and a HUGE part of the site is the community aspect of the people that God has lead to come to this site. It shows that God is in the business of using men in our day and sending revival through "Us". This site is just not a archive for old speakers but its to stir people in our day out of lukewarmity and slumber and get us on fire for God, serving Him with ALL our hearts.

2004/8/11 11:10Profile
jouko

Ex-England colony of Australia

Re:

Greg, you are doing a wonderful job with this site and you give the Lord all the glory. The reason I like this site is the people that frequent and the comments they have. Even though I'm too straight and grumpy in my comments it seems nobody takes offence from them, or at least I hope so, come to think of it, I might be wrong sometimes, not that I believe so until proven guilty !!8 The other reason is the preaching, it convicts you of yourself and its worth, I should become less and the Lord increase. Horrible thought that I should be less than I think ! This site does what it is supposed to do as Tozer writes below. Discern the times through the living Word of God.
jouko

The Passion of the Christian

Many tender-minded Christians fear to sin against love by daring to inquire into anything that comes wearing the cloak of Christianity and breathing the name of Jesus. They dare not examine the credentials of the latest prophet to hit their town lest they be guilty of rejecting something which may be of God. . . .This is supposed to indicate a high degree of spirituality. But in sober fact it indicates no such thing. It may indeed be evidence of the absence of the Holy Spirit.

Gullibility is not synonymous with spirituality. Faith is not a mental habit leading its possessor to open his mouth and swallow everything that has about it the color of the supernatural. Faith keeps its heart open to whatever is of God, and rejects everything that is not of God, however wonderful it may be.

³Try the spirits² is a command of the Holy Spirit to the church (1 John 4:1). We may sin as certainly by approving the spurious as by rejecting the genuine. . . .To appraise things with a heart of love and then to act on the results is an obligation resting upon every Christian in the world.

--A.W. Tozer

2004/8/11 18:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy