SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : From Babylon to Jerusalem with Zac Poonen

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
HeartSong

Re:

Another thing that caught my attention - which I studied further today, was the order of things in having the dream being revealed.

1) Daniel appealed to his brothers to pray
2) Daniel rested
The Lord revealed the matter.
3) Daniel praised the Lord immediately
4) Daniel gave the Lord credit for the revelation

One thing that I noticed, and am curious about, is that the Lord makes a point of mentioning that both dreams and the visions happening "upon thy bed" or "upon the bed."

But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days. Thy dream, and the visions of thy head upon thy bed, are these; As for thee, O king, thy thoughts came into thy mind upon thy bed, what should come to pass hereafter: and he that revealeth secrets maketh known to thee what shall come to pass. - Daniel 2:28-29

Then was the secret revealed unto Daniel in a night vision. Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven. - Daniel 2:19>
For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not. In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed; Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction, That he may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man. Job 33:14-17

Poonen also points out that the Lord uses the inability to sleep as a means to bring about significant events in the Bible.

2008/10/15 19:26Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Relating to my previous post:

bed

BED, n. [The sense is a lay or spread, from laying or setting.]

1. A place or an article of furniture to sleep and take rest on; in modern times, and among civilized men, a sack or tick filled with feathers or wool; but a bed may be made of straw or any other materials. The word bed includes often the bedstead.

2. Lodging; a convenient place for sleep.

3. Marriage; matrimonial connection.

George, the eldest son of his second bed.

4. A plat or level piece of ground in a garden, usually a little raised above the adjoining ground.

5. The channel of a river,or that part in which the water usually flows.

6. Any hollow place, especially in the arts; a hollow place, in which any thing rests; as the bed of a mortar.

7. A layer; a stratum; an extended mass of any thing, whether upon the earth or within it; as a bed of sulphur; a bed of sand or clay.

8. Pain, torment. Rev.2. The grave. Is.57. The lawful use of wedlock. Heb.13.

The bed of the carriage of a gun is a thick plank which lies under the piece, being, as it were, the body of the carriage.

The bed of a mortar is a solid piece of oak, hollow in the middle, to receive the britch and half the trunnions.

In masonry, bed is a range of stones, and the joint of the bed is the mortar between two stones placed over each other.

Bed of justice, in France, was a throne on which the king was seated when he went to parliament. Hence the phrase, to hold a bed of justice.

To make a bed, is to put it in order after it has been used.

To bring to bed, to deliver of a child, is rarely used. But in the passive form, to be brought to bed, that is, to be delivered of a child, is common. It is often followed by of; as, to be brought to bed of a son.

To put to bed, in midwifery, is to deliver of a child.

Dining bed, or discubitory bed, among the ancients, a bed on which persons lay at meals. It was four or five feet high, and would hold three or four persons. Three of these beds were ranged by a square table, one side of the table being left open, and accessible to the waiters. Hence the Latin name for the table and the room, triclinium, or three beds.

From bed and board. In law, a separation of man and wife,without dissolving the bands of matrimony, is called a separation from bed and board, a mensa et thoro. In this case the wife has a suitable maintenance allotted to her out of the husband's estate, called alimony.

http://1828.mshaffer.com/d/search/word,bed

2008/10/15 19:34Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Yes, i think your observations has some very important truths in them, i have learned and still am. That faith rests. Worries and concern are just synonyms for unbelief. We see Daniel could rest and believe God would reveal this to him. He has a "Bold" faith.

I think this is one of the marks of the overcomer, to have a "Bold" faith in God and be able to rest in the fact God is sovereign and he will do it.

2008/10/16 11:10Profile
HeartSong

Re:

It has been my experience that worrying actually gets in the way of what the Lord would have to say - kind of "clogs" the channels, as it were. It's that inward looking, or focus on self. How will "I" look if He doesn't answer. What will "I" do if He doesn't come through. I have found that invariably it is my own comfort that I "worry" about - as if He isn't fully in control of all things or would do something to inconvenience "me" without purpose - somehow thinking that "I" am bigger than it all.

Quote:
Worries and concern are just synonyms for unbelief.

Of the worst kind, I think - there is another thread here that got me thinking:

How can one call them self a believer
if they are living in unbelief?

2008/10/16 12:59Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Here is the third message in the book of Daniel.

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=14772&commentView=itemComments](Daniel) Ch.2:36-3:30 by Zac Poonen[/url]

2008/10/17 10:15Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

There have been a break in these messages, holidays and also due to the conferences, i thought it would be good not having to much going on at same time.

Here is number four in the series.

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=14773&commentView=postComment] (Daniel) Ch.4:1-5:31 by Zac Poonen[/url]

This message is very good, i gained much from this one. To name a few things i feelt worthy of sharing are:

That God is sovereign over all nation and kings and what takes place, this appears numerous tiomes in this passage.

And there is a part where Zac speaks about building the NT church and draws a picture using this verse

Dan 4:30 The king spake, and said, Is not this great Babylon, that I have built for the house of the kingdom by the might of my power, and for the honour of my majesty?

and seeing when we build a church with these three elements:

1, Mans Plan and wisdom
2, Mans Power and ability
3, Mans Glory

if any of these are taking place in our work, we are in fact building spiritual babylon and not the church of God

Zac also shares a very interesting thing about christian workers that take pay for their work are nothing more really then Babylonian magicians.

We can see the example of Daniel that he would take no pay to interpret Gods writing, yet today we have a multitude that have a salary for interpreting the word of God.

I hope some of you take time to get back in the trip from Babylon to Jerusalem.

2008/12/29 14:35Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy