Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Persecution in Mexico

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
lwpray

Sweden

Persecution in Mexico

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

Seven Protestant Christian families from the village of 20 de Noviembre in Chiapas, Mexico, were forced to flee their homes on June 22nd, when a mob armed with sticks, stones and machetes threatened to hang them from the rafters of their houses.
According to a Chiapas newspaper, local "caciques" (meaning community bosses) incited the mob to attack the evangelicals, because the Christians had asked government officials to ensure that "freedom of worship be respected" in the village.
The exiles join an estimated 300 to 400 Tojolabal Christians expelled from their farms during the past 10 months. The government says that they are leaving willingly; but they have gone because the danger is great, and there's no one to assure their safety.

Pray God will raise up a strong community of faithful and bold believers among the exiled Christians.
Pray the publicity surrounding these events will lead government officials to provide protection for evangelicals in Chiapas.
Pray the Holy Spirit will move in power to bring the caciques to repentance and a love for the One who died for them.

From the mail flow of Intercessors Network

2004/7/14 10:44Profile
rookie

Re: Persecution in Mexico

Baja Mexico has become a dumping ground for missionaries. Many have fleed from the mainland to this sanctuary. The government and the Catholic Church have not sought to band evangelicals in Baja. I have heard this testimony from the Americans as well as from the natives. A few of the tribal brothers that I have met are making plans to go back into these areas of persecution. They need our prayers.

What I heard from these indians of Mexico, I have read about in the material posted in Gospel for Asia. I look at my life and it disgusts me when confronted by the faith of these brothers and sisters in Christ.

In Christ
Jeff

2004/7/14 11:50Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy