Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Faithout the new Chrstian facebook

[b]Faithout the new Chrstian facebook[/b]

www.faithout.com is aimed to be one of the biggest new Christian facebook sites out there. SermonIndex is aiming to try and develop a application to have all the sermons available for the growing community. Which would reach 100,000's with messages on the deeper life, prayer, revival and holiness.

feel free to add me "Greg Gordon" at the newly launced www.faithout.com

2008/10/1 20:35Profile

Re: Faithout the new Chrstian facebook

Neat! I just joined.

2008/10/1 22:54

Re:

I'm on too. This is great it's not a blog but just a great way to get connected. I hope others will join on SI.

2008/10/1 23:49

Re:

This will be interesting to compare... for I have a facebook account and I have been burdened to cancel for various reasons. What will be interesting is to compare the number of 'friends' and the number of 'real friends' (brothers and sisters)... my list of over 500 may not see 50...now, that is sad.

2008/10/2 5:00
PHJ

Interesting...I just checked the site out. So Faithout is pretty much an exact copy of Facebook. In some ways, people will like this because they are used to it, but I think people also like www.Livekite.com, because it is fresh, customizable and a totally new approach to centralized online Christian Group communication. What do you all think?
www.livekite.com
or
www.faithout.com

2008/10/2 10:01Profile
learn

Re:

Quote:

PHJ wrote:
Interesting...I just checked the site out. So Faithout is pretty much an exact copy of Facebook. In some ways, people will like this because they are used to it, but I think people also like www.Livekite.com, because it is fresh, customizable and a totally new approach to centralized online Christian Group communication. What do you all think?
www.livekite.com
or
www.faithout.com

Am interested to know too which is better.

2008/10/2 10:27Profile
repentcanada

FaithOut looks fresher and cleaner, and is brand new.

I just signed on, under "Ricky Earle"

2008/10/2 11:59Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

good to see you on faithout ricky. I am hoping to see the sermonindex app developed soon and it will be a blessing to many on faithout to have access to "sermonindex" sermons.

2008/10/2 19:58Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

I have two concerns about 'faithout.'

Firstly, if all of the Christians exodus from facebook (which seems unlikely) only to flock to a place like faithout, where does the Christian witness and evangelism on facebook go? I really don't see something like faithout engaging with the world, but running away from it. Like a monastary vs. a missions organization. Not to say that good things cant come out of something like faithout, but not many 'non-christians' are going to sign up for a Christian specific social networking site; so it almost seems like a place to pat each other on the back and get comfy... when a church gets like that its pretty much useless to Jesus -so why would a website be any different.

My second concern is much more practical. Social networking sites, if they're successful, make a lot of money with advertising etc. Google Adwords can make some sites millions of dollars alone. If this site makes money, where does it go? Does it go into the pockets of the creator, or into the work of the Creator?! Is this a ministry, or is it some kind of business opportunity for someone? I would like some transparency as far as the finances behind such a website before signing up for it -if it is a ministry, maybe the money should go to missions or to church planting, who knows.

2008/10/3 10:46Profile

Re:

Right now we have on Facebook women who are sending "flair" to each other with pins like "the higher the heel the closer to God" and "save the t_t_'s" (for you older people who know what that means--using discretion here) with the pink ribbon for cancer. There is a picture of some with praying hands in front of a Buddah statue.

We also have women who are posting pictures that I can't describe on this forum for the sake of the young people.

So I will be on Facebook to be a witness. If you see me post alot on modesty you'll know why.

2008/10/3 11:21

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy