SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : ADULTERY - Repent, or You Will Never Be Forgiven

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re: Shall we lean on our own understanding?

Ya, it is fun to frazzel Krispy.

Opps :-P

2008/10/20 17:59Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

[b]I beg you, in the love of Christ, to read this entire post before responding.[/b]

Marriage is never presented in the Bible as solely physical union.

Marriage involves covenant. Hence, the bride of Christ are partakers in the new covenant. Marriage involves a covenant between both parties to be married for the entirety of their lives. Fornication involves no such covenant and no such promises; therefore, is not marriage.

Other aspects of Biblical knowledge come into play here. There are covenants, and then there are signs of the covenants. There was covenant with Noah, and there was the rainbow, the sign of the covenant. There was the covenant with Abraham, and then there was circumcision, the sign of the covenant. There is the new covenant with those of faith, and then there is baptism and the Lord's supper, signs of the covenant.

Marriage is the covenant, physical union is the sign of the covenant. It follows the pattern of the divine covenants throughout Scripture.

One can partake of the Lord's supper and baptism (signs of the covenant), yet not be married to the Lord. Likewise, one can sinfully partake of the sign of the covenant of marriage, yet they are not married to the person.

Adam and Eve were joined together by God in a covenant relationship of marriage. [b]Notice in Matthew 1:19 that Joseph is called Mary's husband before any physical union has taken place.[/b] Why? They had entered into a covenant.

There are people on this board who genuinely desire to follow the Lord according to his revealed word in the Scriptures, and if your teachings were Biblical, we would gladly submit to them out of love for Christ. However, the fact is, as I have noted above, they aren't Biblical.

You said in your original post that you desired to "get the blood off your hands". If that was your desire, you have already done so. You should hold your peace now, lest the Lord find you guilty of fulfilling this verse:

[i]Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly. Your kerchiefs also will I tear, and deliver my people out of your hand, and they shall be no more in your hand to be hunted; and ye shall know that I am the LORD. Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; (Ezekiel 13:20-22)[/i]

2008/10/20 18:25Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

"'Then neither do I condemn you,' Jesus declared. 'Go now and leave your life of sin.'" If Jesus did not condemn her and forgave her that is all I need to know about how my Lord and savior and how he treats folks that have committed adultery. It's called Grace folks Grace and Grace is the "ONLY" way we will get into Heaven, because none of us deserve Heaven, not one of us.

2008/10/20 21:41Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Shall we lean on our own understanding?

This thread is not very helpful. It got off on the wrong foot and some of the comments have been turned to leveling charges at others.

For our newer members, please read the following;

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=14144&forum=13&post_id=&refresh=Go]MUST READ: SermonIndex Forum Disclaimer / Community Rules[/url]

Just as well, this is not the first time this subject matter has been broached here. Please try a search of the site.

Thread locked.

2008/10/20 22:57Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy