SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Stock market down 777 points today.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Stock market down 777 points today.

Hi Guys...thought the 777 loss today was perhaps significant. Is the Lord trying to tell us something? Or just a coincidence. Now, no attacking, I was just pointing out an interesting point :).....brother Frank

2008/9/29 17:15
Fuegodedios

Richmond, VA

Re: Stock market down 777 points today.

I think the lord has told us something.

For the Church

proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,And He will make your paths straight.

Matthew 6:24-34
24"No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other You cannot serve God and wealth.

The Cure for Anxiety

25"For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?
26"Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?

27"And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?

28"And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin,

29yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these.

30"But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith!

31"Do not worry then, saying, 'What will we eat?' or 'What will we drink?' or 'What will we wear for clothing?'

32"For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.

33"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

34"So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

1 Peter 5:6-7

6Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time,

7casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.

and last but not least Jesus is still sovereign dear ones

Hebrews 1:3
1God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways,
2in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.

3And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

For the World and its system he says

1 John 2:17
17The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever.

John 16:33
These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world."

James 5:

Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries which are coming upon you.
2Your riches have rotted and your garments have become moth-eaten.

3Your gold and your silver have rusted; and their rust will be a witness against you and will consume your flesh like fire. It is in the last days that you have stored up your treasure!

4Behold, the pay of the laborers who mowed your fields, and which has been withheld by you, cries out against you; and the outcry of those who did the harvesting has reached the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth.

5You have lived luxuriously on the earth and led a life of wanton pleasure; you have fattened your hearts in a day of slaughter.

6You have condemned and put to death the righteous man; he does not resist you.

Now before someone takes this the wrong way I am not talking about the doom of society. but making a point that these are just some things that take place in the world system. But the believer should remain fixed upon the solid rock Jesus Christ.

:-)

2008/9/29 17:45Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Come Lord Jesus.

2008/9/29 18:36Profile

Re:

Amen...On Christ the solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand. Today and every day we should consider the lilly's of the field and the little sparrows that fall to the ground.....brother Frank

2008/9/29 20:07
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Nothing personal folks, but I was wondering when someone would make something out of the 777 thing, actually it was 777.68 if it's any consolation it took longer than I thought for it to come out. I say God is still in control and my faith is in him not Wall Street, yes it's a sad day when the crooks have got us into this mess, but if you want my advise just continue to trust in Jesus, he has been working things out for the best for over 2000 years and I think he's done a pretty good job. :-)

2008/9/29 21:24Profile

Re:

Now brother Bill, I did say no attacking and I put a little smiley face in there just so no one would have a hissy fit sheeesh.... :-)

2008/9/29 21:46

Re:

I still can't get over the numbers 911. Wow.

2008/9/29 21:56
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

appolus wrote:
Now brother Bill, I did say no attacking and I put a little smiley face in there just so no one would have a hissy fit sheeesh.... :-)

I understand, I was just messing with you in
Mr. Bill's own little way, nothing personal
as I said, just funning with you, I feel we
need more humor in the world today and that's
my calling so I am just trying to carry out my calling. :-)

2008/9/29 22:24Profile

Re:

Hi Bill...I like to laugh as well :-) Here are are few of my observations. When someone says "nothing personal," there is something personal coming :-P Another one would be" now please dont take offence," there is an offence coming 8-)

Now brother Bill....I know this fella, His name is Lucifer 666 Beelzebub isnt that an amazing co-incidence? I am not trying to say he is the devil or anything, its just that the 666 seems a bit coincidental, dont you think? ;-)

As far as it being 777.68, the fact that you rounded up , now dont take this personaly, and I dont mean any offence by this, I think proves that you must be a Capitilist. I rounded down of course because I kinda like the whole Robin Hood thing , you know, take from the rich and give to lefties, because they really need it :-P

2008/9/29 23:01
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

appolus wrote:
Hi Bill...I like to laugh as well :-) Here are are few of my observations. When someone says "nothing personal," there is something personal coming :-P Another one would be" now please dont take offence," there is an offence coming 8-)

Well to tell you the truth I am clueless to what you just said here,but if did somewhat understand in my neck of the woods, we would call a remark like that stereotyping, sorry your observations are so shallow and you totally observe the past with the present but hey we all take things differently "Thank God" I certainly did not mean nothing even close to your past observations, but I can see how you might take it that way by stereotyping.

2008/9/30 0:01Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy