SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : I lack love... am I a Christian? Looking for tests on salvation assurance.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dudeman777

I lack love... am I a Christian? Looking for tests on salvation assurance.

I am an angry person some of the time, but have some faith and knowledge of God, but I am angry at God and other peoplesometime, (not all the time).

Am I a Christian? am I saved?

I am not sure if I am truly converted and saved if I have anger and hatred some of the time towards others, both saved and not saved people.

1Jo 3:14 We know that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love abides in death.
1Jo 3:15 Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer; and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

I think I am saved most of the time, but still lack assurance...

2008/9/29 12:03Profile

Re: I lack love... am I a Christian? Looking for tests on salvation assurance.

This message might be helpful:

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=12829&commentView=itemComments]Examine Yourselves by Paul Washer[/url]

2008/9/29 13:07
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re: I lack love... am I a Christian? Looking for tests on salvation assurance.

Hello,

Honestly, I doubt people on the Internet can offer you a very accurate judgment simply because we do not know you and cannot observe your daily life.

Therefore, I would suggest you talk to a sound and godly pastor who may be able to guide you and pray with you in these things.

Also, I think many would agree it would be wise to read through 1st John and other passages of Scripture that talk about the fruit of a Christian.

However, I would not suggest you pursue the fruit in some kind of moralistic zeal. You would probably do better to study the gospel. Study and meditate on what Christ has done in dieing for the ungodly. Let your mind and heart feast upon the richness of the gospel, and be transformed from the inside out. Christ calls whosoever will to come and take of the water of life freely.

2008/9/29 13:12Profile

Re:

What?? You struggle with your old nature??

Guess what... so do all of us. So did the man who wrote the majority of the New Testament.

If you have placed your trust in Christ than you are saved. Yes, you will fail... but He wont fail, and that the beautiful thing about being saved.

Krispy

2008/9/29 13:26

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy