Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Honoring my Mother and my Father

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Watered

Honoring my Mother and my Father

What does it mean to honor your parents? How do you do it, and what are some guidlines to it. Any examples?

Thanks much.

2008/9/28 19:42Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Honoring my Mother and my Father

For one who is yet young and not married and therefore under their parents authority, I believe that to honor your parents includes both an inward and outward respect for them. This includes cheerful and loving obedience to their commands and submission to their teaching and discipline.

There is much in Scripture on the proper respect for authority and it is of such importance to God that in the Old Testament, civil instructions were given to the people of Israel to stone a rebellious child.

Honoring your parents also includes being helpful and a comfort and support to them at all times, especially when they are in old age or in sickness.

The Bible says we should fear our parents (Lev 19:3), revere our parents (Heb 12:9), and obey our parents (Eph 6:1-3).

It's pretty simple really, you come when they call you, go where they send you, do what they ask, and don't do what they forbid.

Now if I could just convince my children of that... ;-)

In Christ,

Ron

2008/9/28 20:07Profile
Watered

Re:

Thank you very much sir, yes i agree whole heartadly to that, and i really want to honor my parents, but sadly i must say i most likely am very foolish, i remeber that the Bible says somewhere that a foolish son grieves his mother, (somthing like that i dont remember exactly), but i grieve my mom alot and i guess i am really foolish. But yea all that is so important, but another thing that happens alot is like my parents tell me to come to them and i always tell them to wait and i say that i will be thier in a moment but i dont come right away, or i tell my parents i'll do something in 30 min. but i end up doing it in a hour and a half or not at all, which is not good at all. But yea that you much.

2008/9/28 20:23Profile

Re:

Here's a message that you might find helpful:

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=13796&commentView=itemComments]Honor Your Father and Mother by Roy Daniel[/url]

2008/9/28 22:25
Watered

Re:

cool, thanks i might check it out somtimes, thank you very much.

2008/9/28 22:36Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy