SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : video comparing christian manifestations with new age

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
boG

Las Vegas, NV

video comparing christian manifestations with new age

Some time ago there was a link to a video on youtube, the video looked like it was made sometime during the late 70's, which appeared to be a documentary of spiritual manifestations. It was taking footage of spiritual manifestations from different churches including: laughter, falling down, shaking, and all around lacking self-control and sober-mindedness and cutting to different eastern and new age sessions of meditations and trances, etc, with the same manifestations as those seen in the churches.

I should have saved this video or a link to it when I saw it.

Does anyone have a link to said or similar video, so that I might share it for instructive purposes among my fellow Christians?

2008/9/25 22:40Profile
swsojourner

Re: video comparing christian manifestations with new age

Howdy,

this may be the one you are thinking of or something similiar

[url=http://www.buddymartin.net/blog/2008/07/12/be-aware-of-strange-movements/]Pastor Buddy's Blog[/url]

God bless,
KN

2008/9/26 1:36Profile
poet

Longview WA

Re:

this may be what your looking for,
I have seen this on the inplainsite website.
I tried to see the one on buddys blog but its not there. :-(
bummer.

[url=http://www.inplainsite.org/html/kundalini.html]http://www.inplainsite.org/html/kundalini.html[/url]

2008/9/26 10:05Profile
boG

Las Vegas, NV

Re: kundalini

Ah! Yes, that is the video!

Thank you both so much for your help.

This is certainly a seriously distrubing documentary. However, with the massive movement of spiritual darkness boasting itself with lying signs and wonders against the true knowledge of God; I wanted to share this video with particular friends for the protection of their faith.

2008/9/26 14:11Profile
boG

Las Vegas, NV

Re: video comparing christian manifestations with new age

I did some looking around through different links and searches with some details from the two videos from inplainsite.org and Pastor Buddy's blog; and I found the video in its entirety (about 2 hours long) on google.

[b]Signs And Wonders Movement Exposed - Part 1[/b]
By Mark Haville
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5411907440673613510

[b]Signs And Wonders Movement Exposed - Part 2[/b]
By Mark Haville
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=684564137529404621&hl=en

2008/9/27 0:14Profile
KathleenP

Maine

Re:

Thanks for doing the research Jordan. It really has made me reflect even more on things I witnessed for many years in the church that I know simply didn't sit well with me. I know it was the Holy Spirit.

Jesus didn't make a spectacle of himself. He didn't strive or cry in the streets. The only things that caused chaos were manifesting demons and of course his opposers.

I'll take a look at these as I know many that are still supporting this sort of thing and sadly people love it.

Kathleen

2008/9/27 5:31Profile
KathleenP

Maine

Re:

I viewed both Parts I & II this evening. I'm not sure when this documentary was filmed,(I'm sure it would be easy enough to find out) but found this to be very well done and worth the time it takes to watch.

I am becoming increasingly convinced that we not only need to educate ourselves to what these learned men are relaying, but also, if necessary, humble ourselves and repent if we must, of participating in any of these types of situations.

I think of how many times I would be in church services and witness similar antics by people I knew and feel I had no right to judge them because I felt they were sincere. I had even been supposedly "slain in the spirit" a few times in my years as a saint and now I realize how easy it is to allow yourself to succumb simply by suggestion or atmosphere. Yes, I will admit this because I want to acknowledge that I am a sincere and conservative saint and have been duped before. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's experienced this. I do praise God that He's making the bounderies clear and that we really need to ask the Lord to reveal to us things we might be in error about be it the gifts, or music, or attire etc.

I would rather suffer a bit of embarassment and abasing of self than to refuse to budge on questionable issues. I have asked the Lord to show me if I am in error on some things and He has always been faithful to answer. Sometimes we don't care for the answers, but I want to remain in the light and reject the pride that wants to rise up in me.

Praise God for His refining!

Kathleen

2008/9/27 19:57Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

While it is true that many Christians accept almost all manifestation as being from God, there is the opposite extreme prevalent in the Church, and that is that most everything in the Church that is supernatural is from the deceiver.

The men that spoke of the Charismatic movement and compared the manifestations that have taken place to the New Age are only giving you one side of the picture. Many of the so called discenment ministries are really heresy hunter ministries because they are putting men and movements in one big lump and saying that it is all false which is a lie. The Brownsville revival is one example of a move of God that these men are calling false because of certain manifestations that took place. They are not juging the work as Jesus said to judge it by the fruit, and there was much fruit that took place in this revival. Many were saved, backsliders came back to Christ, and the fruit from that revival lasts to this day. I am very familiar with what took place at Brownsville. Steve Hill and Michael Brown preached the true gospel. They preached the cross and death to the self life. To implicate that these men are false teachers is nothing but a lie. You can't just take a few clips of some of the most extreme elements of the revival and judge the whole revival by that. It is obvious that most of these men that see all manifestations of being of the devil have never studied the history of manifestations in past revivals. It would do them well to study the works of Jonathan Edwards.

There is a lot of strange fire going on within the Church. There are false prophets and teachers out there. We must be discerning, proving all things, and holding fast to that which is good.

David Wilkerson has written about a last days revival that will take place that there will be signs and wonders, miracles, and healings. So those that believe that everything supernatural that takes place is of the devil are going to completely miss this revival. They talk about the falling away, which is true and will happen and is happening now, but they don't see the true revival that is going to take place before Jesus comes.

The leaders of this website are holding a revival conference. They are praying and believing God for true revival. We can't have revival on our terms.

May we hold prove all things and hold fast to that which is good.

Mike

2008/9/28 0:01Profile
KathleenP

Maine

Re:

Brother Mike,

I do agree that some may go to the other extreme, and that when the true move of God takes place, there be many that will reject it as evil.

Jesus did give us the true example of walking in the power of God and the baptism of fire. The jews did not deny His ability to heal but were filled with envy. I sense that the so called faith preachers will deal out the same to the vessels that the Lord choses to annoint in these last days.

The revivals being held in Georgia and Scotland are different than many of these mass meetings. These brothers are seeking the Lord with pure hearts and brokenness.
I know that they, as well as Leonard Ravenhill, David Wilkerson, Keith Daniels, and Art Katz, to name a few, possess a maturity and wisdom that cannot be hidden.

These really are perilous times and I was simply exhorting saints to be extremely cautious.

Please take this from an aging saint that has witnessed things that give me reason to be concerned for the lambs.

I pray that I have not appeared contentious. I patiently wait for God to rise up.

God Bless

2008/9/28 7:11Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Dear Sister,

Please don't think that I was coming against you or even disagreeing with you.

I sincerely appreciate the love for the truth that the saints have that participate in these forums.

I came to the Lord in the early 70'S as a Catholic that got began attending Charismatic prayer meetings. This was a true move of God and the Holy Spirit was poured out in many of the main line denominations. There were many Catholics that were saved and filled with the Spirit as a result of this move of God. In those early days of the revival that was taking place, Jesus was truly glorifed and lifted up. However when the emphasis shifted away from Jesus to the gifts, then that is where many of the problems began to take root.

Many of the original teachings that came out of the early Charismatic movement were not false teachings in themselves, but the enemy moved in and perverted many of these truths that the Holy Spirit was restoring to the Church. Whenever we move away from the foundation in which Christianity is based, then the enemy will pervert the truth.

For years I participated in revival forums that Charismatics hosted, and I can understand why many non Charismatics have a problem with this movement. Some of the most godly saints from the past that have greatly impacted my life were not charismatic.

If we have a true love of the truth and the Body of Christ, the Holy Spirit will teach us, and we will receive all that God has for us without getting into deception.

Mike

2008/9/28 7:49Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy