Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : About a book

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

About a book

Greetings
Is anyone familiar with a book series called the Twilight? Is this a book that Christians should even be consider reading? Anyone have any insights they can share with me?

God Bless
MJ

2008/9/25 15:33Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: About a book

Twilight is very similar to Anne Rice books;
romance with the undead. I would avoid!!

2008/9/25 16:30Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings Sojourner7

Thanks for your quick reply. I am not interested in reading these books myself but someone that I am close with is thinking about reading it and they profess to be a christian. I am praying and trying to know how to share with them concerning these kinds of books.
Thanks
God Bless
MJ

2008/9/25 17:06Profile

Re:

If this is the twilight book series I think it is then be advised a movie is going to be released very soon. The book and movie I think are directed toward the teen audience. The main male teen is a vampire?? I think. He has all the super powers of flight speed etc. So these things, powers, appeal to many teens as well as adults.
The reason i know a little about it is from seeing the trailer for the movie and I saw the author of the books interviewed on the news.
As a preivious poster said..avoid! However if your friend dosen't want to avoid reading it you may just want to patiently pray. Then when they have finished maybe just ask questions about the book and try and find out what your friend thinks about the message of the book vs the message of Christ and resurrection etc.
These are just suggestions. I'm sure others have some good wisdom to share as well.
Lord bless you mj

2008/9/25 19:18

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy