Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Federal Marriage Amendment

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DelightedInU

Escondido, CA

Federal Marriage Amendment

Hey Everyone!

Has anyone heard anything about the Federal Marriage Amendment?

Well I just wanted to let you guys know that out congressmen will be voting on and discussing it soon. I think tomorrow, Wednesday, they might be doing it.

The FMA is an amendment that will protect the institution of marriage between a man and a woman. It will not allow gay marriages to be recognized. I am so saddened by the state of our contry and their acceptance of homosexuality. It will be a digrace for America to accept gay marriages. Anyways, this is a very grievious issue. I pray that you guys would really pray to our God and ask for His will and that the FMA will pass. The odds for it passing isn't likely. But we as a nation should still be praying.

II Chronicles 7:14
For if my people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray, and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

For more info go to [url=nogaymarriage.com]Federal Marriage Amendment[/url]

2004/7/13 19:28Profile
jouko

Ex-England colony of Australia

Re: Federal Marriage Amendment

I was reading the Swedish newspaper this morning and it reported the Swedish Lutheran Church to be discussing what to call the "marriage" between gay people and more of the wording in the ceremony. I don't know if they have had an amendment to the Act or if they ever had an Act but you would think that the Lutheran Church would be living according to its principles from the Word of God.

2004/7/13 19:40Profile
KeithLaMothe

Re:

In Denmark there's a Lutheran state church, it might be the same in Sweden.

As far as I can tell,

State church + time = dead church

2004/7/13 22:19Profile
Chosen7Stone

FL, USA

It was my understanding that it was to be discussed and voted upon this past Monday, July 12th. But I just briefly researched it, and they're actually going to try to vote on Wednesday...so you're right.
I wrote letters to a number of U.S. Senators, not only the two from my state, but as many as I could outside my state.
Christian Coalition, a Christian political activist group, can be a little in-your-face at times, but they definitely don't let political things pass them by. I have been frequenting their online [url=http://www.cc.org/FMA/fma.php?PHPSESSID=f77e333baffce0888e125d18b5ff58f8]Federal Marriage Amendment Action Center[/url] since I first heard about it, and recommend looking it over. Make sure you sign their petition, please.

2004/7/13 22:41Profile
fdevont

Sanford, FL

I saw a little of the debate on TV today and it was interesting to see that the republicans (conservatives) were in-fighting amongst themselves. I read in a magazine yesterday where certain clergy were supporting same sex marriages because they believe that it is a part of civil rights. Even though I am against same sex marriages I am not to concerned about the outcome because I know that this amendment will probably not make it through congress. I am also aware that the bible speaks of these things happening (Romans 1). The government and politics are not the way to battle this thing. As Christians we must live according to the word and be an example to others. We must also remember to correct people in love and not argue over these things but teach and preach the uncompromised word of God. In the end the Lord will be victorious if we do believe what his word says. :-)

2004/7/13 22:54Profile
Chancellor

Re:

I've read the end of the book: God wins! Because God wins, we win!

2004/7/13 22:58Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy