SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : A Good Word from David Wilkerson on the Economy

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

A Good Word from David Wilkerson on the Economy

I got this today in the mail:

"Dearly Beloved:

GOD IS STILL KING OF THE FLOODS.

The Psalmist writes, “The floods have lifted up, O Lord, the floods have lifted up their voice; the floods lift up their waves” (Psalm 93:3).

The floods represent the rising waters of afflictions, the overwhelming crises that are coming on the earth affecting multitudes. This is the flood of unemployment, housing nightmares, ever-growing financial difficulties. We now face a great flood of fear and confusion about what to do to survive the storm.

It tears my heart to have a single mother stop me on the street weeping, “Pastor, what am I going to do? I lost my job, and I may lose my apartment. I have nothing to live on. Where will I go?” Top-level executives are being laid off with no warning. Workers tell me they see bosses crying at their desks, asking, “What will I do? I’m broke. What about my mortgage? I have no benefits.”

Some terrible things are happening, even to some of the godliest believers. I ask God, “Lord, what do I tell them? They are in the flood.” I know these saintly people pray and read God’s Word. Indeed, they have learned to trust the Lord. But now their faith is being tested to the limit.

I get calls from some who are soon to lose everything. I can’t just give these people a pep talk and a few Scriptures and ask them to cheer up. I am not suffering the way they are. I still get paid, and I am not in danger of losing my home.

I ask you, please, hear my heart as I say this: The time is not far away before we all will be deeply affected by the economic flood coming to the whole world. Great trials are ahead for all of us who deeply love the Lord.

Here is what I am led to do by the Holy Spirit. I ask it of my family, all of whom work with the church body. [b]I urge you to pray to see if the Lord is leading you to do the same:

No more buying of luxuries. Cut all spending except absolute necessities.

Sell every unneeded item. Turn it to cash and give it to ministries to the poor and needy.

Downsize as much as possible. Be willing to let it all come to this: “Having food and raiment [covering], let us be therewith content” (1 Timothy 6:8).

Build up your faith by reminding the Lord daily of his promises:

“The Lord sitteth upon the flood; yea, the Lord sitteth King for ever” (Psalm 29:10).

In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness” (Psalm 31:1).[/b]

In Christ,
DAVID WILKERSON"

http://www.worldchallenge.org/node/5320

2008/9/23 16:45

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy