Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : whats wrong

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
davywaiganjo

Kenya

whats wrong

Many times i purpose to live for Christ....the more determined i am,the more i find myself drifting away from Him,i would like ,with all of my heart,to be found in the Book of life..What is Wrong with me??

2008/9/21 13:19Profile
learn

Re: whats wrong

Hi,

Maybe you can provide more information such as are you a born again Christian. Many people think that they are but they really aren't. If you aren't, you will need to ask God to come into your life. Even if you are a Christian, it doesn't mean its easy. We see our sins more clearly and sometimes it may seem we are drifting away because of the clarity of our sinfulness.

Without more information, its very hard to provide more help. Take care

2008/9/21 14:40Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

If you are genuinely converted and are finding yourself drifting away from God though you purpose with all your heart to live for Him...I will be as bold to say that [i]nothing[/i] is wrong. What you are experiencing is common among all saints who purpose to know God in a deeper way. We all go through seasons, and I have learnt that the walk of a believer very often parallels that of the weather and other non man-made elements God has put in place on Earth. Today may be sunny, blue skies; tomorrow a storm can come. The next day sunny again; the following day could be gray, but no rain. Seasons, it's all about seasons, and the only constant we have to fall back on is the unmerited grace of God to keep us afloat by virtue of faith in the righteousness of Jesus Christ.

If I could, I would broadcast to all young believers (I'm not saying you're young) the futility in looking for spiritual confirmation through experiences, signs, feelings, etc. None of them mean anything you'll find as you mature in the faith; everything is transitory - you can have an awesome experience with God in the morning, and yet be totally backslidden by the evening. So, all I'm trying to say is that it is wise early on to [i]divorce yourself[/i] from the need to gain spiritual approbation by virtue of feelings or emotion. God may bring a thunderstorm into your life, and that thunderstorm may last for a season. A long season. But if you're wise, you'll see that with thunderstorms come also lots of rain, and this rain is able to fill wells that you can put in use during the subsequent season of drought and sunny days with no clouds at all.

The fact is, you grow during these times of hurt and confusion. More than you can imagine. The secret is to lose all your strength, admit that you know nothing, and simply look to Jesus Christ to see you through whatever season you're in.

This is assuming, of course, that you're genuinely born-again.

Brother Paul

2008/9/21 14:47Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:
The secret is to lose all your strength, admit that you know nothing, and simply look to Jesus Christ to see you through whatever season you're in.

Precious words brother

If I may accompany brother Pauls words and thoughts with a sermon that goes along the same line, its only an half hour long, but its content is enough for a life time.

And in these seasons of darkness, this message has helped me, maybe you can find something for you in it?

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=1373]The Grace of God by T.Austin Sparks[/url]

2008/9/21 15:03Profile
JoanM

Re: If salvation is not in question

[u]PaulWest wrote[/u] - [i]The fact is, you grow during these times of hurt and confusion[/i].

Read the thread [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=23155&forum=35]Even Hero’s of the faith struggled[/url]. Chambers in particular. Things work like this on SI: one thread poses a question that another addresses

2008/9/21 15:29Profile
davywaiganjo

Kenya

Am responding to the question from learn if am saved.i have accepted Christ as my saviour,but the problem is,i still feel myself,i admire pastors and other men of God who are able to fully dedicate themselfs to God,praying without feeling of tiredness,reading the word,not because you have to but because its sweet...

2008/9/22 8:06Profile
learn

Re:

Quote:

davywaiganjo wrote:
Am responding to the question from learn if am saved.i have accepted Christ as my saviour,but the problem is,i still feel myself,i admire pastors and other men of God who are able to fully dedicate themselfs to God,praying without feeling of tiredness,reading the word,not because you have to but because its sweet...

Davy, not every Christian is good in prayers reading the bible, behaviour. We can however continually ask God for help in this area that our prayer, reading life etc be improved.Sometimes God will answer immediately, sometimes it seem to take forever.

I cannot tell from your statement whether you are truly born again. What people tend to determine whether a person is born again is to look at the fruits of the spirit and not all the times they are able to assume correctly whether somebody is born again or not. Sometimes there are signs etc that accompany the born again Christian, sometimes there are none. Signs alone are useless if there is no change in us, that's why the advise by others not to rely on them.

I do believe however, if we continually seek Him and willing to serve Him (even at times when we don't feel that He exist or feel that He has abandoned us) until our last breathe, we will find Him or He will find us and we will grow in our Christian walk. Also, getting the correct gospel--that's why the urging on bible reading and correct pastors. This is very important.

Also, its important to read the bible, listen to sermons by good preachers (you can find them in Youtube posted by SermonIndex).
This is so that you will not be misled by false teachings, false teachers, false gospels. Also, I believe that Christianity (not Catholicsm) is the true gospel ie pray only to Jesus. Christian and Catholic bibles are different I think.

Some good preachers are Paul Washer, Leonard Ravenhill, Paris Reidhead. Some of their sermons may not be so easy to listen to if we feel our walk with God has been lax or young in Christian walk, but we can slowly grow into it. I'm giving you these pastors' names with the hope that in case you are really not born again, these sermons together with the bible will be able to guide you on how to be so. Even if you are a true Christian, these sermons and pastors will still help in your walk with God.

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=sermonindex

Lastly whatever you read/hear/see, compare/test it with what the bible teaches so that you are not misled.

Also, whatever is happening, for example ugly behaviour by Christians, please do not be discouraged/fall away but look only to Jesus.

2008/9/22 11:55Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

I agree wholeheartedly with the words Paul West has shared with you, but will address this to you as if you were not born again.

It's imperative you realize that dedicating your life to Christ does not make your name written in the Book of life. No amount of service, works, tears or prayers can put your name there. Salvation is simply letting go of your own efforts and toil to save and resting fully in what Jesus did for you on the cross when He shed His blood to redeem you. It's not about your dedication to Him but really about His dedication to you. To be saved, trust completely in His work alone even despite all sin and lack of service in your own life. Only then can you truly even begin to walk in the newness of life God is calling you to.

Blessings,
-Eli

2008/9/22 12:01Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy