SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Leonard Ravenhill--help needed

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
learn

Leonard Ravenhill--help needed

Does anyone recall which sermon is it that Leonard Ravenhill mentioned the % which he thinks will be saved?

Ravenhill mentions he thinks its 2.5% while another person from India thinks its 5% when asked by Ravenhill. The thing is I can't remember whether the 2.5% and 5% is referring to Christians in America or just total Americans.

Thanks

2008/9/19 16:25Profile
vasilef

ROMANIA

Re: Leonard Ravenhill--help needed

I'm not sure, I think it's from "Why revival tarries".

He said that he doubts that more than 2% of professing Christians in the United States are born again.

2008/9/21 8:53Profile
learn

Re: Leonard Ravenhill--help needed

Thanks.

2008/9/21 11:47Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I believe he mentions that phrase in this video:

[b]A Man Of God (video) by Leonard Ravenhill[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=1702

2008/9/21 11:50Profile
learn

Re:

Thanks

2008/9/21 11:54Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

He also mentions it in his book "Revival Praying" and the other brother in question is Bahkt Singh from India.

2008/9/21 12:19Profile
learn

Re:

Quote:

PaulWest wrote:
He also mentions it in his book "Revival Praying" and the other brother in question is Bahkt Singh from India.

Thanks

2008/9/21 13:16Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

Do we really need to be concerned about what percentage of the population of America is REALLY Christian, Jesus never told us to concern ourselves with this kind of discussion, quite the opposite, he discouraged us from spending too much time 'pulling weeds.'

Quote:
Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn. --Matthew 13:24-30

Jesus explains this parable later in the chapter, which obviously refers to those within the church that really do not belong to Jesus.

Quote:
Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.

He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. --Matthew 13:36-42

Our job is to preach the true Gospel, the Holy Spirit will confirm whether or not the job was really done! In the end it is the job of Angels to divide between the wheat and the tares, not our job... we can get caught up doing something that hasn't been assigned for us to do... and there is a dangerous warning too!

We can accidentally pull up those whom have been planted rightly in the gospel by our zealousness to pull out weeds... we can cause genuine Christian to stumble in this pursuit! Remember the warning that Jesus gave, 'And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.' --Mark 9:42

Three words: Not Our Job!

2008/9/21 20:07Profile
learn

Re:

Iansmith,

kindly do not jump to conclusions. Just because somebody asked for something, it does not necessarily need be what you think it is--can you read my thoughts or what I'm going to use it for or are you just guessing based on your own thoughts. There is a purpose for my asking and its certainly not what you think.

2008/9/21 22:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy