SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : RedPath, modern singer, modern songwriter and modern preachers...spiritual bedfellows!!! errrr!!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
changing4Him

RedPath, modern singer, modern songwriter and modern preachers...spiritual bedfellows!!! errrr!!!!

RedPath, quote from his sermon on HOLINESS:

"We must all...and this is too important because we are slow to learn...WE MUST ABANDON OUR STRUGGLE TO BE HOLY...and lay our INABILITY TO LIVE A HOLY LIFE where we layed our sin...upon JESUS, and find in Him our victory...((so what does that mean.. keep our sin, keep on doing it? In Him find the victory.((What does that mean exactly for our sin that we keep on doing?))...

"IF we get to the __(inaudible)___ to the sense of our INABILITY ..that it is NO USE GOING ON TRYING ANYMORE I take the INABILITY to live the LIFE and lay it at Jesus feet...
...You see, A GREAT SAINT IS A GREAT RECEIVER, men who TAKE THEIR HOLINESS BY FAITH...." END QUOTE OF RedPath.

Serious question: (pause and think) Does anyone wonder WHERE IN THE WORLD the apostate doctrine of TODAY's chrisgeeanity comes from? Do people think that it just suddenly APPEARED OUT OF THIN AIR? Just appeared within the past 10-20-or-30 years? If you believe that, I have some swamp land for sale in Florida you can build a house on.

The truth is, this sermon sounds just like any apostate speech I've heard of in today's times. The "waxing eloquence" of this man does not seduce me one bit. He is preaching grievous garbage if you listen. He sounds JUST LIKE the preachers of today..."Hey, no need to be holy...you cannot do it on your own...just put it at Jesus feet." That sounds soo nice. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? "Put it at Jesus feet?" To RedPath, it means, leave your sin alone, don't worry about it, don't look at it, don't try to change it, just accept it and you are just peachy---just fine---a saved saint...all you have to do is "receive it by faith." ((Nice to know your salvation is only in your "head".)) He defines a saint as one who "can receive" or "receives". RedPath preaches an apostacy equal to todays hirlings...no different...oh, excuse me..he sounds so authoratative with his accent. (and by the way, I think British accents are cool, easy on the ears!)
This is clearly a NO REPENTENCE REQUIRED apostate, fool-yourself chrisgeeanity, self-deceptive, 'another jesus' bunch of garbage that is so plentyful in today's world. It sickens me. And I am sooo tired of hearing it.

These are a modern singer's words penned by another modern singer/songwriter. The song is called, "I HAVE DECIDED", take a listen:

QUOTING the song:

I have decided,
((with your mind))
Being good is just a fable,
((RedPath: "No use going on trying"))
I just can't 'cause I'm not able.
((RedPath: "INABILITY to live a holy life" perfect match of these two--"not able" and "inability"))

I'm gonna leave it to the Lord.
((RedPath:"at Jesus feet"))
I have decided((with strongholds of the mind))
I'm gonna live like a believer,
((believer of which jesus was that, singer?
For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.))
Turn my back on the deceiver,
I'm gonna live what I believe."
((This is repeated 4 times in the song))
MORE OF THIS SONG SAYS:
"But deep inside I NEVER CHANGE;
((don't want to---loves sinful self too much and too hard of a job to do))
I guess I'd been deceived.
((no comment needed))
'Cause a voice inside kept telling me,
That I'd change by and by,
((doesn't believe THAT voice??? which voice is easier on your ears??? the ear-tickeling fairy??))
But the Spirit made it clear to me,
((again, WHICH spirit???)
That kind of life's a lie."
((WOW!)
Very nice and thank you very much extremely popular songwriter/singer and more popular singer woman...how many young people of this age follow you?.....
This song popped in my head as I began to type this post. Upon finding the lyrics to the song, I discovered who penned these lyrics, but I already knew who was the "oracle" of the song.
Just par for the course for todays chrisgeenaity.

I pray people would wake up. This makes me actually hear the blood circulate in my ears as I type!

If people do not stop following men and women ((YES! Old,dead people and young beatiful singers... as well as young&old dead preachers who are still living)) if they do not stop worshipping THEIR WORDS as gospel and begin listening to God's Word as the final authority (VIA THE SPIRIT OF GOD, NOT MAN!) they will not like eternity very much; it will be a very painful surprise one day to so many people. Man just loves a pied piper, whether to suit his intellect, his intellectually-spiritual mind or his need-to-groove soul...it's all the same garbage: the pied piper syndrome...just GOT to follow someone who we can hear and see in the flesh, just got to.

The apostate doctrine goes waaaaay back begining with 2 VERY POPULAR "FOUNDERS"(also still worshipped today by chrisgens) of a certain movement hundreds and hundreds of years ago which is still WIDELY ACCEPTED as the foundation of modern Christianity by just about everyone in today's "chrisgeeanity". These doctrines are the basis for almost every modern-day church. More on that at another time.
Just because someone is old or dead, do not always believe their words. Ravenhill and Katz are good, as I have agreed with them over the past year or two, hearing them about a handful of times combined. So I do not worship them. I am familiar with them, and know THEY ARE TRUE SAINTS by their words and their alignment with the WORD OF GOD.

I LOOK FORWARD TO LISTENING to more of these guys on this site, as I am new to this forum/site. I will write more as/and/or/if I am prompted.
I might go in alphabetical order(skipping Ravenhill and Katz, as I know that they are right on, or "spot on"!).
SCRIPTURE TIME :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

BE YE HOLY>:

Leviticus 20:7 Sanctify yourselves therefore, and BE YE HOLY: for I am the LORD your God.

1 Peter 1:15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so BE YE HOLYin all manner of conversation;

1 Peter 1:16 Because it is written, BE YE HOLY; for I am holy.

1 Thessalonians 4:7 For God hath not CALLED US unto uncleanness, but UNTO HOLINESS.
--------------------------------------------------
HOLINESS: THE ATTRIBUTE >

HEBREWS
13 And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.
14 FOLLOW peace with all men, and HOLINESS, WITHOUT WHICH NO MAN SHALL SEE THE LORD
-------------------------------------------------
ISAIAH
35:8 And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called THE WAY OF HOLINESS; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein.
--------------------------------------------------
LUKE
1:74-75 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear, IN HOLINESS AND RIGHTEOUSNESS before him, all the days of our life.
--------------------------------------------------ROMANS
6:19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; EVEN SO NOW YIELD YOUR MEMBER SERVANTS TO RIGHTEOUSNESS UNTO HOLINESS.
Romans 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, YE HAVE YOUR FRUIT UNTO HOLINESS, and the end everlasting life.
Ephesians 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
------------------------------------------------
1 Thessalonians 3:13 To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.
-----------------------------------------------
1 Timothy 2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in BEHAVIOUR THAT AS BECOMETH HOLINESS, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
Hebrews 12:10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

James 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. CLEANSE YOUR HANDS, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

------------------------------------------------
do do do act act act...we should not use meaningless phrases that are NOT IN THE BIBLE "leave it at Jesus feet" WHO IN THE WORLD made that phrase up??? It is a phrase of nothingness,it is vague, and it satisfies people's soul because they've heard this silly cliche' for as long as they can remember---> when the BIble tells us to DO DO DO. Do a search on "REPENT AND BELIEVE" in the KJV Bible. Repent...did RedPath talk about that in conjuction with holiness on that sermon? REpent...repent and believe...the word says to do it IN THAT ORDER.

(1) REPENT and then (2) HOLINESS comes. This is almost a lost gospel in modern chrisgeeanity.

Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Mark 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
Luke 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

(Between the Gospels and Revelation, repent/repented/repentance is found in 60 verses, 25 of which are red letter verses by Jesus Christ).

I'm thinking that REPENTENCE isn't "His feet", it's a DOING WORD, wouldn't you agree? The Bible is ALWAYS telling you to do stuff and don't do stuff ...it's NEW AND Old Testament...read it(a challenge). No where does my KJV bible tell me to put my sins at his feet, but it says to REPENT of my sins and BE RESPONSIBLE for them, otherwise eternity will bite me in the rear unexpectedly!

People make stuff up in modern chrisgenity all the time...they make stuff up that isn't in the Bible. Then they build houses on it...so very horrible...and others keep perpetuating it as the decades/centuries pass!
For instance here's a challenge: try to search your KJV Bible for the word "unconditional love" like as in "God's unconditional love". You cannot find it. God has stipulations.

He tells me to REPENT and BELIEVE, then salvation and His work on the cross is then known to be accepted by me, as my born-again behavior testifies. HE did the work on the cross. I have faith in my salvation by proof of my repentent, born-again BEHAVIOR & born-again ATTITUDES...THEN I PROVE that I do, in fact, really, believe in Him. The proof of my salvation is my behavior. It is a testimony of the living Jesus Christ inside of me via His Holy Spirit.
(all other gospels are simply salvation in the mind/head, and not the HEART, because your heart will become exposed as your behavior tattle tales on you/your heart, be it good or bad).

Doing is a good thing, as God has indeed made us to "do" stuff. "Will do", I don't want my feet burning, as my "will" must be submitted to his...submit to Him, submitting to his Spirit, I cannot be ruler over myself anymore...submit to the WORD...behave in line with the WORD...submitted...my will under His.

No RedPath for me. I want to walk on streets of gold.

2008/9/17 2:55Profile

Re: RedPath, modern singer, modern songwriter and modern preachers...spiritual bedfel

Which sermon is this? Can you direct me to it?

2008/9/17 9:08

Re: RedPath, modern singer, modern songwriter and modern preachers...spiritual bedfel

Hi,,,welcome to sermonindex.

I read your post. I personally know nothing about Redpath. Nor do I know the singer you are talking about. I tend not to like much of "modern," worship with all its personal pronouns and none of the name of Jesus. I would just like to point out a couple of things. If you believe that you can produce your own Holiness, I sincerely wish you the best of luck(and I do not belive in luck:)

I believe that when you break down your post it actually becomes the classic tension between doers of the Law and surrender. Paul was accused of giveing a "licence to sin." To which he replied "God forbid." It was the Pharisees that accused him. They did that because they did not have a new heart, and their whole life consisted of adhering to the Law in order to produce "righteousness." Of course they failed miserably. I suggest that you study Romans 7 and perhaps Galatians for a deeper sense of what Paul is teaching us.

The last thing that any genuine Christian wants to do is sin. We do know that there is a law at work in our very flesh and it must be recognized otherwise the cry of our life will be "Oh wretched man that I am." Before Christ came, the eye was on the Law. The laws purpose was not to produce righteousness, but to be a mirror to our sin, highlight our sinfulness and point us to our desperate need for a Saviour.

If a genuine Christian seeks to overcome sins in his life, then he will do that by not focusing on the sin, but focusing on Jesus. You see, its only in His presence that we are changed. In order to come into His presence, we have to seek Him. We seek Him because we love Him and want to become more like Him. If we look at our sins , in relation to overcoming them(not ignoring them) then we are only empowering the sin. Sin will take advatage of our flesh, our weakness. The only way to overcome the sin is to do it through Christ. Now , what does "do it through Christ ," mean? What does Paul mean when he says "
O foolish Galatians, who bewitched you not to obey the truth, to whom before your eyes Jesus Christ was written among you crucified?
This only I would learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law, or by hearing of faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, do you now perfect yourself in the flesh?

You can find some of my conclusions to these question in a piece I wrote "Is there life in the Scriptures."

http://scottishwarriors.wordpress.com/2008/01/07/is-there-life-in-the-scriptures/

2008/9/17 9:22
changing4Him

Re:

Revelation22:11

"He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still."

May we ALL make the eternally beneficial choices each and every day ... :-) Blessings.

2008/10/7 4:04Profile

Re:

This is true, we are to be holy. We are to strive to serve the Lord by denying ourselves and taking up our cross and following Him.

So let me ask... are you suggesting that it is possible for us to reach sinless perfection in this life?

By the way, I know the song... it's a 30 yr old song by Amy Grant. While not an Amy Grant fan (at all), I will say this: we do have to decide if we're going to follow the Lord or not. Everyday we have to make that decision. Not decide if we're going to be saved each day, but decide if we're going to follow Him daily.

Unless you're promoting hyper-Calvinism. Is that what you're suggesting? I'm just asking so's I can understand better where you're coming from.

And welcome to SI! Glad to have you here.

Krispy

2008/10/7 7:20
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Quote:

changing4Him wrote:
RedPath, quote from his sermon on HOLINESS:

"We must all...and this is too important because we are slow to learn...WE MUST ABANDON [b]OUR STRUGGLE[/b] TO BE HOLY...and lay [b]our INABILITY[/b] TO LIVE A HOLY LIFE where we layed our sin...upon JESUS, and find in Him our victory...((so what does that mean.. keep our sin, keep on doing it? In Him find the victory.((What does that mean exactly for our sin that we keep on doing?))...

"IF we get to the __(inaudible)___ to the sense of our [b]INABILITY[/b] ..that it is NO USE GOING ON [b]TRYING[/b] ANYMORE I take the INABILITY to live the LIFE and lay it at Jesus feet...
...You see, A GREAT SAINT IS A GREAT RECEIVER, men who [b]TAKE THEIR HOLINESS BY FAITH[/b]...." END QUOTE OF RedPath.

Serious question: (pause and think) Does anyone wonder WHERE IN THE WORLD the apostate doctrine of TODAY's chrisgeeanity comes from? Do people think that it just suddenly APPEARED OUT OF THIN AIR? Just appeared within the past 10-20-or-30 years? If you believe that, I have some swamp land for sale in Florida you can build a house on.

I remember hearing Ron Bailey (philologos) say that any preaching on the doctrine of Justification by Faith should result in the conclusion being drawn "Shall we sin, that grace may abound?" to which we must reply with an emphatic "God forbid" or "How could you?"

Paul preached "justification by faith", not "justification by sanctification". Sadly there are many who so fear that people would "take the grace of God for granted" that they proclaim a self exertive gospel, resulted in simulated holiness, that imitates the real thing. When we insulate the hearer from coming to the realisation that logically "grace abounds" where "sin abounds", we also insulate the hearer from "Sola Fide".

Any righteousness that comes from any other source but "God alone", is "self righteousness", and therefore as "still born refuse" to God, and unable to save.

Knowing something of Redpath, and his actual "spiritual bedfellows" (men like Maj Ian Thomas and Norman Grubb), I have added some emphasis to your quote, above. These, and most of the Keswick preachers put great focus on Galatians 2:20, "..not I, but Christ..". The point being that "our struggle" must be replaced with "our surrender".

The world wants us to focus on our ability, our strength, and even (dare I say) our morality. The Kingdom of God is about "seek first", and "all things" being "added". Asaph wrote, "My flesh and my heart faileth, but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion forever". Many of us have fallen for the lie that says that we need to strive to [b]become holy[/b] before we will be any use to God, when in reality it is the one who has [b]resigned[/b] himself to the fact that [b]holiness is [u]utterly impossible[/u] apart from God[/b].

We have our part, and He has His, and sadly we tend to try to take on His role, while neglecting ours. 1 John 1:9 clearly says that our role is "confession", while His is "cleansing", as well as "forgiveness". No one would dare suggest that we can forgive ourselves, so why would we claim ability to become righteous?

While I agree with what you are saying about modern preachers, please do not bundle someone like Redpath with them, just because they have borrowed his terminology. Word of Faith movement only proclaim half of what the old Deeper Life preachers did. The old guard emphasised a necessary "death" that proceeded "life", while the "new guard" would have us believe that we can have our "best life now".

I've probably opened a big can of worms here, but what can I say, you have touched on a subject that I feel incredibly strongly about.

2008/10/7 8:14Profile
changing4Him

Re: CJ

PLEASE read the Scripture I originally posted...PLEEEZE tell me how following the Word ( THE SCRIPTURE BELOW is SELF RIGHTEOUS ? ) You have made up a lot of your doctrine there to stay in your sin that you will NOT lose for Jesus. Sorry. It is not true what you post.

As for Redpath..I mearly quoted him and the singer.

There will be people who will FIGHT to stay in their sin IN THE FACE OF THE SCRIPTURES (as I have originally posted.) You will stay the same. Mercy.

2008/10/7 10:34Profile

Re:

Quote:
There will be people who will FIGHT to stay in their sin IN THE FACE OF THE SCRIPTURES (as I have originally posted.) You will stay the same. Mercy.

I dont know of anyone here who is "fighting to stay in their sin", as you put it.

I'm still trying to understand exactly where you're coming from, and I guess I will remain in the dark since you havent answered my inquiries.

I certainly hope you didnt join this forum to level condemnation on people here... that gets a bit annoying, and is happening more and more here.

Krispy

2008/10/7 10:43
Miccah

Wisconsin

changing4Him wrote:

Quote:
I'm thinking that REPENTENCE isn't "His feet", it's a DOING WORD, wouldn't you agree? The Bible is ALWAYS telling you to do stuff and don't do stuff ...it's NEW AND Old Testament...read it(a challenge).

[u][b]Luke 10:38-42 (NKJV)[/b][/u]

Now it happened as they went that He entered a certain village; and a certain woman named Martha welcomed Him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, who also sat at Jesus’ feet and heard His word. But Martha was distracted with much serving, and she approached Him and said, “Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Therefore tell her to help me.”
And Jesus answered and said to her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things. But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her.”

Looks like sitting at the feet of Jesus trumps doing work for Jesus.

A works based salvation is a false gospel. What more needs to be said. :-(

Quote:
No where does my KJV bible tell me to put my sins at his feet, but it says to REPENT of my sins and BE RESPONSIBLE for them, otherwise eternity will bite me in the rear unexpectedly!

I hope you are paraphrasing this. Because if this is what and how the KJV says it, I don't want to read it. But then you go on to say this next quote below...

Quote:
People make stuff up in modern chrisgenity all the time...they make stuff up that isn't in the Bible. Then they build houses on it...so very horrible...and others keep perpetuating it as the decades/centuries pass!

Respectfully, your paraphrase is not in the Bible either. In fact, scripture doesn't read that way at all.

Quote:
For instance here's a challenge: try to search your KJV Bible for the word "unconditional love" like as in "God's unconditional love". You cannot find it. God has stipulations.

Yes, He is called Jesus.

Quote:
Doing is a good thing, as God has indeed made us to "do" stuff. "Will do", I don't want my feet burning, as my "will" must be submitted to his...submit to Him, submitting to his Spirit, I cannot be ruler over myself anymore...submit to the WORD...behave in line with the WORD...submitted...my will under His.

It is a good thing, but...

[u][b]Galatians 2:16 (NKJV)[/b][/u]

knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.

2008/10/7 11:09Profile

Re:

Quote:

1 John 4:16 "And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God [b]is[/b] love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him."

Hebrews 13:5 ".....for he hath said, I will [b]never[/b] leave thee, nor forsake thee."

John 3:16 "For God [b]so loved the world[/b] that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life."

Romans 5:8 "But God commendeth his [b]love[/b] toward us, in that, [b]while we were yet sinners[/b], Christ died for us."

The word "Trinity" is not found in the Bible either, yet I think you believe in it. So it is with the phrase "unconditional love" as it pertains to God. While that phrase is not use, the idea of unconditional love of written thru-out scripture.

It's like a herion addict trying to say "the Bible doesnt address herion addiction... I can still shoot up and be a Christian". While true, the Bible does not specifically mention herion addiction... yet there is a plethura of principles in scripture that can easily lead one to determine that herion addiction is not permissable for a Christian.

If you want to play the semantics game... you're wasting your time.

Krispy

2008/10/7 11:39

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy