Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : 23 minutes in Hell

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
intrcssr83

Logan City, Queensland, Australia

Re:

19"There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21and longing to eat what fell from the rich man's table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.
22"The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.'

25"But Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.'

27"He answered, 'Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father's house, 28for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.'

29"Abraham replied, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.'

30" 'No, father Abraham,' he said, 'but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.'

31"He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' "
Luke 16:19-31

2008/9/16 21:53Profile
Mangan

Sweden (Northern Europe)

Re:

Ok Ive heard and seen it. http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Bill+Weise+&emb=0&aq=f#

Well, well, well, we have to take his testimony with a big portion of salt.. We have to stick to the truth concerning his account; i.e. that which corresponds with Scripture...

This subject matter in Scripture is however - satisfactory vauge or rather clearly unclear...

We should not try to add more to Scripture than the warnings that allready exists in it...

I do not think that Mr. Weiser is a fraud; on the contrary he probably dreamt it or had a tactile vision...

Sincerely Magnus

2008/9/17 15:39Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hello...

I've never read this book. I did purchase and read [i]A Divine Revelation of Hell[/i] by Mary Baxter. My opinion? I wasted my time and $13.95 on what I believe is someone's false testimony.

Is this book about someone who claims to have visited Hell for 23 minutes?

I am amazed at the amount of books from people who claim to have visited Heaven and Hell! Even more amazing that their wild claims is the fact that their stories bear little resemblance to one another! Jesse Duplantis' story of visiting "Heaven" is quite different from Richard Eby's account. Either most of them are incorrect...or they are all incorrect.

There is a great book out by one of my former undergraduate professors. It is entitled [i]Heaven Can't Wait[/i] by Dr. William Alnor. In his book, he details many of the claims and discrepancies from men like Benny Hinn, Paul and Jan Crouch, Jesse Duplantis and others who claim to have had supernatural visits to (or visions of) the afterlife. He states that most of these are a stark contrast to what Paul said was "not lawful for a man to utter" (II Corinthians 12:2-4). It is a very good read and it details (with citations) many of the wild claims while also contrasting them from other such claims...and, of course, with what the Scriptures say about such things.

Just something to think about...

:-(

2008/9/17 16:04Profile
Limey153

Berkshire, England

Re:

Thanks for the replies folks. As I said I watched this testimony online and there were a couple of things that stood out to me. One thing that did kinda concern me that I did not mention was a couple of the people that he endorses and it was interesting to see by the comments here that I am not the only one to be wary of this. Having said all this I certainly want to be very careful in what I say lest I should be the one in error and therefore have to answer for it but I shall definately view this testimony with some caution. Certainly one good thing out of all this is that it has whetted my appetite to study more of what the Bible says of Hell, may God forgive me for not treating this matter with the attention it deserves. May indeed we all be conscious of eternity!

2008/9/18 4:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy