Discussion Forum : General Topics : 23 minutes in Hell

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Limey153

Berkshire, England

23 minutes in Hell

Hi folks,

Today I listened to a testimony by Bill Weise called '23 minutes in Hell', it was certainly very stirring and convicting and was wondering if anybody here had come across this testimony before and what you made of it?
One question I have also that maybe someone here could shed some light on for me. Bill Weise describes in his testimony how he was tormented by four demons, I had always assumed that since Hell was created for the devil and his angels that the demons themselves were not the tormenters but rather the place of Hell itself torments both the men and demons. Does anybody here have any thoughts on this?

2008/9/16 13:38Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: 23 minutes in Hell

I have listened to it before, and i am very skeptic, not so much the demon part but since he gives some references to in my opinion false "teachers , prophets".

So id be very careful, hell is scary enough when Jesus speaks about it.

2008/9/16 14:06Profile
learn

Quote:

Limey153 wrote:
Hi folks,

Bill Weise describes in his testimony how he was tormented by four demons, I had always assumed that since Hell was created for the devil and his angels that the demons themselves were not the tormenters but rather the place of Hell itself torments both the men and demons. Does anybody here have any thoughts on this?

This is also what made me doubtful. Not sure whether it's real or not but I tend not to rely on it. Also, another thing that put doubt in my mind is the fact that this particular experience I feel is unnecessary. The bible and other existing methods I feel is sufficient enough. Really do not know whether its true and if he truly believes it, is it really from God but for my ownself I would not recommend it to anyone being to my mind pretty doubtful.

There have been many stories of after death or near death experiences (although in Bill Wiese's case, its not of this) and there is only 1 that I think most likely is true (cannot remember what's the person's name already but his story or at least the link was posted in sermonindex before. I however, cannot find it now). The others I just do not know and rather not put much thought about it. Usually there is at least 1 or more things that bother me (for example bring jewels for one if one so desire etc)

'Strange occurences' like this are not only limited to hell but also to other 'Christians' conversions'. Example visions of Jesus with ponytail etc when they were born again. So many strange things which I do not know what to believe. Even for the late Sundar Singh (who I and many Christians think is a real Christian, he kept seeing and conversing with the late Swedenborg in the spiritual world. If you google Swedenborg in wikipedia, you'll learn something about him. Many other strange occurences also such as Padre Pio (Catholic priest) with stigmatas, guardian angels, when died had not a single drop of blood in his body etc. Many others. St Francis with the stigmata (although I think in his case he is a real Christian based on the writings etc he wrote, his beliefs etc). In my belief there will be certain people that are real (although some of the things may be strange) while many will be false. Extremely difficult to distinguish.

Edit : of all the many stories/biographies that I read about conversions, after death, near death experience, supernatural things, I would say Padre Pio is the one that is the most disturbing because so many things seem wrong yet some of the things that he went through, I feel that maybe only God is able to do so and I really wonder if God would give the devil so much power.

2008/9/16 14:12Profile
Mangan

Sweden (Northern Europe)

do you have the link? I would sure like to hear the testimony

sincerely Magnus

2008/9/16 15:38Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Charisma House publishes his book. He has many good scripture references to hell in the book.

I feel its a case of eat the chicken and spit out the bones. Surely we need more of a conviction on the reality of a eternal hell that many are falling into every day forever!

2008/9/16 15:51Profile

Re:

I dont recommend "23 minutes in Hell" to anyone because as it's been pointed out, there are many things in it that are unscriptural. Plus it was also mentioned that he refers to false teachers in his "testimony". While it is a great story... I think thats all it is.

All of these visions of heaven and visions of hell and visions of the future and visions of angels... I'm thinking that active imaginations aimed at seperating you from your money is a more accurate assessment of whats going on. Most Christians are ignorant of the Word of God and completely gullible to any story, "prophecy" and "wives tale" so long as the story teller seems to be sincere.

Thats why there is so much deception in the church.

Krispy

2008/9/16 15:55

Re:

Quote:
I feel its a case of eat the chicken and spit out the bones. Surely we need more of a conviction on the reality of a eternal hell that many are falling into every day forever!

Hey Greg, how's it going brother?

It's funny you use that expression. Did you see the thread I started a week or so ago called "Eat The Meat And Spit Out The Bones"?

Krispy

2008/9/16 15:56
KathleenP

Maine

Dear Brethren,

Please be patient and hear me out concerning this particular post and the comments delivered in response.

I have had my hard lessons from the Lord about being swift to hear and slow to speak reguarding any matter, and sometimes I might appear even paranoid when it comes to speaking too quickly,(either verbal or written), but I have been so made aware that I will be held accountable for every idle word spoken. It is all recorded permanantly.

I know it is easy to view this man's testimony as bizarre or fabricated, but his experience is utterly backed up by an incredible amount of scripture and his soberness and countenance speak as well. His purpose in delivering this message is obviously not for personal recognition or gain but simply to stress the reality and horror of hell itself. I can relate to the fact that none of us want to believe that it is as bad as described, or that God would allow one of His saints to view it.

This gentleman's first statement said that he, as Paul, did not know if this happened in the body or out of the body. I watched excerpts from his church visitation again simply to see if I had missed any subtilty in his manner that would suggest a desire for personal gain or recognition. Hasn't the Lord given us discernment? The motive here is the educating the saints concerning a place that is real and horrible and warning the backsliders and lost that they must make a choice.

When I was younger, I was allowed to see demons on a number of occasions and believe me they are hideous and mocking. I literally saw them but did not share it for years because I feared the response and that others would not believe me. I thought I had done something wrong and couldn't understand why the Lord allowed this to happen. I also have a dear sister in the Lord who prior to salvation, died briefly on the operating table. She viewed a lake of fire and was sinking towards it. She also looked up and saw the glory of God but couldn't look at Him because of His holiness. Out of the lake of fire came arrows with flames. She said she kept crying out that she couldn't die because she needed to repent.This happened at the age of 14. When she was later born again she found the scripture concerning the fiery darts of the wicked. Ephesians 6:4

She rejoiced when I told her what I'd seen and that I believed her. I have also had the opportunity to minister to some that have dabbled in witchcraft because they need to know that someone can accept some of the unpleasant experiences they have had. There is a purpose, and we do truly need to come to a place where we do not justify the wicked and condemn the godly.

I know that every statement that I make will be reviewed at the judgment seat. What a sobering thought in itself.

There are people that have had legitimate experiences and for the most part they are humble average people who are not marketing themselves. I, on the other hand, am very leery of flashy, flamboyent speakers who have no burden for the lost and enjoy the attention they are receiving. You will know them by their fruit.

I have rejected one other testimony because this person has suggested that Jesus promised them a new house, recognition, a new red car etc. They push the rapture and all mention of Jesus' appearance are almost sensual in nature.

We must truly pray and seek the Lord as each situation is presented. There will be many lying signs and wonders but we must also remember that the people that do know their God will strong and do exploits. We know also that there will be two annointed ones that will do works in the name of the Lord. They will be holy as He is holy.

I realize that there have been and will be many that are making us nervous when anyone has a vision or dream, but God will faithfully reveal their authenticity or falseness.

And yes, I have seen some of these saints on the shows of many whom I absolutely do not support, and you can tell they are just another guest that will bring viewers. These people must hear the truth as well so we will all be without excuse.

Please forgive my longwinded comment. When we accuse someone of lying, it is a serious statement.

If we reject all supernatural events as satanic, then will we recognise the real move of God when it occurs. God forbid.

Sincerely, Kathleen

2008/9/16 19:04Profile
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

I have been aware of this message for about a year now. I think it is wise to take it with a grain of salt, and remember what Jesus said about the place.

Mat 25:30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

We don't need an outside source to teach us that hell is a place to be avoided, Jesus explained it pretty well. We should focus on Him, and not get caught up in someones experience.

Blessings Greg :-(

2008/9/16 21:03Profile
learn

Re:

As one who has seen supernatural/strange things, I'm always testing. Have researched from history long ago to the present both supernatural and normal(both Christians, those that really thought/think that they are and some may be, non Christians, those that left Christianity etc). While there are likely to be supernatural things from God and some from the devil (which God allows to occur for God and our own benefit), many are not from God. Some are pretty easy to reject while others are really very gray.

We do need to be aware that for some people (not few at all), these people may really believe they saw something from God etc but that does not necessarily mean that its from God. Thus, I would caution that looking at how sincere the person is, is far from a good gauge that its really from God. I would also say please be careful that just because we have Christian friends that have similar experiences, doesn't necessarily make it its from God as similar experiences have occurred for people who I feel may not really be Christians although they think they are or just because there are similarities between what we experience with scriptures. And vice versa. Please be careful and test and test. There are some very gray areas here which we most likely will not be able to discern. Not all the time we are able to discern although we would like to. Just a word of caution to those that are interested in these type of things because there are many out there that I feel have been misled and hate to see others that might be.

2008/9/16 21:31Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy