Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : The Lord of Hosts, my Shepherd

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Lor_E

Montana USA

The Lord of Hosts, my Shepherd

[i]The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.[/i]

The Lord of hosts, the ruler of heaven and earth and all that are in them is my guide. He shepeherds, guards me, tenderly watches over me, and supplies all my needs. How is it that I should want? If the King over the heavenly armies is such to me why would I not be thrilled with His care?

Loving the green pastures and still waters He leads me to! 'Come aside and rest awhile' the Savior bids, take this moment to lie on the warm, green grasses and feed among the lillies. Drink the pure water, fresh and clean.

It is here that my soul is restored!
where the Master leads..

[i]He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake[/i]

Oh stay on the path, dear soul, e'en my soul, in the care of the Great Shepherd. On those paths of life where every chastening, every circumstance is intended by the LORD to train you, to bring to you peaceable fruits of righteousness,
to even be a partaker of His holiness.... Selah...

Anonymous

To be continued...

2008/9/14 8:18Profile
Lor_E

Montana USA

Re: The Lord of Hosts, my Shepherd

[i]Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil;[/i]

Tis only a shadow, a change of the perception of light. Through a darker valley and then onward towards hills of light!

What evil should befall me if the LORD is my Shepherd? Should the enemy find some weakness in my life or the life of a loved one around me? Shall I be challenged by my reception of chastening? Is it not meant for those higher purposes? Should I fear when the roaring lion squares off in the path?

[i]For Thou art with me, Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me.[/i]

Tremble not at the shade of human enemies, for the LORD has gone on before, He has tread these same ways, and He has triumphed!

Our Redeemer has the keys of these the mortals enemies and they can not bind you, they no longer seek to keep you in a fearful grasp, if you but follow the Shepherd. If you but stay in His care, If you but follow His steps, If you only [b]rest[/b] in His accomplishment!

(O, old man, thou shall ne'er rise again.
Thou my flesh may needs be rent; But this path to travel only leads to glory!)

[i]Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies.[/i]

'Take, eat, drink,' For as often as ye do ye proclaim the Lord's death til He come.

yet a bit more....

2008/9/15 8:15Profile
Lor_E

Montana USA

Re:

[i]Thou annointest my head with oil;[/i]

Oh, family of kings, heritage of priests: stay at this table! Consume the Lamb! Hear the trumpets sound to gather all the peoples as the LORD pours that Holy oil on another of His priests. What glory fills the temple!

[i] My cup runneth over![/i]

Selah!

[i]Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life;
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD, forever.[/i]

"I go to prepare a place for you, and if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you unto Myself; that where I am, there ye may be also." Jn 14:2,3

Since we have the LORD, the LORD of Hosts to go before us, to fight these battles, to walk beside us, to be a guide which says, 'This is the way go ye in it'; should we not then be full of faith that this same LORD will do His part to see that we are ready for heaven? Will He not do His part to cleanse, purify, and keep?

Then we must do our part as well: walk in faith, repent quickly, humble ourselves yea even die to ourselves, be quick to hear and slow to speak and slower still to wrath.

Oh, friend, it is not always green pastures in this life, but it is always greener pastures just somewhere up the road in fellowship with the LORD. He has a flowing stream of quiet waters to be partaken of for the weary soul, for those that dwell in a thirsty land.

Lean on His care, fret not for the day, give every burden to the Shepherd, [u]follow after His voice[/u], fear not! Fear only God Himself and trust not thyself.

"It is My Father's good pleasure to give to you the kingdom"

2008/9/16 6:24Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy