SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : losing your salvation?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 )
PosterThread
blandina

Re:

Just a followup with all due respect. I know this question/debate has been going on forever and maybe none of us will truly know until we see Him face to face. But one thing I want to do, is take my Lord's Word seriously. Here are some quotes from the Holy Spirit:

According to God's Word it is possible to:

let the things which you have heard slip (Heb. 2:1)

go astray (Mt. 18:12,13)

err from the faith (1 Tim. 6:10,21)

err from the faith and overthrow the faith of others (2 Tim. 2:18)

lose your savour (saltiness) (Lk. 14:34,35)

be offended by Jesus (Mt. 11:6; Mk. 14:27,29)

fall away from grace (Gal. 5:4)

believe for awhile but in time of temptation fall away (Lk. 8:13)

be offended, betray one another and hate one another (Mt. 24:10)

have your faith shipwrecked (1 Tim. 1:19)

turn back and no longer follow Jesus (Jn. 6:66)

forsake the right way and go astray (2 Pet. 2:15)

stop abiding in Christ and as a branch, be withered and thrown away (Jn. 15:6)

be offended (Jn. 16:1)

turn aside after Satan (1 Tim. 5:15)

depart from the faith, having your conscience seared with a hot iron (1 Tim. 4:1-2)

turn your ears away from the truth and turn unto fables (2 Tim. 4:4)

acquire an evil heart of unbelief and depart from the living God (Heb. 3:12)

fall away to the point where you can’t be renewed to repentance (Heb. 6:6)

refuse Him that speaketh from heaven (Heb. 12:25)

become lukewarm and get spit out of the body of Christ (Rev. 3:15,16)

not remain faithful and be hurt by the second death (Rev. 2:10,11)

have God take away your part from the tree of life and in the holy city (Rev. 22:19)

be led away with the error of the wicked and fall from your steadfastness (2 Pet 3:17)

be carried away by all kinds of strange doctrines (Heb. 13:9)

Better to take heed to these words than man's.

2011/1/26 16:43Profile
knitefall

Re:

---deleted--- double post by accident.

2011/1/26 19:23Profile
knitefall

Re:

Quote:
Better to take heed to these words than man's.

absolutely correct. All these have the same context as far as I scanned. The point to all of these deals with the Object of our Faith.

No where do we see individual sins denying us the Savior. We do see that the ultimate sin, of unbelief, will get us no where fast. See Jude's writings on unbelief.

Once you have had an actual encounter with the Loving Savior and are given His Free Radical Grace, you won't turn from Him.

We are only deceived in thinking someone was truly Saved when they say they 'tried' Christianity and it did not work so they became muslim etc...

That is why it is more important to offer Awesome Grace rather than condemnation. People can live moral lives and still go to hell.

Religion is very moral but hell is filled with the moral people of the world. I don't know anyone who has Jesus living on the inside that is in hell though.

2011/1/26 19:24Profile
Faith1

Re: turn and live

Hello everyone, this is a long thread and I have not read all the posts. Please forgive me if I am repeating scriptures that have already been posted.

This is an excellent explanation from God on the subject of salvation and the losing or regaining of it.

Ezekiel 18:25-32 KJV
(25) Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal?
(26) When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.

(27) Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive.
(28) Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

(29) Yet saith the house of Israel, The way of the Lord is not equal. O house of Israel, are not my ways equal? are not your ways unequal?
(30) Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.
(31) Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
(32) For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

Turn to God, turn to Jesus, repent and be saved.

(John 5:14 KJV) Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

(John 8:11 KJV) She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Revelation 3:19-22 KJV
(19) As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
(20) Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
(21) To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
(22) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

(Jeremiah 31:34 KJV) And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

2011/1/26 21:51Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

"""According to God's Word it is possible to:

let the things which you have heard slip (Heb. 2:1)

go astray (Mt. 18:12,13)

err from the faith (1 Tim. 6:10,21)

err from the faith and overthrow the faith of others (2 Tim. 2:18)

lose your savour (saltiness) (Lk. 14:34,35)

be offended by Jesus (Mt. 11:6; Mk. 14:27,29)

fall away from grace (Gal. 5:4)

believe for awhile but in time of temptation fall away (Lk. 8:13)

be offended, betray one another and hate one another (Mt. 24:10)

have your faith shipwrecked (1 Tim. 1:19)

turn back and no longer follow Jesus (Jn. 6:66)

forsake the right way and go astray (2 Pet. 2:15)

stop abiding in Christ and as a branch, be withered and thrown away (Jn. 15:6)

be offended (Jn. 16:1)

turn aside after Satan (1 Tim. 5:15)

depart from the faith, having your conscience seared with a hot iron (1 Tim. 4:1-2)

turn your ears away from the truth and turn unto fables (2 Tim. 4:4)

acquire an evil heart of unbelief and depart from the living God (Heb. 3:12)

fall away to the point where you can’t be renewed to repentance (Heb. 6:6)

refuse Him that speaketh from heaven (Heb. 12:25)

become lukewarm and get spit out of the body of Christ (Rev. 3:15,16)

not remain faithful and be hurt by the second death (Rev. 2:10,11)

have God take away your part from the tree of life and in the holy city (Rev. 22:19)

be led away with the error of the wicked and fall from your steadfastness (2 Pet 3:17)

be carried away by all kinds of strange doctrines (Heb. 13:9)"""

All these above are in the Flesh.

Ro 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Ro 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Ro 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Ro 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Do we have the Spirit of Christ in us? The scripture says if we are saved we do. If we don't, all the above failings pertain and we are lost.

If Christ is in us and we walk according to His Spirit then we cannot fail and will not fail.

Colossians 1:27-29 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Galatians 2:16-20 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Philippians 1:6-11 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace. For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ. And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ; Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Our confidence is in Christ for all that we do, if we are His and His Spirit dwell in us, of whom we can only come to if the Father sends us. We can only know our Father by the Son of whom He is the One the reveals our Father to us. "Our Father", is this how we pray?

""we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to ((((His working, which worketh in me mightily."")))) ""we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be ((((justified by the faith of Christ,"")))) ((((""Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.))))

In Christ: Phillip

2011/1/26 22:28Profile
blandina

Re:

You're absolutely right.

If,, if, if, if

Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. 13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

If, if, if, if

Yes, if we walk in the flesh those verses apply to us.

2011/1/26 23:04Profile
kwamenat

Re: losing your salvation?

Here is the answer. Let me know what you think about it. It took me a long time to understand these verses but i want to know your thoughts on it first before i comment.

Hebrews 6:4-6 (NIV)

It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age and who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.

2011/2/2 14:33Profile
ArtB

New York

Re: When were we saved?

The answer is that we whom Jesus died for can not lose our salvation.

It is important to know that during Jesus ministry on Earth and until His death, Jesus only went to preach the Jews and never to the gentiles, and He only taught the Mosaic Covenant with its' 613 Laws. He never taught the New Covenant prior to His death on the cross. He was Israel's Chief Rabbi, and had Jesus taught the New Covenant, He Himself would have been a violator of the Mosaic Covenant, thus disqualifying Himself as being the Perfect unblemished Lamb whose blood washes away (i.e. atones for) all of our sins for all time of we whom God predestined to be saved from before He laid the foundations of the Cosmos.

When Jesus died on the cross, God Annihilated the Mosaic Covenant and instituted the New Covenant through His only begotten Son, Jesus our Messiah. The Thick Veil in the Temple was torn apart. This Veil separated us from God's presence. Now God is in us Christians via the indwelling Holy Spirit, continually transforming our very nature that we may eventually do the good that God created us to do, naturally.

Jesus kept every jot and tittle of the Mosaic Law throughout His life, and in His death He took on Himself the stripes we deserved for our sins, Jesus paid off our debts. All was fulfilled and God Annihilated the Mosaic Covenant. A Covenant that could not save any of us, but only condemned us.

Ephesians 1-14).

1-3. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He PREDESTINED us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved.

4. HE CHOSE US IN HIM BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE COSMOS, that we would be holy and blameless before Him.

God knew us, chose us, before the foundation of the world [GR. cosmos], and that we would be Holy and Blameless before Him

5. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will,

We were predestined to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to His kind will.

6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved.

7. In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace

8 which He lavished on us. In all wisdom and insight

It's a gift to us, well planned out before time.

9 He made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His kind intention which He purposed in Him

10 with a view to an administration suitable to the fullness of the times, that is, the summing up of all things in Christ, things in the heavens and things on the earth.

According to God's timing and plan etc.

11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will,

We Have Obtained an inheritance, as GOD predestined according to God's will, work, and purpose

12 to the end that we who were the first to hope in Christ would be to the praise of His glory.

The early Christians receiving the fulfillment of the above plans of God first.

13 In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation — having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise

We listened to the message of truth (gospel), and we believed Jesus's message, we were sealed in Jesus with the Holy Spirit(the indwelling Paraclete, God in me).

14 who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of His glory.

The Holy Spirit in us is Jesus pledge (Security down payment) of our inheritance until (the time of) the full ransom of Jesus acquisition of us unto the praise of His glory.

To read a full debated discussion on this topic on Catholic Online and titled 'Absolute Salvation.:

http://forum.catholic.org/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=41981

2011/2/8 15:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy