SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : losing your salvation?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
PosterThread
creed19

losing your salvation?

I believe that you cannot lose your salvation.Interested in hearing feedback.

2008/9/9 17:29Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: losing your salvation?

Well, a belated welcome to the website, brother or sister. Can't tell with a name like that.

As for your question, may I ask, why you believe that salvation cannot be lost. Thanks.

2008/9/12 12:44Profile

Re:

Man, I truly hope salvation can't be lost. Somedays I feel like I've lost it a thousand times over.

Krispy

2008/9/12 13:44
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

I don't believe you can "lose" it, but I do think that you can choose to leave it.

2008/9/12 14:50Profile
BlazedbyGod

Maybe salvation can't be lost-but Holy Scripture is perfectly clear:

Matt 10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

2 Tim 2:12 If we suffer, [b]we[/b] shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us

Heb 10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. 39But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

If we deny him, he also will deny us before the Father-whether you call that "loosing salvation" or "leaving salvation" the outcome is pretty clear that at that state Christ will deny that person before the Father. Also if any man draws back from faith, God's soul shall have NO pleasure in that man, which to me, is also quite clear that this individual would not receive his before expected end of salvation, but rather perdition as verse 39 speaks of.

2008/9/12 15:54Profile
bible1985

Re:

If you want to go according to the Bible you cannot lose your salvation. Everyone is reading everything out of context who believe you can lose it, they think it all depends on you to either stay or leave. Let me tell you something, if it depended on us we would leave. But the holy spirit is what keeps us going and growing and convicting. It is not on what we do but what God is doing. If you decide to leave christ after becoming saved, i gues the only thing we could say is that they were never saved. See when you come to christ, Jesus made it clear that we must be fully surrendered in our heart to him, not lukewarm or partially, but fully devoted in their repentance and their wanting to serve christ. Now when the holy spirit comes after that, you our sealed by the holy spirit unto the day of redemption. It says do not grieve the holy spirit during that time. You have become a new creation and God will finish the good work he started in you, not you started in you. Being saved has nothing to do with our getting ourselves to the end because it is the holy spirit that helps us perservere to the end. Read about the seed that fell onto the thorns, the rocks, and the bad soil, then read about the one that fell onto good soil. That is an example of someone truly repenting and coming to saving faith and what does the parable say, he produces like a hundred fold and more. You look at what the disciple John says in first John when he is talking of people who were with them who left. His explanation is that they were never one of us from the beginning, they were decievers or lukewarm.

18We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

2008/9/17 12:43Profile

Re:

Quote:
If you want to go according to the Bible you cannot lose your salvation.

I think that pretty much sums it up.

Krispy

2008/9/17 13:01
psalm1

I wonder if there are any ex-Christians at the great white throne judgement?

David

2008/9/17 13:11Profile

Re:

None... but there will be a lot of surprised people there who thought they were Christians.

Krispy

2008/9/17 13:39
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Just to clarify...

What do you think are the circumstances of a person who truly believed in Christ...repented of his sins in tears...completely changed in word, actions and deeds...worked in ministry (evangelism)...prayed and studied the Word of God with daily passion and zeal for over 20 years...told others about his faith...but slowly yet surely fell into temptation via gross, unrepentent sin? This person actually died in his sins (drunk driving with a prostitute in his car).

What is the end of such a person?

Do you think that this person that this person was "never truly saved?" Do you think that this person "lost" his salvation? Do you think that this person is actually "saved?"

A better question is whether or not it is possible for a person who has truly repented -- and truly known and walked with God -- to ever fall back into willful sin. Will such a person be held accountable in Eternity for ultimately deciding to give in to temptation?

:-(

2008/9/17 15:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy