SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Supernatural weeping--any of you experience this?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
learn

Re:

Thanks to everyone that replied. If anyone has other experiences, feel free to share.

Miccah, yes I know what you mean for I too experience pretty similar things like that. 1 was that of a woman (not exactly sure what her illness was but I know that her speech was impaired) where she seeked healing from the false teaching of Todd Bentley. There were other people seeking healing, and I remembered a boy that had difficulty walking and so much faith which by all accounts should elicit more sadness than the woman, but it was the woman that I burst into tears and asked Jesus to help her.

There are different types of weeping, some may be one's emotions, some may be a mixture of one's emotions and God giving the tears to you while others are certainly not from yourself and you know this for sure.

MisterCheez,
thanks again. Yes, the shaking of the voice, ok I've had it.

Compton and others,
Some of you have asked why does it matter whether it was one's flesh or whether its from God etc.

The reason is because 'test the spirits' as the bible tells us to. Also compare whatever happens with what the bible says. The devil can do miraculous/supernatural things too that are uncannily similar to God and in the past I've researched Catholic mystics, people who have left Christ but were so devoted etc and others. Why? Because of what I've experienced over time and what I've seen in others. Also, I'm not somebody who accepts things blindly or easily or emotionally or intellectually only. Quite a few may have been misled by the devil (and some of them have really the 'fruits of the spirit' in abundance, some I've no idea and some may be truly just their emotions (but the similarities between what true Christians encounter and what they encounter are very similar--and I'm not exactly doing on the surface research). There's a lot of counterfeit going on so that its not easy to differentiate the genuine from the counterfeit.(I'm not talking about the obvious counterfeits like Benny Hinn, Todd Bentley etc. BTW, many always ask is there really true healing in these false stuff, my view is that I wouldn't be surprised if the devil can cause it). Most will say, look at the fruits of the spirits, but the sad truth is these can also be countefeited based on the studies that I've done. Please note : I DO NOT encourage people to research them like I do because the chance to be misled and to be disillusioned is a real possibility.

Thus, yes on the surface, one of the first things that pop into people's mind is as if one is looking for 'gifts from God' etc but no, this is not my intention. My intention goes far deeper than that. I am not one to write just because I'm looking for gifts. Usually this is seldom my case and there are usually bigger and more important reasons for it.

Sorry to make it sound grim. But I guess, I just wanted to halt any more posts from those that think one is looking for gifts etc. Also, thanks in advance for any potential warnings and cautions, don't worry, I'm very careful and I'm not exactly a newbie in what the devil and God can do. When one has experienced it, one do not take things lightly etc. Test the spirits.

2008/9/9 2:53Profile
learn

Re:

Quote:

Miccah wrote:
Miccah wrote:

Quote:
There are times when something triggers weeping, and there are times with nothing triggers weeping.

I should clarify a little here. This sentence should have read.... "There are times when emotion triggers weeping, and there are times when no emotion triggers weeping".

Yes, I know. Thanks for sharing. I've experienced it.

2008/9/9 3:43Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
Yes brother. May He be glorified...

He is, in you Miccah. I am blessed and strengthened simply by hearing your heart this morning.

:-)

MC

2008/9/9 9:01Profile
learn

Re:

Heartsong's quote "Sometimes the tears just start to fall, and I feel His pain - it is such a great sorrow, the depths of which is hard to express. These tears I can not stop."

When I started this thread, I did not have this--Jesus's pain. (maybe some pain but not like what I have now).But I have had this for quite some time now. Quite a few times, I have come back to try to find this thread to see what others are experiencing as the tears become more often and pained.

2010/6/22 17:32Profile
terrybob

Yorkshire, England

Re: Tears

Thank you for this thread it applies in my experience as well. Just to put you in the picture as to background, I trained and worked as a career police officer on the street in London and dock areas the roughest side of life etc. As a Christian from my youth I was taught that praying in tounges was "not for today" and I believed that. I never wept at all from childhood up, stiff upper lip was the culture and "boys dont cry" the message at home and school, so no tears, no emotion, just got on with job of life as honestly and openly as I could. I left the police and changed carees with a young family, working for a City administration formed a Christain prayer group meeting in a shop basement in the City centre - there were just two of us and we met once a week for just half an hour - as we prayed it seemed to us that we should not advertise our meeting but ask the Lord to bring whosoever he would and one by one they came and we looked at the Word discussed and prayed in Scripture for each other - then it happened. The Holy Spirit moved and for a period of about two weeks I wept at the mention of the Lord Jesus, I wept at odd moments when reading the Word and when praying, I wept on the bus, in the office at home on and off, I just did not know what was happening at all and spoke to a youth evangelist, a young man of God who I knew and trusted in the Lord - he did not know either and came to the conclusion that God was doing a deep work in my heart that needed doing. I had a deep sense of sorrow about my past unconfessed sins and one by one they went and peace, deep, deep peace came.

I started praying in tounges, had words of prophesy - that came true and experienced a love of people that cannot be explained by emotion. Wonderful things started to happen in the lives around and God moved - revival started in me and my family, I had learned to bend the neck and bend the knee to the Lord Jesus.

All of this as preparation for hard and difficult things that lay ahead for me and mine - Thank God, wihout His sustaining love and presence we would have fallen apart.

Tears from God - yes and I am still weeping when I speak and think of Him who loves me and the price He paid on Calvary.

I am writing this while on holiday using a time restricted computer at the public library - my time is nearly up, but as I write, and this was after two days of prayer on if I should or not, the tears are just running down my cheeks, I do not know what others sitting around me think and I do not care - they are not my tears but His.

May the Lord Jesus comfort, prepare and bless you all.

Yours in Him

Terry

2010/6/25 6:19Profile
Theophila

Re:

Wow! Blessed be the name of the Lord.
I'm not someone given to tears but after fellowshiping with some dear friends and reading this thread, I have begun to wonder if i haven't been slowly calcifying!

As I read these posts, my heart yearns for this...to weep for the lost, to feel what my Savior feels for them and for us, His body. I love to intercede but I sense there are other realms and depths to intercession, such as I'm seeing here.

May the Lord break down every hard place in my heart that I may know Him in the power of His resurrection and in the fellowship of His sufferings. Amen

2010/6/25 10:53Profile
terrybob

Yorkshire, England

Re: Weeping

learn wrote:

"Quite a few times, I have come back to try to find this thread to see what others are experiencing as the tears become more often and pained"

You are not alone a few days ago I was watching a tv documentery on the terrible shootings that took place earlier this month in Cumbria. One of the quetest and most peaceful places in the Country a local man went around shooting people he was related to and anyone who he met on the way.

As I watched the tears just came with a deep sense of sorrow and pain, deep within.

What a privilage to share in the sorrow of the heart of God, just a touch gives us a picture of how He sees sin, in me and the world. What a price Jesus paid, what tears he sheds, we are part of the body and share in His suffering, just a little.

God bless and keep you in Him

Terry

2010/6/28 5:21Profile
JoanM

Re: Tears

Thank you terrybob.

On 09/08/2008, back when this thread was first introduced, Rauch 34 wrote: "Have you noticed this months sermon, at the top of the page. Excellent short sermon." At the time I noted it had to do with weeping. Rauch34 did not give the title of the message. This time the message is "The Breaking Heart of God" from Clayton Dougan. (just for the record)

Sin breaks more than the Law of God, it breaks His heart. (reading Hosea)

Tears are the water-mark of Truth when Truth out-strips the mind. (a thought this morning)

From PaulWest's 2008 post:
You, whom He ordained to be
Transcripts of the Trinity,
You, whom He in life doth hold,
You for whom Himself was sold,
You, on whom He still doth wait,
Whom He would again create;
Made by Him, and purchased, why,
Why will you forever die?

- Charles Wesley (1707-1788)

2010/6/28 11:15Profile
learn

Re:

Thank you for your beautiful posts terrybob. It is much appreciated.

2010/6/28 11:28Profile
HeartSong

Re:

There is a news video that shows an oil covered brown pelican in a sea of oil. It is completely covered in the muck and is only able to turn his head from side to side as his eyes slowly blink and his beak drags across the surface of the sludgy oil covered water.

This image has touched my soul in a way that is hard to describe and has had me crying more than once in the last few days. Yes, partly out of pity for the poor innocent bird who lies dying for reasons that he knows not, but more so because the Lord has shown me that this was me as I once lay dying in my sins - before He rescued me. But the greater anguish is that this is the state of many of my brothers and sisters who still lay dying in their sins. They are covered with muck and they know not what the problem is as the things of this world slowly suck the life out of them.

Oh God wake up your church that your precious children might be saved. And cleanse me O Lord that I might be sent forth to rescue those that Thou lovest - those that know not why they can no longer fly.

2010/6/28 12:40Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy