SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Kenneth E. Hagin

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Kenneth E. Hagin

Hi Alf,
I would like to ask you why you went the Rhema? What is it really that appeals to you there? Be brutally honest to yourself. Put the dream aside. I cannot quite see that Ravenhill and Hagin have much in common anyway.

The WoF teaching appeals to those to whom the things that they supposedly are entitled to are important. I subscribed to their theology a couple of years ago because deep down in my heart I wanted to gain material and earthly blessings. To the degree I desired these blessings the truth was obscured to me and I erred in the faith. Now these things appeal little to me.

I must admit not all of Hagins teachings are twisted. The enemy never only used pure error, but usually uses much truth mixed with a little error to poison us. If I wanted to poison someone, you do not give someone pure poison but blend it into tasty food or drink in order not to be detected.

Here is a good resource
http://www.letusreason.org/Wf8.htm

narrowpath

2008/9/5 20:12Profile
Alf

Miami, FL

Re:

Brothers i truly appreciate all your advise and words of wisdom, as for Rhema the Lord will answer when the time is right i will pray like never before for this one so ill leave it in his hands.

As for Word of Faith, i see right through them i want no assosiation with them when and if i finish Rhema, they have fallen into the trap of properity and one thing i have is faith in Christ, he knows my being and knows money is made to help the gospel not my net worth.

But as always brothers i have come to the same conclusion that i did 2 years ago... pray and he shall answer.

Much love and blessings from a fellow saint and in prayers i will have your wife's situation paul. Keep me in your prayers i am true need of them :) God bless!

2008/9/5 21:01Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Much love and blessings from a fellow saint and in prayers i will have your wife's situation paul. Keep me in your prayers i am true need of them :

May God bless you and keep you, dear brother. Thank you. We covet the prayers of the saints.

Yours in Christ Jesus,

Brother Paul

2008/9/5 21:39Profile

Re:

Quote:

PaulWest wrote:
Quote:
Much love and blessings from a fellow saint and in prayers i will have your wife's situation paul. Keep me in your prayers i am true need of them :

May God bless you and keep you, dear brother. Thank you. We covet the prayers of the saints.

Yours in Christ Jesus,

Brother Paul

I'm praying also. I had the same thing when I was pregnant with all five kids so I know what she's going through. My oldest is 16 and my youngest is nine now. I just got back from their high school football game. Time flies and life is so short.

2008/9/5 21:56
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
I'm praying also. I had the same thing when I was pregnant with all five kids so I know what she's going through.

Thank you, dear sister. I don't want to divert the topic of this thread, so let me just say that we do thank you for your prayers, and I thank everyone here and bless God for the burden to pray.

Brother Paul

2008/9/5 22:50Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Out of all of the Word of faith teachers, Kenneth Hagin was probably the most balanced. I do not agree with all of his teachings, but I benefited from his ministry. Toward the end of his life, he denounced many of the excesses that were taught by many of the "faith teachers". Kenneth Hagin had some excellent teachings on the blood of Jesus, and the name of Jesus.

Mike

2008/9/5 23:43Profile

Hagin may have been the most influential father of the modern word of Faith movement. He adapted the idea that our Words control God, and by the speaking of them, we control our destiny. This is a fundamental doctrine in the "Word of Faith".

"In the tongue their is the power of life and death.", was the mantra, but Hagin espoused these principles without a cross. A crossless Gospel, that in the end, was all about the Bride, rather than the Bridegroom.[Jesus.]

Out of these, naturally came the "Prosperity Gospels", of Happiness and wealth as the end all, for after all, we are the head, and not the tail!".... The Bible is the Word of God, so All you need to do is to speak it!... and the life in it can work for you!...and God forgive if you ever have a negative faith confession! You are destroying yourself with your tongue!

Of course, there is an element of truth in this, as there always is heresy, but fundamentally, The Lordship of Jesus was transferred from our responsibility and worship unto Him, to our responsibility to our own word faith , which could change the very fiber of the Universe itself, unto our favor, or displeasure.

This is a Babylonian idea, and unChristian in nature, and is akin to a form of witchcraft, similar to guided imagery. Hagin was influenced by A. w. Kenyon, some what of a philosophical mystic.

There was a day when multitudes, and I mean millions of Christians guarded their lips, to beware lest a slip of the tongue would set them back! Sick people would respond when asked of their well being in a simple, "How are you?"..."I'm healthy, I'm prosperous and happy in Jesus!"

You couldn't get a strait answer from anybody. Everyone was on the positive confession train. No one would dare confess weakness, or struggles.....many, many people on their death beds died, with a positive faith confession through to the end.[..rather than worshipping or real praying on their way out...] Christians then began to meld into the prophetic realm, to DECLARE these positive faith confessions over others.

The "Prophetic" pathetic got a hold of this, and again, MILLIONS were held spellbound by the wacky heresies. It was all about your confession and prayers, and the world was your apple, just a syllable away.

In '99 I went to Jerusalem, and beheld a Messianic group do "THE DEVIL HOP" , on the devils head, as they chanted rebukes to him. All they had to do was SAY it. This is how many dealt with problems and warfare; all stemming from Hagin's positive word of Faith ideas.

This we see today, in the mania swirling around Todd Bentley, as so called Apostles and Prophets, declared a "FAITH CONFESSION " prophesy over him. All bogus, all self serving, but I submit to you, that the roots go all the way back to Hagin. You just declare it, and it is, because it's the Word of God and Faith! Bentley himself was obsessed with these radical ideas about himself, and declared all kind of things "in the spirit realm..", as did the Apostles and prophets around him. All lies, but stemming from the roots of word of Faith, fathered by Hagin.

He was a founding father of the doctrinal stances TBN adapted, and was affectionately called, "PAPA HAGIN" in honor of him. This crew has massacred millions in their power and wealth lusts.

He founded a bible college, called "RHEMA", that taught the young to follow in these doctrines. Good job, Kenneth.

You asked my thoughts. I think that I would not want to be in His shoes on judgement day. God knows.

Quote:

Alf wrote:
i was wondering, i saw and read some stuff on him and his ministry and i was impressed by the videos of him basically laying out whole auditoriums so i was wondering what you guys thought of him and his ministry.

-Alf

2008/9/6 12:08
psalm1

Re:

Tom said;

"In '99 I went to Jerusalem, and beheld a Messianic group do "THE DEVIL HOP" , on the devils head, as they chanted rebukes to him. All they had to do was SAY it. This is how many dealt with problems and warfare; all stemming from Hagin's positive word of Faith ideas."

I was going to say "better be carefull in your shotgun indictments that you offer no proof or text quotes from a man that loved Jesus with all his heart"

You definately never knew much about Hagen.

But I think Wigglesworth's warning fits better than anything I would have to say about blatant trashing of anothers salvation.

""To another discerning of spirits" (1 Cor. 12:10). There is a vast difference between natural discernment and spiritual. When it comes to natural discernment you will find many people loaded with it, and they can see so many faults in others. To such the words of Christ in the sixth chapter of Luke surely apply, "Why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye?" If you want to manifest natural discernment, focus the same on yourself for at least twelve months and you will see so many faults in yourself that you will never want to fuss about the faults of another. In the sixth of Isaiah we read of the prophet being in the presence of God and he found that even his lips were unclean and everything was unclean. But praise God, there is the same live coal for us today, the baptism of fire, the perfecting of the heart, the purifying of the mind, the regeneration of the spirit. How important it is that the fire of God shall touch our tongues"

David

2008/9/6 13:00Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Quote:

Alf wrote:
i was wondering, i saw and read some stuff on him and his ministry and i was impressed by the videos of him basically laying out whole auditoriums so i was wondering what you guys thought of him and his ministry.

-Alf

Well no matter what preachers do, we should look to scripture and see what Jesus did. Then you will not go wrong.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLs6oVZCcPg&eurl=http://video.aol.com/video-detail/being-protected-from-deception-by-zac-poonen-clip-2/4197896830?icid=acvsv1]What did Jesus preach?[/url]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89HGjhl0Kvg&feature=related]what church to go too? (or fellowship or school)[/url]

2008/9/6 13:28Profile

Re:

I never met Hagin, nor did I meet Bentley or Benny Hinn. I was asked to give my thoughts on him, and I did. I think he was deceived, and somewhat of a wolf. Bad and unscriptural doctrine swirled around the man. That is indisputable. I have seen him preach many times, and read his books, beginning in the early 70s. I have been in the ministry with graduates of Rhema who were my friends.

I don't claim to have supernatural gifts to you; but I am called to judge a man's fruit and doctrine. IN MY THOUGHTS, and OPINION, He has erred grievously in both departments.[ as I pointed out in previous post, and the whys of the error. ] I will declare this to all I meet, if I think it will be helpful. Perhaps , or evidently you support Hagin somewhat. That is your right. I think he was in lots of error, as I spoke.

I also stated , very clearly, the fundamental doctrine, and defined the fruit of it, as I see it. It's awful, and drives one away from dependence on Christ, and His cross. This is evil.

2008/9/6 13:44

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy