SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Sarah Palin speaking in church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Two bit's

Just a reminder ...

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=14144&forum=13&post_id=&refresh=Go]MUST READ: SermonIndex Forum Disclaimer / Community Rules[/url]

As it applies to political matters. This does seem to fall into the latter part of the mentions above (under the section on politics) and has been cordial so ...

I love Voddie Baucham but must admit that he lost me about mid way through, a portion of a comment;

..[i]shows how politicized Christians have become[/i]

I do not know how this is any different, in effect doing much of the same thing. Two things came to mind reading through the postings. One was this old piece that a few are familiar with;

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=8295&forum=35&post_id=&refresh=Go]OTHERS MAY, YOU CANNOT[/url]

Which I think might be found is not so much an argument for anyone who is under discussion here as if it was a turning the tables upon them or subtly accusing them (whoever they might be) but to take it further into our own self and perspective. That is, they are what they are by profession if we can accept that and dare I say leave it at that? That is, that which may be in God's providence a role, a place in time and history for just [i]a time as this[/i]. I do not mean 'prophetically' at all at least that is not my intention and it does not dissuade the possibility either ... Maybe what I am trying to say in a long round about way is, is this truly our business? I do not know that each of us has such a high level critique of our day to day living in whatever employ we happen to be in.

Public figures are going to have their scrutiny, that is understood but I do find it a bit odd that politicians that express their faith in whatever way that they do (or choose not to) are critiqued as if they are preachers\theologians\teachers ...

Now, that should say a lot for someone not very inclined to the rancor of politics in the first place. I 'get it' for the most part and for the most part want next to no part of it at all. We have a hard enough time getting the most serious amongst ourselves to the level of honesty that is required of us ... what would we be expecting of those attending to matters of this present world, whatever their level of faith? That sounds like a tricky statement as it ought to be expected regardless of who we are in whatever profession we are involved in. I guess I just do not grasp the idea that really leads up to the second comment.

[i]For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.[/i] 2Co 10:12

A couple of weeks ago none of the particulars of this lady's particulars were of anybodies concern. Because she is now in a more prominent notice it is fair game for [i]us[/i] - I do mean whoever we are as Christians to dissect her life in such a fashion? The world does this as a matter of course, again she is not a preacher or a theologian, someone expressing her thoughts and dealings with the rest of us, who cares how long it takes for her to commute to work? It seems beyond silly and misses the greater point of why do we feel it necessary to in effect make a role model of everyone that is thrust before the public gaze? The world again is keen on this but where are we to take the same approach for every believer that professes faith in the Lord?

It goes further than this though. I would say that if we are to fault anyone here it would be our selves for not teaching what it means to think deeply as Christians, to know when to hold our peace (more often than we do not, a great case in point with this writer), to not be [i]comparing ourselves with ourselves[/i] and to not be seemingly contradicting ourselves by criticizing the more common amongst ourselves (as believers) on the one hand while simultaneously making role models out of them on the other.

If the response is that many young Christian woman are or will be looking to her as a role model ... See the connection?

If we had a better grasp on just the most basic aspects of our great faith it seems none of this would be even under scrutiny.

The more pressing question seems to be, why can we not just leave well enough alone? Let the lady be who she is and if the matter must be politics then discuss the politics of it -(Not necessarily [i]here![/i]). If it were a matter of scripture spoken erroneously and publicly then that would be proper to address. Let her trust the Lord and let us trust her into His care, if we care that much about her, the rest seems to be just ... politicizing.

Or maybe it is just gossip?

2008/9/5 23:46Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

moreofHim wrote:

Quote:
Where are the Christian men who will take a stand for Christian families

Yes sister, we have become few and far between. Thank you for being a godly mother. May the Lord find favor in you.

2008/9/6 0:00Profile
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

Re:

Hello all,
from a non partizan standpoint, I must say that my jaw hit the floor when I saw that she had been picked. From a strictly Alaskan historical viewpoint its thrilling. Anyway, on todays WOTM Todd Friel clarifies the points made in a previous show about Palin. He makes the caveat that he is discussing a theological issue, NOT a political one.
Joe

2008/9/6 0:23Profile
JoanM

Re:

[u]moreofHim wrote[/u]: [i]I mean, you have Christian moms who have given up their dreams and put their life on hold because we have been told ... It can really make a lot of young moms lose heart and just give in. "Well, if Palin can do it and get 'ok'd' by other Christians, why not go out and live my dream? Why stay home and be miserable if I can have children AND have a fulfilling job?”... My heart will grieve all the more if many moms decide that they too want to ... [/i]

My heart also grieves. I think there are real questions here, the Word of God to be examined, and hearts to be searched. I wonder if we are up to this, if God might enable us.

Given up dreams and put their life on hold … being told ... get ‘ok’d by other Christians ... decide they too want to ...

What happened to a personal relationship, meeting God in His Word, the end of our flesh lives, the approval of God, His will and not our wants? I think there are many women who stay at home and raise their children because they sought God on this question and heard from Him and that settled it. It is important to be sure about a call and answer to prayer. Whatever the issue, that certainty is a rock to stand on when things get difficult (and they do).

I am disappointed in the lack of depth in what the Christian media has given so far but it is early. I am also disappointed in the mixed message of saying it is important for married women to stay home and care for their children but divorced/widowed/single mothers “get a pass” as the saying goes.

Crsschk, our neighbors are looking at us if we have expressed our faith. It’s odd how that goes. How neighbors are acquired. This could be an opportunity to examine ourselves, if we are careful. I will be thinking/searching this through.

This woman needs our prayers for His Name sake.

2008/9/6 0:54Profile
JoanM

Re:

[u]Jlosinski[/u]: Could you give a link to that second broadcast? Do you know her testimony or her maturity in Christ? her husband’s view? Did she speak openly about Christ when running as Craswell did?

2008/9/6 1:10Profile
HeartSong

Re:

There are many things that we think we would like to know - but only He knows the truth that lies within. That is why we must pray. We must pray for the truth to be brought to the surface. We must pray that the powers of darkness be brought to no effect. We must pray for guidance into all things. How vain we all have become - thinking that our thoughts are greater than His - as if our earthly vessels could have some effect on the outcome that He has ordained. It is the work of the Spirit that will bring about the light that is needed in these last days - for He, and He alone, knows the thoughts of the Father.

Dear Lord, how awesome art Thy ways. We praise Thee and adore Thee for all that Thou hast done. The mercy that Thou hast shined upon us is more than we deserve. We have been a rebellious people intent upon our own ways. Precious Lord, continue to have mercy upon us as we proceed into the days that Thou hast set before us. Guide us into all things for we are blind and know not what Thou hast prepared for us. Forgive us for continually sinning against Thee. It is against Thee, and Thee alone that we have sinned. Thank you for Your Son who shed His blood that we might live.

2008/9/6 1:41Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings

I wanted to come back on and say that for my part in posting to this thread I am sorry. I knew ahead of time that I should not post and in doing so I have sinned. I have repented for getting involved with this topic. I do not believe that I am to be debating political worldly things. For me, I do not see that it advances His kingdom. I realize that while it was the christian response to Mrs. Palin that I was thinking about when I wrote, because of who she is, it is still a political topic and one that I should have no part of....

God Bless and I wish you all very good weekend
MJ

2008/9/6 1:59Profile
paula4jc

Re:

I have listened to way of the master show and it has truly bless my spirit. Thanks for posting the link, repentcanada.

2008/9/6 9:02Profile

Re: Sarah Palin speaking in church

Just a thought...

We do not need a Christian in or near the White House. We just need someone who will uphold and defend the Constitution (in the intent that it was written). If that is who she is then great.

And I wish these churches would keep politics and politicians out and start preaching the Gospel again.

2008/9/6 9:11

Re:

HI Guys....many good points made in this thread. My heart is with stay at home moms who have resisted the social pressure from the world at large and feminists in particular. To every stay at home mom who reads this, God bless you. You know a little of the heart of Jesus, the heart of sacrifice. God bless you for your sacrifice. You will reap what you sow sisters. There is nothing more important than serving God and our families,in that order.

I have a little insight into two of the problems mentioned in this thread. I got a girl pregnant when we were 16 and got married at 17(been married for 27 years) My youngest son(we lost our first) has Down Syndrome. Both my wife and myself had troubled childhoods and basicly raised ourselves, our parents, for various reasons were "not around." Now, we still knew what we were doing was wrong, and this is something that had to be repented of, but a stable background would not have hurt. As for our Down Syndrome child, it was a lot o work, but so rewarding and life changing. We had to put careers on hold and make decisions that we would not have otherwise, but he was of paramount importance and is a wonderful young man of 15.

So, to all you parents who have put your children first, God bless you. The effects of this will last generations if the Lord tarries.....Frank

2008/9/6 11:39

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy