SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Sarah Palin speaking in church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

I greatly respect Voddie Baucham, and he raises some very legitimate and thought provoking points.

My point is this... these are questions that she needs to go to the Lord with. Her life choices are between her and the Lord. There are a lot of Christians voicing the same concerns and telling us all what she must do as a Christian woman... but I dont know that I think thats our place.

This is [b]not[/b] a church issue. I've already gotten messages from people calling me a hypocrite because I am against women pastors, but give Palin "a pass" for running for VP. No no, my friends... this is not the same thing.

Either way, what I find interesting about this article by Voddie is that what he says sounds terrifyingly close to what the Democrats and some of these moron talking heads on the liberal media are saying about her. I dont know what to make of that.

By the way... I refer everyone to the OT and Deborah. People in favor of women pastors love to bring up Deborah... but Deborah was not a leader of the temple, she was a civic leader. Deborah's story does apply to this situation with Palin.

Krispy

2008/9/5 10:29
MaryJane

Re:

Thank you MoreofHim for sharing this article from Voddie Baucham. I agree with this completely. What he has said here is so true, sad, but true.

I just keep thinking that we really only have one Savior, and He is not Republican or Democrat. For me I want to keep my focus on Jesus and not get pulled into chasing after people on the right or the left. The path is narrow best to keep to the straight and narrow path:-)

God Bless
Mj

2008/9/5 12:04Profile
HeartSong

Re:

People, we must beware that we do not murmur and complain against the Lord. There is one thing that is clear to me, and that is that Sarah Palin's heart is turned to the Lord. It is amazing to me that God, in His great mercy, has put someone with a heart for Him in line to be in a position of power in the cesspool of corruption that our government has become.

While we may not think that He has taken all things into consideration, I assure you that He has - our part will be to support Him in that which He has chosen. This is a call to prayer! If anyone has a problem with Sarah Palin, they should be on their face before God, asking Him to show forth the truth of the matter.

In any case, what is needed here is prayer. God has provided a ray of light in all of this darkness that America has become. Let us not be foolish in this matter by murmuring and complaining about that which we should be thankful for.

EDIT: I have removed the sentence as noted by Tears_of_Joy. Thank you for bringing this to my attention Kire.

2008/9/5 14:32Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Dear HeartSong,

You wrote:

Quote:

This may be our last chance...

This statement raised two questions in me:

[i]our[/i] - who are [i]you[/i], am I included there?

[i]last chance[/i] - last chance [i]for what[/i]?

2008/9/5 17:32Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Tears_of_Joy...

I don't want to speak for HeartSong, but if I were answering these questions, I might say:

Quote:

Tears_of_joy wrote:

This statement raised two questions in me:

[i]our[/i] - who are [i]you[/i], am I included there?

[i]Our[/i] -- meaning America.
Quote:
[i]last chance[/i] - last chance [i]for what[/i]?

[i]Last chance[/i] before heading into a form of [u]legislated[/u] ungodliness that invades nearly every home in this nation.

Just a thought. I know that God is in control. But I still must work to pay taxes. I just prefer that my taxes aren't used to perform abortions on minors without parental consent -- or for homosexual "marriage."

:-(

2008/9/5 17:48Profile
repentcanada

Re:

Has anyone actually taken the time to listen to the way of the master show, to hear some very valid points?

2008/9/5 19:37Profile
JRuth

Moscow, PA

Re:

ONLY Sarah Palin is responsible for Sarah Palin, we do not have the right to judge her!! I agree with Krispy on this subject also :-)

I am very sorry if this sounds rude, but I honestly don't think that people from outside the USA can understand everything that goes on in the USA!!!!

~JRuth

2008/9/5 20:12Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Repentcanada

I did listen to the way of the master show you posted and I found myself agreeing with what was shared. Thank you for sharing this.

God Bless
MJ

2008/9/5 20:17Profile
JoanM

Re: Confidence in God

I also listened to the radio program and read carefully all the postings here.

[u]To Mr. Baucham[/u]: I am not interested in what Mr. McCain is, or is not, intending to do by choosing Mrs. Palin as a running mate (worldly wisdom?). The question is what is God doing/allowing? Hopefully she considered that “yolking” which is no longer just yolking with a political Party. I wonder why he missed a foundational point in marriage: Is her husband ruling over her? (Gen 3:16) It would be wise to [u]ask him[/u].

If she did seek God about this, I doubt we will ever hear what exactly she understood as God’s direction to accept. I would like to hear speeches she made during her running for Governor to see if she spoke as she did at her church, sought prayer, etc. I know she will face major temptations to compromise in her words and actions. Although her Christian beliefs seem less focused on, compared to her position on issues, I truly hope she is both Christian and able to behave that way in what follows.

In the State of Washington, Ellen Craswell ran for Governor (1996) after serving several terms in the House and Senate. She was associated with the American Heritage Party (unabashedly Christian and strongly supportive of the Constitution). She won in the primary and lost in the general election. I knew her to be a Christian. She died this April and many questions about this example of a Christian woman in government might be answered by viewing her memorial service ( TVW.org, put Ellen Craswell in the find box, select memorial service). The reality of her Christ-likeness is unavoidable. [u]I would not be surprised if just viewing this video strengthens Christians[/u].

In 1995, I recall a bible verse being pointed out, by her staff, to the effect, that when a nation [displeases God/ goes in a God less way/ denies God] He causes women to rule over them. I cannot find that reference today. I did find the following:

[u]Isaiah 3:12 [As for] my people, children [are] their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause [thee] to err, and destroy the way of thy paths[/u].

Anyway, if you see this memorial service, I think you will probably agree, [u]a model of a Christian wife and mother can also serve in public service[/u]. Krispy, you will particularly appreciate the offering of “American’s Hope: The Stars and Stripes Choir” which she encouraged. An sample of how she answered hostile reporter questions, like how she could be so sure about her opinions: “It is hard to know what is right. It’s even harder to do what is right. Our only hope is a right relationship with God living each day dependent on Him for wisdom to know what it is the right thing and for courage to do what is the right thing.” There were few follow-up questions with her and no negative spin from TV anchors.

I could give many other examples but as a person who prays I will leave it with her weekly gathering of her grandchildren specifically for prayer.

Although Sarah Palin, Mr. Baucham and the radio hosts are not likely to have the opportunity to see the video I have referenced, Repentcanada and MaryJane and others on SI do. MaryJane, you will appreciate the song God gave Ellen a few days before she died.

Sarah Palin needs our prayers.

2008/9/5 22:02Profile
moreofHim

Re: Palin/Stay at home moms

I listened to the Way of the Master podcast and thought there were some very good and valid points. I am a stay at home mom myself and my heart really breaks over this. I really think all of this sends mixed messages to Christian women. I agree, this is a subject for serious prayer- and I know that the Lord is in control- but it doesn’t stop my heart from breaking. This is only the humble opinion of one stay at home mother. I am, by no means, an expert in politics.

First let me say that I like Sarah Palin and I don’t mind that it is a woman running for VP. It’s not the fact that she’s a woman- but that she’s a mom of young children. My only concern is what message this is sending to women (Christian women in particular) with children at home. I hope you all will hear my heart and not take offense. I am not bashing Sarah Palin. I’m sure she’s qualified. I am sure she’s done a lot of good things for Alaska.

For so long the evangelical world has been telling mothers that it is best for them to stay at home and that you cannot balance career AND children (which I totally agree with). If you try to do both, someone loses- and it's usually the children. Even I have struggled through the years with the decision to stay home, but time and time again I have chosen to put myself last and put my kids first. I kind of have this feeling like "[b]you mean I could have had children AND been Governor!!??[/b]" I mean, you have Christian moms who have given up their dreams and put their life on hold because we have been told and we have believed that staying home with our children is what is right (if at all possible- I know for some that it is not possible- single mothers, etc…)

I really feel this is a punch in the gut for all those moms who have chosen to stay home and for those women who have been teaching the younger moms to please stay at home while your children are young.

Now we see these same evangelical leaders endorsing Palin and saying, well, in her case, it's acceptable. It can really make a lot of young moms lose heart and just give in. "Well, if Palin can do it and get 'ok'd' by other Christians, why not go out and live my dream? Why stay home and be miserable if I can have children AND have a fulfilling job?”

Does anyone else see this?????? Does anyone see this as a double standard? As hypocrisy? We preach one thing yet make excuses for one person because it goes with our political agenda. This is not a good message to Christian women. It's is totally a mixed message we are giving them now. I don’t know why my heart is so grieved, but it is.

We’ve been fighting the effects of feminism in Christianity for a long time now and I feel this is taking such a big step backward in that area. I am not into politics. I don’t like politics. But this hits me where my heart is tender. I don’t want to judge Palin. She can choose to do what she wants- but we as Christians don’t have to agree and endorse it. I have to wonder why so many Christians are behind this decision that is totally opposite of what we have been trying to get across to women with children. Where are the Christian men who will take a stand for Christian families- and not just care about their party or their politics???.

Does any other stay at home mom feel like throwing in the towel? What have we sacrificed for?

Just 2 weeks ago at my daughter's Christian college, a young mom of an 11 month old and a 3 yr old, accidently left her 11 month old in her van ALL day while she was in the college working. It was a 90 degree day and the baby died. The mom of these two young children was also a counselor and teacher at the college. She had recently just changed her daycare routine and 'forgot' that she had not dropped off the younger one with the older child. This is a horrible situation. My heart breaks for this mother. I can't imagine the guilt. But again, she had two small children and was trying to balance career and children. When you try to balance both, someone loses, and this case, it was her baby girl. The mom was just so busy and had so much going on. I know this is getting more common- mothers accidently leaving their children in the car or whatever. If we think it's bad now, it could be a lot worse when more moms go to work and get busy with both work and having a family.

I don’t know what the answer to all of this is. I just know I’m torn up over the situation and how it could be a huge turning point for Christian women. My heart will grieve all the more if many moms decide that they too want to have both family and career- and many children will end up with part time moms.

I am praying that the Lord will check my heart if I am wrong in any way. I guess I could be completely wrong. If I am, maybe I should go out and get a nice fulfilling career of my own.

2008/9/5 22:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy