SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Creation Museum

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Creation Museum

Last week my husband, our 14 YO granddaughter and I visited the Creation Museum near Cincinnati, OH.

I want to encourage any and all to visit that place: it will bless your soul!

The exhibits are all professionally done. The presentations are very impressive - nothing cheesy, sloppy, or cheap.

The museum has a large bookstore marketing 'creation' literature, DVDs, etc. Very nice.

They have a small botanical garden with a petting zoo outside. Although the garden is young, it is beautiful. It includes a large pond/pool with water falls and bridges: a floating bridge, swinging and a stationary bridge. They have pavilions which can host groups.

After we got in there, my husband, who has been involved in the building trade for many years, noted the structure of the building and commented on it at every turn. He was looking at it and giving the exhibits a brief glance! I fussed a tad bit at him, saying we paid money to come see this and all he is seeing is the building! Later when we were at the Noah's cafe I noticed the floor! Well, it sure did not take long for my chickens to come home to roost! LOL

The only thing I would warn people about is do not go see the planetarium if you are a tad bit sleepy! I was and fell asleep! The seats recline which will induce sleep if sleepy! But what I did see was impressive.

Here is the link to their website: http://www.creationmuseum.org/

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2008/9/4 10:25Profile
Simon2Peter

Leamington, Ontario

Re: Creation Museum

I agree. It is well worth the trip and a good place to take children. I took my class there in May. It allows you to relax knowing you don't have to censor out objectionable material. There is a strong redemption message throughout.

2008/9/4 15:58Profile

Re: Creation Museum

Do we need a museum or a science book for our eyes to be opened so we can glorify God? Or perhaps we need the love of the truth?

Quote:
Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, [u]who suppress the truth in unrighteousness[/u],
Rom 1:19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them.
Rom 1:20 For since the creation of the world [b]His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, [u]so that they are without excuse[/u][/b],
Rom 1:21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.

If people's hearts are darkened and their consciences seared, no amount of scientific evidence or human logic will convince them of the truth.

2008/9/4 15:59
Compton

Re:

I understand your questions NotMe.

However, I don't think the primary audience for this museum is the world. I think the museum serves as an affirmation to Christians and their families. On a personal note, the people who designed, built, and managed this derided facility have demonstrated sustained godly integrity, which is a witness and a light to those with seared consciences.

Blessings,

MC

2008/9/4 17:06Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

NotMe,

I suggest you check it out before you get critical. It is beautiful, tasteful, inspirational....

ginnyrose

2008/9/4 20:13Profile

Re:

I echo the recommendations for this museum. It's really is a museum that brings glory to God as does the ministry behind it, [url=http://www.answersingenesis.org/]Answers in Genesis[/url]

2008/9/4 21:16
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re:

I have to say ditto to those who were blessed by the displays at Creation Museum. My family went there last year on the way up to Ohio to the Revival Conference and were thoroughly blessed by the displays and the spirit of "be(ing) ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear..."

Surely we know that science is not required to "prove" God, and surely we know that we are saved through faith... but that does not in any way diminish the integrity with which the apostles and the Lord "reasoned" with those who heard them regarding that faith.

Bravo to Answers in Genesis for the great work they are doing.

Clint

2008/9/5 12:52Profile
Compton

Re: A year later...

Today our family visited the Creation Museum. It was an encouraging reminder that although some of the branches of the Church seem to be withering in America, she still has a few roots that run deep! If you are ever able to make it to Cincinnatti, please make it a priority to visit the Creation Museum.

You know, over the years I've noticed that if I wanted to find a type of Christian who is dead to what the world thinks, and alive to the God of the Bible, look for young earth Creationists. Say what you will about them; they just don't seem to know how to compromise in the face of modern culture.

Blessings,

MC

2009/4/12 1:38Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy