| Sanctification: Wesleylen or Keswick? (Please state briefly what they are and which one you believe|
(Please state briefly what you think they are and which one you believe)
| 2008/9/3 18:50||Profile|
| Re: Sanctification: Wesleylen or Keswick? (Please state briefly what they are and whi|
Christ alone is our sanctification.
1 Corinthians 1:27-31 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence. But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and ((((sanctification,)))) and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
Sanctified in Christ: Phillip
| 2008/9/3 18:59||Profile|
Cache Valley, Utah
1st. I agree with Phillip.
2nd. The doctrines invented from trying to determine dead mens views have caused great divisions in the Church. It is often like trying to nail jello to the wall.
| 2008/9/3 19:18||Profile|
| Re: Sanctification: Wesleylen or Keswick? (Please state briefly what they are and whi|
Biblical sanctification by the Word of truth;
by the blood of Christ, and by the indwelling
of the Holy Spirit. Sanctification is the work
of grace and the ministry of the Holy Spirit.
Martin G. Smith
| 2008/9/3 22:14||Profile|
1 Corinthians 1:28-31 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in His presence. But of Him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
Christ is our Wisdom, Christ is our righteousness, Christ is our sanctification, Christ is our redemption.
The Holy Spirit is not the sanctifier, the Holy Spirit is the teacher of the truth that Christ is our Sanctification. The Holy Spirit is not our redemption, but the Teacher of that redemption. It was Christ that hang on the Cross, not the Holy Spirit. Christ is our wisdom, the Holy Spirit is the Teacher of that wisdom. Christ is our righteousness, Not the Holy Spirit, The Holy Spirit is the Teacher and the One that comforts us in The Christ that will not leave us comfortless either.
Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Joh 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
Joh 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
The Comforter is to: John 16:8-14 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
This is our precious Comforter Teacher, who never speaks of Himself but only that which is give Him by Jesus Christ and The Holy Spirit is the One that shows The Truth of "Christ in us the Hope of Glory". Col 1:27
The Holy Spirit is the sealer of our redemption in Christ, He seals our sanctification by the Christ that is birthed in us. Born again of The Spirit of Incorruptable Seed of the Father, and the Water of Life in Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit is the One that brings all truth of Jesus Christ to those that are Christs'.
John 14:28-30 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I. And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe. Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.
John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
Colossians 3:1-4 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
He Is Come To Us, sent the Holy Spirit from the Father to teach us this truth. The Holy Spirit will be our Teacher forever and in us forever. Praise God. Jesus Christ being the full and complete foundation for all the Holy Spirit teaches us.
In Christ: Phillip
| 2008/9/4 0:00||Profile|
How do you believe it is obtained? Through indentification with the death of Chirst or by asking in faith believing?
| 2008/9/5 16:49||Profile|
Las Vegas, NV
| Re: sanctification|
The following verses should thoroughly answer your question.
23. [b]for whatsoever is not of faith is sin[/b].
[b]1 Thessalonians 4[/b]
1. Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more.
2. For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.
3. For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
4. That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;
5. Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:
6. That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.
7. For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.
[b]2 Thessalonians 2[/b]
11. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12. That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
13. But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
14. Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
[b]1 Corinthians 1[/b]
29. That no flesh should glory in his presence.
30. But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
31. That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
17. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
18. As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
19. And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
20. Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21. That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23. I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
24. Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.
25. O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.
26. And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.
| 2008/9/6 1:16||Profile|
It is God who has, "made", -caused to be, Jesus Christ our Sanctification.
We cannot obtain sanctification, it is given by God in the Christ Seed that is birthed in us.
Christ most certainly our Sanctifier, He is the One that purifies us by the Work of the Holy Spirit He has given us from the Father. Christ the the Sanctified One, The Holy Spirit is the implementer of that Sanctification, by The Word Himself born again in us.
1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible (Seed), by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
The Word of God; John 1:1-4 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made. In Him was life; and the life was the light of men.
This is our Sanctification.
Being conformed to His image.
Romans 8:29-39 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Christ is or sanctification, our Wisdom, our Righteousness, (Justification) and our Redemption,(Redemer).
In Christ who has been made our all in all
| 2008/9/8 15:48||Profile|
Maybe the question should be how do you believe it is experienced.
| 2008/9/13 5:44||Profile|
Sanctification, an interesting topic. If God determines the pace of our being set apart, then the fact that we still sin in certain areas means that it is God's fault. Can this be true?
If my sin is my fault, which it is, then the fact that I am still sinning in certain areas means that I choose too. What is the theological and practical ramifications of this ? That at the moment we are saved, we are fully sanctified, meaning, if we choose to, we can follow God fully. Sanctification is the process of surrender and obedience to an already establised order. It is akin to the promised land. God gave the promised land to the Israelites. He gave them all of it all at one time. He fulfilled His covenenant. Did the Israelites take it right away? Did they wander for 40 years? Was that Gods will or fault? Did they learn to surrender and be obedient in the desert? Did they take all of the land when they finally crossed over, and if they did not, whose fault was it? God is perfect, we are rebellious. He is always right and we are always wrong. We are ready to die to sin or we are not. Whatever sin we toy with, allow to continue in our lives, effects us. When the Israelites mingled with "the world," they were adversly effected by that, we too.
PS...just to complicate matters...my wife is not saved but she is "sanctified by the believing spouse." :)
| 2008/9/13 7:38|