Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
lwpray

Sweden

HOSTAGE SITUATION IN PAKISTAN

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

AN URGENT PRAYER ITEM:
HOSTAGE SITUATION IN PAKISTAN

One of our dear friends related to Intercessors Network for a couple of years, finds himself at this present hour involved, together with other Christian workers in an extremely difficult situation.

Griffen Barkat has received thorough training for ministry within the Swedish Pentecostal movement. He holds position as Director for a youth hostel in Faisalabad, Pakistan. More than 50 young men are cared and provided for under Griffen’s leadership. The work is related to a branch of the Pakistani Pentecostal movement.

One staff member has been kidnapped and is held as hostage. Muslim terrorists demand several thousand dollars for the release of this person. They threaten the Pentecostal leadership with further attacks and kidnappings. Griffen’s family is a particularly sensitive target. Details are sparse at present hour.

Please, engage in prayer for wisdom.
Please, engage in prayer for peace of mind.
Please, engage in prayer for fair strategies.
Please, engage in prayer for the men gathered in the enemy camp.
Please, engage in prayer for proper Holy Spirit conviction, touching consciences unto fear of the Lord.

May the Lord guide you all in persistent prayer. . .
Lars Widerberg

2004/7/10 7:49Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: HOSTAGE SITUATION IN PAKISTAN

I am with you brother, please , let us all pray that God be glorified through this. These are our brethren, they need us...can we stand in the gap for them

2004/7/10 9:04Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let them [i](me)[/i] never be put to confusion.
Deliver them [i](me)[/i] in thy righteousness, and cause them [i](me)[/i] to escape: incline thine ear unto them [i](me)[/i], and save them [i](me)[/i].

Be thou their [i](my)[/i] strong habitation, whereunto they [i](I)[/i] may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save them [i](me)[/i]; for thou art their [i](my)[/i] rock and their [i](my)[/i] fortress.

Deliver them [i](me)[/i], O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man.
For thou art their [i](my)[/i] hope, O Lord GOD: thou art their [i](my)[/i] trust from their[i](my)[/i] youth.

By thee have they [i](I)[/i] been holden up from the womb: thou art he that took them [i](me)[/i] out of their [i](my)[/i] mother's bowels: their [i](my)[/i] praise shall be continually of thee.
I am as a wonder unto many; but thou art their [i](my)[/i] strong refuge.

Let their [i](my)[/i] mouth be filled with thy praise and with thy honour all the day.
Cast them [i](me)[/i] not off in the time of old age; forsake them [i](me)[/i] not when their [i](my)[/i] strength faileth.
For their [i] (mine)[/i] enemies speak against them [i](me)[/i]; and they that lay wait for their[i](my)[/i] soul take counsel together,
Saying, God hath forsaken them [i](him)[/i]: persecute and take them [i](him)[/i]; for there is none to deliver them [i](him)[/i].

O God, be not far from them [i](me)[/i]: O my God, make haste for their [i](my)[/i] help.
Let them be confounded and consumed that are adversaries to their [i](my)[/i] soul; let them be covered with reproach and dishonour that seek their [i](my)[/i] hurt.

But they [i](I)[/i] will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more.
Their [i](My)[/i] mouth shall shew forth thy righteousness and thy salvation all the day; for they [i](I)[/i] know not the numbers thereof.
They [i](I)[/i] will go in the strength of the Lord GOD: They [i](I)[/i] will make mention of thy righteousness, even of thine only.

O God, thou hast taught them [i](me)[/i] from their [i](my)[/i] youth: and hitherto have they [i](I)[/i] declared thy wondrous works.
Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, forsake them [i](me)[/i] not; until they [i](I)[/i] have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come.

Thy righteousness also, O God, is very high, who hast done great things: O God, who is like unto thee!

Thou, which hast shewed them [i](me)[/i] great and sore troubles, shalt quicken them [i](me)[/i] again, and shalt bring them [i](me)[/i] up again from the depths of the earth.
Thou shalt increase their [i](my)[/i] greatness, and comfort them [i](me)[/i] on every side.
They [i](I)[/i] will also praise thee with the psaltery, even thy truth, O my God: unto thee will they [i](I)[/i] sing with the harp, O thou Holy One of Israel.

Their [i](My)[/i] lips shall greatly rejoice when they [i](I)[/i] sing unto thee; and their [i](my)[/i] soul, which thou hast redeemed.

Their [i](My)[/i] tongue also shall talk of thy righteousness all the day long: for they are confounded, for they are brought unto shame, that seek their [i](my)[/i] hurt.

Psalm 71

*(I don't know if it is appropriate or not to change the emphasis like this, please, if it is not wise, I will rescind it)

2004/7/10 10:38Profile

Re: HOSTAGE SITUATION IN PAKISTAN

These things repeat themselves at an ever growing rate.
Where will this end?
Are we prepared?
Are we praying?
Hanna

2004/7/11 13:12

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy