SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : did Jesus really die spiritually

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

What do you define as spiritual death?

Spiritual death is being in wrong relationship to God. This wrong relationship is not merely a passive "lack of intimacy." Rather, it is a defiant rebellion against God ("sin is lawlessness"). It is the assertion of self against God. It is to be God's enemy ("He who is not for me is against me"). This is what makes one in "wrong" relationship with God.

Therefore, to assert that Jesus died spiritually is to assert the above things. Such is something the Scriptures never do.

2008/8/28 17:50Profile
BlazedbyGod

Re:

Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: [b]for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die[/b]

When Adam ate the fruit did he die " in the day" that he ate it, or some hundred of years later?

Gen 5:5 And all the [b]days[/b] that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

2008/8/28 17:50Profile
clintstone

tulsa,ok.

Re:

hail brother hail al hail king Jesus who was and is and is to come you have it right brother and this is an issue that needs to be addressed in my home town . i want to know of stong men in God from past history that hard addressed this very thing if any articles on this site about it. i do not see it being scripture that Jesus' death was more than in his soul and body . thanks for the input from peter very good

2008/8/28 17:51Profile
clintstone

tulsa,ok.

Re:

i will search this line out . but the bible never contadicts itself .in the new testament paul prays that the saints be preserved spirit , soul and body, Jesus was also God and no other man has ever been God , not even the first adam, as some teach. now his soul and spirit might have not had seperation from God until the day adam sinned.

2008/8/28 18:03Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:
KingJimmy wrote:What do you define as spiritual death?Spiritual death is being in wrong relationship to God. This wrong relationship is not merely a passive "lack of intimacy." Rather, it is a defiant rebellion against God ("sin is lawlessness"). It is the assertion of self against God. It is to be God's enemy ("He who is not for me is against me"). This is what makes one in "wrong" relationship with God.

Therefore, to assert that Jesus died spiritually is to assert the above things. Such is something the Scriptures never do.

Where did you get your definition?
What Scriptures?

Seems that your definition of spiritual death is more of an action("Rather, it is a defiant rebellion against God")

If one know that physical death is only seperation:
[b]Eccl 12:7[/b] [color=990000]then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.[/color]
[b]James 1:26[/b] [color=990000]For as the body without the spirit is dead, so also one's faith without such works is dead.[/color]

We see physical death being a separation, we must conclude that spiritual death is nothing more.
[b]Isa 59:2[/b] [color=990000]But your iniquities have separated you between and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.[/color]

2008/8/28 18:35Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Where did you get your definition?
What Scriptures?

I quoted Scripture already. Do you really need me to get chapter and verse? The state of being spiritually dead is being at antimony with God. As Jesus said, "He who is not for Me is against Me." Such is a disposition. And such a dispostion can only come from somebody who is spiritually dead.

Seems that your definition of spiritual death is more of an action("Rather, it is a defiant rebellion against God")

No. It's a spiritual dispostion. "Action" (sins) are merely the outworking of of sin & death (inward dispostion).

2008/8/28 18:51Profile
clintstone

tulsa,ok.

Re:

when He , Jesus cried my god my God why hast thou forsaken me . i believe this is where isaiash was prophetically calling attention to this in ch 53 when it says there that Jesus poured out His soul onto death. this did not include His spirit He was speaking from His souls seperation as a man . not as God that He also was and is and is to come. He was delivered from death ,in that He feared and was heard of God and that was when He prayed in the garden with strong cryings and tears and sweat drops of blood. this is in hebrews

2008/8/28 19:13Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:
KingJimmy wrote:Where did you get your definition?
What Scriptures?I quoted Scripture already. Do you really need me to get chapter and verse? The state of being spiritually dead is being at antimony with God. As Jesus said, "He who is not for Me is against Me." Such is a disposition. And such a dispostion can only come from somebody who is spiritually dead.

What do you mean "The state of being spiritually dead is being at [b]antimony[/b] with God."?
antimony is a brittle, lustrous, white metallic element occurring in nature.

Unless you mean enmity.
Quote:
The state of being spiritually dead is being at antimony with God.

IOW, if one is hostle toward God, he is spiritualy dead.

Quote:
As Jesus said, "He who is not for Me is against Me." Such is a disposition. And such a dispostion can only come from somebody who is spiritually dead.

IOW, the enmity with God causes the severed relationship.
Am I right?

Quote:
Quote:

No. It's a spiritual dispostion. "Action" (sins) are merely the outworking of [b]sin[/b] & death (inward dispostion).

Isn't "sin" an action as you just said?
What is "[u]sin[/u] [b]&[/b] death"?
Did you get that from Rom 8:2?

Where do you get that "sin & death" are an inward dispostion?

Just trying to understand.

2008/8/28 19:53Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Unless you mean enmity.

Yes, that's what I meant :-)

IOW,

I'm not sure I know what this acroynm stands for? So, please explain so I can better respond to your posts :)

2008/8/28 20:05Profile
jimp

Re:

hi,for Jesus to die spiritually ;God would have had to stop being God. the idea is insane. jimp

2008/8/28 21:00Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy