SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Will there be time in the kingdom?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
preacher777E

Will there be time in the kingdom?

Isa 66:23 And it shall come to pass that from one new moon to another and from one sabbath to another shall all flesh come to worship before me saith the LORD.
Isa 66:24 And they shall go forth and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die neither shall their fire be quenched and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

I looked up new moon and sabbath and found out it could mean month (new moon) and week (sabbath)Does this mean that there will be time in heaven or have I look at this passage wrong?

2008/8/27 0:57Profile

Re: Will there be time in the kingdom?

A thousand years is a thousand years. New Jerusalem, however, has no need for the Sun..[or the planets that orb around it.]

Hallelujah to the Lamb.

2008/8/27 5:26
preacher777E

Re:

Does the new heaven and earth in verse 22 come after or will his return with fire be the refining that makes the earth new.Thanks for your answer brother.Shalom

2008/8/27 8:06Profile

Re:

Not at all trying to be flippant here... but who cares if there is time in heaven??? I dont! Ain't takin' a watch with me!

Krispy

2008/8/27 8:22
theopenlife

Re:

This matters if we want to avoid ascribing divine attributes to created things.

There will certainly be time, if what you mean is a logical progression of events, one after the other, forever and ever. In hell they will weep and gnash. Weeping will follow gnashing, and gnashing will again succeed weeping. Sometime they will gnash louder, other times they will weep more. That means change, and change exists only in time. In heaven we will sing. One word follows another. That means time.

There will be no end of time.

Only an eternally existent being can exist without time.

We will never be God, therefore we will always experience time as the progression of events forever.

2008/8/27 13:22Profile
Logic

Re:

We must have a good memory for recalling everything forever.

When asked do you remember that time whem...

You might ask, when was thAt?
It would be wierd to say, I don't know, I don't have a time keeping device, nor have I a calender.

However, eternity with out time:

Eternity would be as evrything seems to be a moment ago.
A progression of events, but all seem to be no later than the other.

This way, no one would have to say, "do you remember when..."
They would just assume you know, and tell you what is on their mind about that event.
We will most likely communicate better too.

Furthermore, should there be any apointments for who knows what, we would have no reason to wait, or be late because of a priore engagment.

2008/8/27 14:43Profile
preacher777E

Re: KrispyKrittr.Who cares if there's time?

If a child of God has a question, does it seem right to you to respond that way.My child will often ask me questions that I could throw off and claim he is asking something that is not important all disciples learned this way even you I you are humble enough to admit it.

2008/8/27 18:25Profile
preacher777E

Re: 1000 years

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.Clearly the first resurrection will be at his return.

2008/8/27 18:39Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy