SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Resisting temptation with all your might

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
thesaintdan

Southwest England, UK

Resisting temptation with all your might

As Christians we are expected to resist the temptation to sin until we have overcome the temptation. Speaking personally with reference to habitual sin, how hard I have found that recently and yet I have experienced the victory.
Surely I was deceived into thinking that I could not overcome that particular temptation, I thought that having resisted sin to a certain point I was then entitled to succumb and allow myself some relief before resisting again but that is faulty logic.
'You have not yet resisted sin to the point of shedding your blood' - nowhere near actually

At least I'm not feeling guilty for living a double life right now....nonetheless I still have to be on my guard..

2008/8/26 18:09Profile
preacher777E

Re: Resisting temptation with all your might

Just keep going and as our Lord Yeshua said strive to enter.Also he said those who hunger and thirst shall be filled.One day we will have a body to serve him free from sin.Personally I believe before he come some will walk that way.Maybe thats who John seen when he was told these are those who have made it through a great tribulation.

2008/8/27 1:08Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Surely I was deceived into thinking that I could not overcome that particular temptation, I thought that having resisted sin to a certain point I was then entitled to succumb and allow myself some relief before resisting again but that is faulty logic.
'You have not yet resisted sin to the point of shedding your blood' - nowhere near actually

Amen! what a wonderful testimony. God surely has the victory. The "grace of God" teaches us to deny ungodliness and wordly lusts! Thank God for this provision of His strength in the inner man.

2008/8/27 3:39Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy