SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Looking for christian resources about witchcraft

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
LoveGodsWay

Ohio

Looking for christian resources about witchcraft

Hello.

I am a youth pastor and I'm looking for good christian resources concerning witchcraft. I want teach the teens in my church that witchcraft is both sin and very dangereous.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thank you!

2008/8/25 14:27Profile
Swordbearer

Re: Looking for christian resources about witchcraft

Hello Brother;

Brother Denny Keneston preached a six part series at the '94 Youth Bible School entitled "Freedom from Bondage" While this is not specifically about withcraft, I think you will find it very helpfull. Brother Denny does spend quite a bit of time dealing with the occult and the bondages it brings, among other things.
You may be able to find it here on SI....or you can go to charityministries.org and order it there.

2008/8/25 19:20Profile
Friedrick

Nicaragua

Watchmann Nee's book, "The Latent Power of the Soul" may be helpful. He does not address witchcraft directly throughout the book, but deals with the rebellion of the soul against God.

"For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft..." 1 Sam. 15:23

2008/8/25 19:46Profile
paula4jc

Excuse me sir/madam, This is meant for the churches not you. One of things I found detestable in today's churches is congregation members and church leaders soughing out alternate resources for every needs and issues. The Christian books stores are full of quick fix books (printed in China to maximize profit). Books such as, how to raise godly children? how to have a perfect marriage? etc, etc. Some pastors and Sunday school leaders appear to rely on these books to prepare weekly lessons and sermons. For those in the poor developing countries who are bless to have a free Gedion bible, with the Holy Spirit and Christ as teacher sough no additional resources. Yet, those who substitute quick fix books for the bible think they ought to travel to the Third Word nations to proselyte. Truly, prosperity has become a curse for most. We understand clearly that the poor and the needy shall indeed inherit the Kingdom of God as the prosperous are send away empty.

2008/8/25 19:57Profile
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

The best resourse that I have found is Deuteronemy.

Deu 18:10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
Deu 18:11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
Deu 18:12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

Hope this helps.
Blessings Greg

2008/8/25 23:08Profile
LoveGodsWay

Ohio

Thanks.

I am not very familiar with these things:
1) divination
2) an enchanter
3) a charmer
4) necromancer

Any help with these would be great.

Thanks again.

2008/8/26 9:00Profile
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re:

I have found that the best resource to find the meaning of a word that I don't know the meaning of, is a dictionary. There is also a good chance that a lexacon could help you out.
Blessings Greg ;-)

Example from Strongs concordance

Enchanter

nâchash
naw-khash'
A primitive root; properly to hiss, that is, whisper a (magic) spell; generally to prognosticate: - X certainly, divine, enchanter, (use) X enchantment, learn by experience, X indeed, diligently observe.

2008/8/26 21:56Profile
JKail

Re:

I would reccomend the teachings of Derek Prince for this topic. He wrote a great book called "They Shall Expell Demons" and there is a whole section on witchcraft and the occult.

I am a youth pastor also, and I am glad you are teaching your youth these topics!

God bless!

2008/8/26 23:46Profile
Limey153

Berkshire, England

Check out this website:

[url=www.reachouttrust.org]Reachout Trust[/url]

This contains vast resources and information for Christians regarding all the major cults, religions and occult practises.

Hope this helps :-)

2008/8/27 5:14Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

I suggest you listen to a series of sermons posted here on SI by Dean Hochstetler.

Another book that may be helpful is "Occult ABC: Exposing Occult Practices and Ideologies" by Kurt Koch. This book should ONLY be used as a resource for the teacher, NOT a textbook for a study on the occult.

I do not know how you plan to approach this subject with your class. But I do suggest you be extremely careful. I have heard of evangelists who have presented a series on this subject and met with serious problems later that can only be attributed to demonic activity.

The book I mentioned warns the readers of how they need to be careful in reading this book. When I read it years ago, I did not heed the warning, thinking the writer was paranoid. But what happened is that I would awake at 2:00 AM with a bad stomach ache that was only relieved by going to the bathroom and - excuse me, here - having a bowel movement. This got to be disgusting. Then I remembered the warning and prayed about it and these 'stomachs' became history with a memory. Nothing drastic, I admit, but it was annoying, I promise.

Anyhow, this is my two-cents worth. But do exercise extreme caution when teaching this subject. You do not want to whet any one's appetite for this stuff.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2008/8/28 23:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy