SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : need help please

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
awakenwithin

AZ

need help please

I need help finding VERES that have to with finding joy in the Lord. and Verse on How Jesus is God.

Also stuff on eating prombles, saddness where to take them in the WORD.

Thanks. I have thought a few but some help might be good.

In Christ
Charlene

2008/8/23 22:30Profile

Re: need help please

[url=http://www.fbinstitute.com/Clark/Clarkes_Bible_Promises.html]PRECIOUS BIBLE PROMISES
Also, known as Clarke's Scripture Promises.[/url]

http://www.intouch.org/site/c.dhKHIXPKIuE/b.2994717/k.9C49/Gods_Promises.htm

2008/8/23 22:38

Re:

Quote:

Rivqah wrote:

[url=http://www.fbinstitute.com/Clark/Clarkes_Bible_Promises.html]PRECIOUS BIBLE PROMISES
Also, known as Clarke's Scripture Promises.[/url]

"Notice by Dr. Isaac Watts
(1674-1748)

The Bible is a book of such transcendent worth, and so happily suited to all the parts and purposes of the Christian life, that it can never be too much recommended to the world; every thing that allures the world to peruse it, is a blessing to mankind. And though it is hard for our narrow capacities to grasp and take in its several distinguishing excellences at one view, yet, if we take a separate survey of the doctrines and duties, the promises and threatenings, the prophecies and histories, which are contained therein, each of them will afford us an awful or a delightful prospect, with lessons for special improvement.

The worthy author of this collection, which I have long known with esteem and honor, has chosen to reduce all the most useful and important promises of the Word of God into order, and here set them before us. These are the most powerful motives of duty; these are the constant food of a living Christian, as well as his highest cordials in a fainting hour. And in such a world as this, where duties perpetually demand our practice, and difficulties and trials are ever surrounding us, what can we do better than to treasure up the promises in our hearts, which are the most effectual persuasives to fulfil the one and sustain the other? Here are laid up the true riches of a Christian, and his highest hopes on this side of heaven.

The materials which are collected here are all divine, and the disposition of them is elegant and regular; so that it is an easy matter to find something suited to the frame of our souls, or our present wants on every occasion; and that soul who knows what a suitable promise is worth in an hour of darkness or temptation, will never think such a work as this, and such a various treasure, can have sufficient value set upon it.

Those who have little leisure for reading, may find their account in keeping this book always near them; and with the glance of an eye they may take in the riches of grace and glory, and derive many a sweet refreshment from hence, amidst their labors and travels through this wilderness. It is of excellent use to lie on the table in a chamber of sickness, and now and then to take a sip of the river of life, which runs through it in a thousand little rills of peace and joy.

May the Holy Spirit of God, who indited all these promises, and our blessed Mediator, who, by his ministry and by his blood, has sealed and confirmed them all, render them every day more and more powerful and prevalent to draw the hearts of men towards God, and to fit them for the enjoyment of these words of grace in their complete accomplishment in glory. Amen.

I. Watts
Newington, Jan. 19, 1750"

2008/8/23 22:45
kathleen1

Psa 16:11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

You hear the verse in Nehemiah 8:10 preached a lot "the joy of the Lord is your strength" but few preachers tell you any more than it says. You can only find this joy by spending time with Him seeking revelation (understanding) of who He is and in the process you will learn to understand how much He loves you and longs for you to come to Him so He can help you for He already knows what you have need of before you ask and HE is the Provision of God for all our needs. Php 3:21 says He is able to subdue all things to Himself. If we bring our problems, whatever kind they may be, to Him, to the cross, and lay them at His feet, and call on Him and ask Him, Lord, just as effectively as you did away with my sins when I repented and you saved me, you can deal with this problem. He is your victory. (1 Cor 15:57)He is your wisdom, your hope, your redemption (1 Cor 1:30)He is your hope of glory, (Col 1:27) He is all the Help we need and He sent the Holy Spirit, which is the Spirit of Christ to live in and with us to minister to us what He has made available to us and help us understand. Peter reminds us it's through the knowledge of God, that we grow, find peace:

2Pe 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
2Pe 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Apart from knowing Him for yourself, how can you trust and love someone you do not know? Take it all to HIM. He said in John 6:37 Him that comes to me I will in no wise cast out. In the original Greek that means if you present yourself, and your problems to Him in faith, He will not send you away empty, nor will He refuse you.

Psa 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

He made us, He knows the weakness of our flesh, and He hears the cry of our heart for Him. He is an ever present (always available) HELP in trouble (Psa 46:1) God bless you, beloved.
Kathleen

2008/8/26 7:02Profile
elanham

Maryland

Hello,

Here is a couple of God references to the Deity of the Man Jesus.

Hebrews 1:8
This is the Father referring to the Son as God.

But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

These scriptures are clear there really is no way to misread them. Hope this helps you out.

2008/8/26 14:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy