SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : oh, boy.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
growingholly

oh, boy.

brethren...
i am in way over my head and need the Lord to direct my steps. my brother's wife has a mother who has recently moved near to us, a mile or so from my brother's house. she is very drawn to christians, very interested in me reading her the Bible and talking about spiritual matters. but she has a really, really dark side, and i believe she may have a demon, or maybe more than one. but i'm not sure...she had a horrific childhood filled with violence and abuse; now decades later she is living in constant fear and anger. so i don't know if she is just walking in a sin lifestyle (habitual anger/fear/worry), or if she has a demon(s).

i would like to cast it out of her if it is what the Lord wants..but i don't know if that is what it is for sure. also, she is not saved, and she has been fed so many false gospels that she is pulled by several different beliefs. i want to help this woman; i have given her the truth of the Word over and over. she is willing to listen, but not to fall into Him.

anyways, please pray for the Lord's direction in my life, and in this. i really don't know what to think or do here. thank you so much.

2008/8/18 23:40Profile
JoanM

Re: oh, boy/ Oh Joy!

Praying with Joy and Thanksgiving!

That “in way over your head feeling” is not true, you know. Your Head is way above water. How can His feet drown? Whose idea was it that she move near? Looks like you are your name now. Thank you, Father.

I have found that a focus on Truth (the Light of the Word) settles any questions. Imps flee the Light. Of course you are praying (blood covered) reading whole gospel books, all testimony (how wonderful she wants you to), sharing the WORD of your testimony. The adversary only roars. No fear. Greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.

The most abused need salvation just as we did/do. It’s who Jesus really is, the truth of sin, righteousness, and judgment she needs. She has tried her way for a long time with no relief from fear and anger. She can tell you why she is drawn to Christians (despite how messy we are), likes to hear the Bible. Does she hear something? What does she remember?

Keep us posted

2008/8/19 0:45Profile
boG

Las Vegas, NV

Re: oh, boy.

Firstly, do not attempt to cast out any demons if you are in doubt whether any such thing needs to be done. Whatever is not of faith is sin. Not only must you be certain of the fact, but it must be a fact confirmed by Scripture. As you wisely said, "I don't know if she is just walking in a sin lifestyle". If you try to cast out demons that are not there, or even do so without the unction of the Holy Spirit, you are going to look very stupid and likely ruin the testimony and witness of the Gospel that may come from your lips.

Secondly, do not be focused on casting out demon(s), but on the salvation of a lost and dying soul. It would be far worse to have her heart swept clean and put in order if it is only to be left unoccupied and be found later in far worse conditions than the first. What is required in this, in all Christianity, is an intercessory heart.

Which is a broken and contrite heart that is clothed with sympathy, compassion, commiseration, mercy, tenderness for others.

As mercy is defined in this way: compassionate or kindly forbearance shown toward a person; compassion, pity, or benevolence. In this case, referring to the eternal torment of lost souls who ever walk in slippery places ready to be cast down into hell without a moments notice. And the thievery of God's joy in rejoicing over saved souls whom Christ died for. How did you feel when you first found yourself worthy of the fiery hell for obstinate rebellion against a Holy and Loving God? Should we not also feel likewise for those who have not the sense to see themselves as God sees them?

As George Whitefield pleaded, "And however some of you may hate me without a cause, would to God every one in this congregation was as much concerned for himself, as at present (blessed be God) I feel myself concerned for him. O that my head were waters, O that mine eyes were a fountain of tears, that I might weep over an unconverted, graceless, wicked, and adulterous generation. Precious souls, for God's sake think what will become of you when ye die, if you die without being converted; if ye go hence without the wedding garment, God will strike you speechless, and ye shall be banished from his presence for ever and ever. I know ye cannot dwell with everlasting burnings; behold then I show you a way of escape; Jesus is the way, Jesus is the truth, the Lord Jesus Christ is the resurrection and the life. It is his Spirit must convert you, come to Christ, and ye shall have it; and may God for Christ's sake give it to you all, and convert you, that we may all meet, never to part again, in his heavenly kingdom; even so Lord Jesus, Amen and Amen."

2008/8/19 2:04Profile
Ruach34

Beijing

Re:

Hey All,
I was reminded of an experience my wife had a while back in her work/ministry - She had been counseling a woman for a few times and the sessions were increasingly becomming more involved with the Word and prayer. Quite awesome. Anyway, the last session my wife had with this woman was basically the same as before but the woman started feeling uncomfortable and increasingly aware of her need for help. They walked outside into the parking lot all the while prayer was going on and in her cries for help to the Lord actually retched and threw up. It seemed in an instant she was free and worshipped the Lord.

The awesome thing was that the Spirit led my wife in this manner and brought deliverance to this woman. Only by looking back on the situation was it recognized that this was what we had read about. In no way was this my wife's idea, thought or intention, but it was the Lord's and in that moment He had His way in both my wife and the woman. So, all who are led by the Spirit, they are the sons (and daughters) of God.

be yielded entirely to Him and He will direct your steps...

Would you all pray for my younger brother who is mentally mixed up and needs deliverance and freedom?

2008/8/19 9:30Profile
growingholly

Re:

will do, ruach...thank you everyone! i had had those things on my heart also, especially two: giving God a bad name by trying to cast out something not there, and the fact that if i did, and they left, only to come back worse than before...i remember that in the Word.

thank you all so much for these replies...may He increase my faith and also save this woman...i pray for her but ask it also of all of you. her lost soul is a way worse situation than some little demon or sin issue.

thank you to remind me of Whose feet are really doing the walking. i hope He will grant me repentance and obedience to walk in faith...my Love is stronger than any in this world.

it seems like sometimes i have the faith to move mountains and sometimes i need to be given a reminder, thanks to God for all of your reminders!!!

2008/8/19 20:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy