SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : feeling bad for people ?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Shoufany

feeling bad for people ?

hi.. I'm new here and I'm so glad i found this forum.
I wanted to share something.
I have people for whom I care, who are not believers. i know everyone does.
the issue is that i feel so sad. it's enough for me to think that this person would spend an eternity in hell to make me feel like .. just agony !
a friend of mine once played a video on youtube about some guy sending a letter from hell to his christian friend who didn't tell him about Jesus. and the guy was shouting from hell, with pain and fear.. was just horrible.
now i'm aware that was nothing but a very lousy and unbiblical illustration that should have never wasted these 10 megabytes on a youtube server.
but one thing was real .. the shouts of pain and horror. that is true. that is what will be waiting, and even worse.
and i am just in pain for those people.
you may say that everyone makes the decision for himself and is responsible for the decision he makes. i agree
you may think that i'm a hypocrite because i don't seem to care that way about people to whom i am not related in one way or another. i agree
may the lord fix that and give me the same passion for everyone. even those that i don't know

but the main issue is that i just feel bad. i pray .. i weep..

please, help me know, what is the Bible's approach to this issue ?

P.S.. forgive my grammar. English is only my 3rd language.

2008/8/13 2:43Profile

Re: feeling bad for people ?

God sees your tears, hears your prayers, and while they may seem weak to you, they are powerful to Him.

One follower of Jesus, on his or her knees in a prayer closet can change the world.

2008/8/13 6:22

Re:

Actually this is the heart that we should all have toward the lost, but most of us do not. Thats why evangelism is at an all time low... Christians dont care.

There is a great painting that I've seen before, perhaps someone can post it here. It shows a handful of Christians standing on a pier over looking a stormy ocean... the Christians are standing around playing music, having a great time... and totally ignoring the lost that are drowning in the water.

Thats an excellent illustration of our entertainment driven (not purpose driven!) church today.

Krispy

2008/8/13 7:59
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

KrispyKrittr wrote:

Quote:

There is a great painting that I've seen before, perhaps someone can post it here. It shows a handful of Christians standing on a pier over looking a stormy ocean... the Christians are standing around playing music, having a great time... and totally ignoring the lost that are drowning in the water.

Thats an excellent illustration of our entertainment driven (not purpose driven!) church today.

Krispy

Ah! Great print. This exact print is my screen saver for my computer.

Also, when we used to rotate House Church settings week to week, this painting used to go to the person's home that we were holding house church.

The poster is called "Who Cares"? and is part of a small sermon/testimony that William Booth gave. I have this sermon/testimony of his on pamplets that I hand out to people and leave in stores).

You can Google "Who Cares Poster" and you will get a ton of links. Here is a link for one you can purchase. *NOTE* I chose the first link on google. I do not know anything about this man's ministry, but do not have time this morning to research it.

[url=https://store.hutchcraft.com/component/page,shop.product_details/category_id,34/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,13/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,1/vmcchk,1/]Ron Hutchcraft Ministries[/url]

2008/8/13 9:34Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy