SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Giving to United Way

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

Giving to United Way

I have a question about United way? should christian support this charity? I know that some local chapter of united way support planned parent hood.

God Bless
MJ

2008/8/11 19:17Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Giving to United Way

I once gave a small percent of my paycheck every week to the United Way. You can designate what you want the money to go to if you are worried about it being put to ill usage.

2008/8/11 19:46Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

By the way, if you feel so led, consider donating money to the Gospel For Asia (www.gfa.org). 100% of every dollar they receive goes towards supporting native missionaries/gospel literature/ministry tools/mercy ministries.

2008/8/11 19:48Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

You can designate specific agencies and programs
for your gift through United Way. There are
food banks, community shelters for homeless,
children's advocacy groups; etc.

2008/8/11 20:14Profile
rbanks

Re:

Does the United Way give glory to the Lord Jesus Christ?

Should we give to a charity that does not give glory to the Lord Jesus Christ?

Should all of our giving to charity be those that give glory to the Lord Jesus Christ?

Just some questions I have!

Blessings to all!

2008/8/11 20:34Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Does not YOUR giving to those in need, regardless of what agency is used, give glory to God?

2008/8/11 22:33Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

MaryJane,

If you have doubts, don't.

At a minimum I would never donate anything to any charity that would support PPH in any shape or form - and I assume you are familiar with their mission.

There are also some cancer 'societies' that raise funds for cancer research. They bear serious scrutiny - some donate funds to PPH, or maybe it is the other way around. If PPH donates funds for breast cancer research this should raise some red flags. Pro-lifers say abortion will make a female more vulnerable to breast cancer. Others will say not so. I would encourage you to do some research and see what you can find on this subject.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2008/8/11 22:34Profile
rbanks

Re:

Quote:

KingJimmy wrote:

Does not YOUR giving to those in need, regardless of what agency is used, give glory to God?

That's the same statement the ecumenical moment of our day is making. They are saying lets join with other religions no matter what they believe as long as were helping those in need.

Atheists, Muslims, Christians, etc. should be able to get together and help people in need.

The hard rock rebellious music groups put on a concert and the ungodly entertainers of Hollywood get together and perform for charity to help others are we suppose to help them help those in need.

I'm a christian and I'm going to help those in need through organizations that honor Christ so He will get the glory for it.

I believe if Christians would support the work of God only in this world for the glory of God then more could be accomplished that would bring glory to God and also reach a harvest for Jesus Christ.

Blessings!

2008/8/11 23:03Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

If your ox falls in a pit on the Sabbath day, do you not get it out? God's desires mercy. This isn't about ecuminism. This is about mercy.

2008/8/11 23:09Profile
rbanks

Re:

Mercy is what God is all about. He said I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion and mercy on whom I will have mercy.

It is not about him that willeth or Him that runneth but about God who showeth mercy.

It must be on God's terms not ours. We are not our own but have been bought with a price and we should glorify God with are body and our Spirit.

2008/8/11 23:20Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy