SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : beautiful things.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
growingholly

beautiful things.

God is glorious and good. every good and perfect gift is from Him, my gracious Father.

by the Lord's grace on our lives, a brother in the Lord, josh, and i, were serving another brother of ours in watching his children for a time while he was sent to iraq and their mother was also out of the country for a week. it was last thanksgiving. josh was outside with the children chopping wood for the fire, and the three children were standing about ten feet away, as it was a safe distance. josh had grown up chopping wood, as his dad was a tree trimmer by trade. truly, josh knows his way around an ax...in a shocking moment that i now believe was a gift from God to build the faith of us all, the ax suddenly and surprisingly flew out of josh's hands! it was a big ax, the head weighs about ten pounds, i think...and it flew across and hit betthzy, the 8-year old girl. thankfully, God in His unfathomable mercy allowed the butt end to hit her (not the cutting part but the rear part). but it was still a hard hit, given the velocity of the ax when it made impact, as josh is very strong, and it flew ten feet or so. betthzy is a small girl, and it took her down. her little brother came downstairs and told me about it, so i went up to ground level and josh had taken betthzy inside, and we were with her..she was greenish, vomiting, she was lethargic, she couldn't move, and as josh felt her little body, it seemed as though she may well have a cracked rib. also, she was shaking, saying she was cold, and she couldn't seem to make the shaking calm down. we wrapped her in several blankets, laid her down on the couch, and helped her get up to go to the bathroom a couple times to vomit or urinate. it was so horrible. i had never been so scared and sad in my life...and poor josh seemed devastated to have hurt her. we monitored her for several hours, hoping that she would improve. as the day went on, she became more and more lethargic, and was bruised all over the right upper arm and the right torso area where the ax had hit. she slept on and off for most of the day, unable to move, cold, in pain, and pretty out of it. she had trouble even just sitting up. time seemed to crawl, and it was so terribly difficult to look at this usually active and vibrant little girl lying there like that.

the boys went to bed and we let betthzy stay on the couch. we were graced by God to ask Him to heal her in faith. we prayed with our hands on her and prayed with our hands off her; we cried out to God for mercy and begged the Lord for mercy upon her and to heal her. we went out in true faith. she was very badly hurt, and we knew the next day she would be in even more pain. but we knew that God could heal her if He willed it. afterwards, josh went to his room, and i stayed by her on the floor next to the couch. i have no idea if i slept or didn't. i have no recollection of anything except just watching her sleep and thinking about how wonderful she is, how beautiful and precious, and how God had allowed this day. i cried so hard thinking about how hopeless all this seemed, but knowing that God could work a miracle in her body to His glory if He so chose.

as God's perfect sunlight crept in, betthzy finally stirred in the morning, i don't think either of the boys were awake yet. she rolled over and saw me there and smiled. she told me good morning, with her cute little smile, and i asked how she was feeling. she said, "kinda better, but a little weird" so i asked her if she'd like to get up and go to the bathroom. i was planning to carry her, but she wanted to walk. she walked in there by herself and went, and i then asked if she was hungry, and she was "kinda" hungry. :) i started to cook some food for her, and i thought it was so neat that she was able to walk around by herself! i started asking again how she was feeling a few minutes later, and she said she was feeling a lot better and wanted to run outside! i told her she had to take it easy for a while, but when the boys got up i let her go sit on a rock and watch them play. she kept getting up and then started running around after them and i kept telling her to take it easy, but it became more and more clear that,. not only was God's answer had been "yes" to heal her, but He had completely healed her, good as new!!! by the afternoon, she was running all around the yard with the boys and jumping in the leaf pile, and she was dancing and laughing and playing, just like nothing had even happened!! at some point we even noticed that the bruises she had had the day before were gone!!! it was so amazing! God had answered our prayers with a big, huge, wonderful yes!!! she was ok!!!! she was ok!!! i cried even more that day because God is so good, this little girl who had been practically comatose the day before was jumping and dancing and laughing and running!!! in the afternoon, i threw all caution to the wind and told her to have a blast out there!! it was so wonderful, so beautiful, so amazing, to see her smile and hear her little laugh and watch her run and jump and play...i witnessed a miracle of God that day. we all did.

and we were so privileged to talk with the children about what God had done, and sharing with them in the Word about God and His mighty power...they all saw what God did. they still remember and talk about it sometimes.

wow, God is so good....

2008/8/11 16:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy