Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Lor_E

Montana USA

Re: persons and natures

I felt compelled to add a few scriptures,
I hope you don't mind.

[i]Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these you may be partakers of the [b]divine nature[/b][/i]

[i]For verily He took on Him, not the nature of angels; but took on Him the seed of Abraham[/i]

[i]In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
And the earth was without form and void
and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the [b]Spirit of God [/b]moved upon the waters.
And [b]God said:
"Let there be light[/b]."
and there was light.[/i]

]i]In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God....
In Him was life;
and the [b]life was the light of men[/b].
And the light shineth in the darkness, and the darkness comprehended it not..[/i]

[i]He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest...
The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee ; therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.[/i]

[i]But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth His Son, made of a woman, made under the law.[/i]

[i]Except a man be born of water AND of the Spirit, he can not enter the kingdom of God.
That which is born of the flesh is flesh
that which is born of the Spirit, is spirit.[/i]

Unless man (flesh and blood) is born again of the Spirit he can not understand the things of the Spirit written in the scriptures, not that we don't all wrestle and wait on God to reveal them to us; we all need ears to hear, as you have said, the voice of our dear Shepherd. Amen!

Only that we have a humans the nature of our fleshly fathers since Adam. Now since we are born again, we have the opportunity to receive the nature of our Father which is in heaven, given to us by the expression of His Word to us in His Son- Let there be Light- He is the Light, He is the Word, He is both the Son of Man and the Son of God. By Him all things exsist.

Our understanding of the "nature" is incomplete; but the question for us is, what is God's understanding of nature?

Sometimes it is very difficult to express a holy, divine spiritual manifestation such as the Son of God with mere words. Although those that have been given are very good, we all can only seek to echo what God has placed on the inside of our hearts and spirits by His Word and by His Spirit.

If we can truly hear the voice of Christ and follow Him, He will continue to reveal Himself to us all.

2008/8/11 17:40Profile

Re:

Hi Lori. I've quoted something that I think is an example of what you mean.

""
BELOVED LORDS, friends and brethren, when this matter of the incarnation of our beloved Lord Jesus Christ was first mentioned by the brethren, on hearing it I was terrified at heart, lest I should err in the matter and be found, before God, in pernicious unbelief. On account of this article I was often so troubled at heart, after receiving baptism, that for many days I abstained from food and drink, by the overanxiety of my soul, [b]beseeching and praying God in extreme necessity that the kind Father by his mercy and grace would disclose unto me, poor sinner, who, although in extreme weakness, desired to do his blessed will and pleasure[/b], the mystery of the incarnation of his blessed Son, to the extent necessary to the glorification of his holy name and to the consolation of my afflicted conscience.

Thus wandering about for days, weeks and months, [b]I have frequently asked the opinion or belief of some of you[/b] in regard to this matter which bore so heavily upon my heart. [b]Yet none could instruct me sufficiently to quiet my conscience.[/b] For gross misunderstanding of some Scriptures which they alleged as proof of their assertion, I found with them, not only according to my opinion, but according to the meaning of the Scriptures; so that, at last, after much fasting, weeping, praying, tribulation and anxiety, [b]I became, by the grace of God, quiet and refreshed at heart, firmly acknowledging and believing, assured by the infallibly sure testimony of the Scriptures, understood in the Spirit[/b], that Christ Jesus forever blessed, is the Lord from heaven, 1 Cor.15:47; the promised spiritual seed of the new and spiritual Eve, Gen. 3:15, namely, the eternal Truth, Jn. 14:16; the powerful Conqueror of the serpent and his seed, Gen. 3:15; Luke 11:21; Jn. 16:33: Heb. 2:14; which promised seed is the eternal Truth and word of God, and, in the fullness of time, was sent forth from the Almighty and merciful Father, Gal. 4:4, in a pure virgin, Mary, Isa. 7:14, conceived by the Holy Ghost and power of the Most High.

2008/8/14 16:53

Re:

Hi rbanks. I don't think I understand you.
You think Jesus was in paradise while his body was in the tomb? I remember he said "into your hands I commend my spirit" and "this day you will be with me in paradise." I also remember he said the son of man would be three days in the heart of the earth.
Do you think that when he referred to the son of man he was only referring to his body? I don't want to speculate about this. Can you explain?

Thanks, and sorry to take so long to get back.
Ben

2008/8/14 17:16

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy