SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Watch out on calling people, saints", etc!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Watch out on calling people, saints", etc!

It is a form of "positive confession" (word-faith movement), which is a false balance on claiming something "positive" on others when God calls people wicked too. This is a bad thing to say especially if we use it as a solution to make people feel happy. The Lord Jesus Christ did not die on the cross so that we can be happy.

Deuteronomy 29:19 says, "And it come to pass, when he heareth the words of this curse, that he bless himself in his heart, saying, I shall have peace, though I walk in the imagination of mine heart, to add drunkenness to thirst:"

People will walk in the imagination of their own hearts after hearing the Lord speak against such sins and still call themselves "saints, saved of God, I'm walking in the will of God, one of God's people, saved by grace, a Christian, and I"m still going to heaven".

We end up blessing ourselves or "positively confessing something of ourselves because we THINK that we are special that we have a separate repentance for us or conviction of the Holy Spirit. Blessing ourselves in our heart (or out loud) is a false repentance and an abominable focus on making ourselves feel better proudly when we commit sin. "Positive" encouragement is sin because it is a false, heretical balance on one aspect that brings self-profit.

2008/8/9 18:51

Re: Watch out on calling people, saints", etc!

i'm a worm, a fool for Christ.hell is too good a place for the likes of me.i'm like the publican who can't even look heavenward to God, my shame is that great, i can only beat mt breast and beg God, have mercy on me a sinner!

thats why i love Jesus so!!

he loves a worm like me.

bless the Name oF Jesus!

2008/8/9 20:08

Re: Watch out on calling people, saints", etc!

I read a man's writing who referred to this kind of faith as "flattery". I thought it was a very accurate and helpful word. Just as gold and silver will not save from God's wrath neither will flattery.

2008/8/9 21:44

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy