SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Saved to the Uttermost - Hebrews 7:25

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Onesimus4God

Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico

Saved to the Uttermost - Hebrews 7:25

SAVED TO THE UTTERMOST

KJV
Hebrews 7:25Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Hebrews 7:25 (Amplified Bible)
25Therefore He is able also to save to the uttermost (completely, perfectly, finally, and for all time and eternity) those who come to God through Him, since He is always living to make petition to God and intercede with Him and intervene for them.

Hebrews 7:25 (New International Version - UK)
25 Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

Hebrews 7:25 (Young's Literal Translation)
25whence also he is able to save to the very end, those coming through him unto God -- ever living to make intercession for them. [/b]

I am in the month of the conclusion of my 65th year. I don’t know all things. I like the Apostle Paul and all others “see through a glass darkly”. But I’m not totally in the dark. The Holy Spirit has revealed the light and truth of the Word of God to me, albeit in part. But I want to share with you truth and light that is not in part but is totally complete. It’s truth and light are the foundation of all truth and light and blessed hope.

Before I begin, I thank Almighty Jehovah God for His infinite patience and mercy with me and for me. I thank My Holy God for His greatest Gift of Love, given personally to me according to my faith in His promise of a Savior. This Savior came, and has saved me by His Sacrifice, shedding His own blood on my behalf for all my sins, past, present, and future. In other words, all my activities, thoughts, passions and desires that are led by my flesh are consumed by His shed blood for me.

My sin brought my flesh under condemnation. My condemnation was hopeless because there was nothing I could offer to God to atone for my sins. Nothing yesterday, today, or tomorrow. I was hopelessly and helplessly condemned forever and ever. Our God saw my wretched and pitiful state and had mercy and favor upon me. He sent Himself in the person of His own Son, God made man, to be a perfect substitute for me. His perfect Son offered the perfect Sacrifice for me. Alleluia. Glory be to God on high. I think we can just stop and worship right here. Thank You Jesus.

The Father chose to place a bridge between Himself, Who is infinitely Holy, and wretched fallen man (that’s me and you). That bridge, that mediator, that intecessor, is the the Lord Jesus Christ, the Messiah, the Anointed One. He took my place on Calvary.

Now please listen to me very carefully. Hebrews 7:25 above says that those who come to God “through Him” are the ones who benefit from this sacrifice. Please note in these translations that this text does not change or vary, “through Him” is used in all of them without variation. My friend, neither does the Word of God vary. It is without change or variation and therefore he/she who places his/her faith in the Lord Jesus Christ has placed his/her feet on and built their house upon the Rock of Salvation. Somebody ought to be crying out in worship and thanksgiving. I have to cry out in love and joy at the term the KJV uses in verse 25, “save them to the UTTERMOST” (emphasis mine). That means to me, that when I place my eternal hope for salvation on nothing more or less than the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, I am saved to the UTTERMOST.

That means to me that there is nothing I can add to it to be any more saved than I already am. Why? Because His sacrifice for my corrupted flesh was complete. There was no condition left to meet. It is all over. God provided “the Way”. When I placed my faith in “His Way alone”, then I became saved to the uttermost and my salvation does NOT depend on anything else I have done, am doing, or can do. It is by faith alone. My faith is in His Promise, and His perfection. Please, let’s anchor this scripture in the verses that follow. You can check out other translations if you like, but I choose to use the Amplified Bible for reference here:

Hebrews 7:26 (Amplified Bible)
26[Here is] the High Priest [perfectly adapted] to our needs, as was fitting--holy, blameless, unstained by sin, separated from sinners, and exalted higher than the heavens.

Perfectly adapted! Alleluia. That means to me that there is nothing I can add to it, EVER! I entered into His Rest by FAITH! Nothing else. Nothing else, my friend. Nothing. Else. But wait, there’s more…..

Hebrews 7:27 (Amplified Bible)
27He has no day by day necessity, as [do each of these other] high priests, to offer sacrifice first of all for his own [personal] sins and then for those of the people, because He [met all the requirements] once for all when He brought Himself [as a sacrifice] which He offered up.

Note that there is no day to day necessity, either for the priests, or the people. “He met all the requirements”. That means to me that they are all met. I hope it means that to you dear friend. Because without this blessed Hope, there is NO HOPE!!! With this HOPE, there is nothing else needed to be added for salvation. I am saved by unmerited favor (grace) through “FAITH”.

If anyone has or is attempting to place you back in bondage with religious obligation for salvation, subjecting you to themselves rather than the Lord Jesus Christ, understand one thing. That person, ever how well intended, is a liar and a thief. They are the blind leading the blind, and you are both headed for a ditch, that is, destruction.

Oh, I want to move on to Ephesians here, but let me just conclude our consideration of what the writer of Hebrews is sharing…..

Hebrews 7:28 (Amplified Bible)
28For the Law sets up men in their weakness [frail, sinful, dying human beings] as high priests, but the word of [God's] oath, which [was spoken later] after the institution of the Law, [chooses and appoints as priest One Whose appointment is complete and permanent], a Son Who has been made perfect forever.(A)

The Word of God’s oath chooses and appoints as priest only One. How many? Only One. If God only appointed ONE, how can there be “others” today claiming to be priests? The Word of God tells us how in this verse. They are set up by the Law in their weakness. Frail, SINFUL, dying human beings as high priests. The Word above says that His appointment is complete and permanent! That means that there is nothing else to be added for my eternal hope…or yours.

The key factor here, is coming to God through Him. One Way, Jesus, or lost. Not by the apostles and prophets. Not by the priests and preachers. Not by the pastors and writers of books. Not by the laying on of hands. Not by being slain in the spirit. Not by the observance of holy days or not observing days or anything else. Not by serving in the tabernacle day and night. Not by offering your own body as a sacrifice.

I could go on and on, but volumes would not contain all of mans contriving to his own pride filled works to add to what Jesus did once and for all. History books are full of them. For a concise reference of such, simply read “The Story of Christianity – Julio Gonzales”. Lets continue here in Hebrews please.

Friend, I would that you stop right here and open your bible to Hebrews, chapter 8. Please read each and every verse carefully.
For the sake of brevity, I move to the final two verses….

Hebrews 7 (Amplified Bible)
12For I will be merciful and gracious toward their sins and I will remember their deeds of unrighteousness no more.(C)
13When God speaks of a new [covenant or agreement], He makes the first one obsolete (out of use). And what is obsolete (out of use and annulled because of age) is ripe for disappearance and to be dispensed with altogether.

Who will remember their deeds of unrighteousness no more? Almighty God, my friend. If God remembers our deeds no more, that means that all we have done or will do according to the flesh are remembered no more and God will never again bring them up. Alleluia. Not on judgement day. Not ever.

The old convenant has been dispensed with altogether. If this is so, and surely it is, why do we as individuals, and our church leaders in particular still set the example of daily sacrifice in whatever form of bondage they choose to robe it in?

Salvation became complete when Jesus said it is “finished”. We enter into this salvation lacks that nothing by faith. Oh I tell you I need to write a book, not for monetary gain, but just to share with you all the things that are running through my spirit as this moment that you need to know. But let me say this, nothing I could write would be any more important than what I am writing here. Nothing I write here could be more important nor take the place of the Word of God. So please, never take another man’s word for it. It is the Holy Spirit Who leads and guides into all truth. All truth is contained in the Holy Word of God. There is no substitute for reading the Word of God prayerfully, asking the Holy Spirit to reveal it’s truth and life. But this one thing I know according to His Holy Word. If His Son Yeshua has saved me, I am saved “TO THE UTTERMOST”. Glory to God. Glory to God, now and forever more!

Now we simply must remember that only “through Him” are we saved to the uttermost. There is no other way than by faith in His shed Blood offered for all our sins. Lets just take another moment or two together and listen to what the Spirit is saying through Paul the apostle…..

Ephesians 2:8 (Amplified Bible)
8For it is by free grace (God's unmerited favor) that you are saved ([a]delivered from judgment and made partakers of Christ's salvation) through [your] faith. And this [salvation] is not of yourselves [of your own doing, it came not through your own striving], but it is the gift of God;

Friend, how could it be any more clear than the simple truth above? Is your eternal hope anchored in the Lord Jesus Christ? Are you saved to the uttermost? Or is your day a day of torment and uncertainty, along with your sleepless nights? Do you have your checklist of favor points with God that you perform each day, or have you entered into His Rest? Is your teacher a man, or the Holy Spirit?

It is my heart in all of this to first obey God. I woke up with all of this on my heart today. I have only shared with you the highlights of what could be said. But I don’t want to submerge you and overwhelm you. I want the Word of God to do that by the Holy Spirit working in your own heart, leading you to faith. It is THE gift of God.

God gave us favor that none of our works could ever merit. It is our believing and our blessed hope in what God has already done that delivers us from judgement and makes us partakers of the salvation of the Messiah. How? Through faith. Not of works, not of ourselves, not of our own doing, or the doing of any other man or woman. It comes not through our own striving. It comes through Him. When we come through Him, beloved, according to the Word of God, we are saved to the uttermost, once and for all, forever and ever, Amen!

Regarding our acts of worship and prayer, bible reading and service. We do these things because we are already saved to the uttermost, not to become saved.

In His mercy and grace,

"O"

2008/8/8 13:17Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy