SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Your Prayers Needed

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

roaringlamb wrote:
She has told me that she never loved me and that anytime she said it was to try to convince herself that she did.

Wow! if she said that you might be better off with a divorce, how can anyone stay married to someone that don't love them? just wondering.

2008/8/7 22:25Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
I still love her and am willing to do whatever it takes for restoration.

My husband had found someone else and in his guilt he was tearing me to shreds. After I turned everything over to God I went and told my husband that he was free to go, and that he could have anything that he wanted.

Within an hour God changed his heart.

2008/8/7 23:14Profile
mamaluk

Re:

Quote:
how can anyone stay married to someone that don't love them? just wondering.

Nothing is impossible with God, many Christians stay in their marriages for the sake of Christ's righteousness and the sake of His good Name. For His testimony...not easy...for sure

2008/8/7 23:31Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Quote:
Wow! if she said that you might be better off with a divorce, how can anyone stay married to someone that don't love them? just wondering.

Brother when I consider all the times I have told Christ I did not love Him, I see it as a very Christ-like deed to bear with her in this.

Love bears all things.

2008/8/7 23:41Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

I wanted to let you all knnow that I feel that prayer is working, my wife seems to be under some conviction based on her anger, and strange behavior.

I believe our God is at work!

2008/8/7 23:44Profile
mamaluk

Re:

Quote:
Love bears all things.

Amen! Brother ..love is patient, love is kind..

Precious love of the utmost kind.

I'm encouraged by your spirit, Roaringlamb, and will be praying without ceasing for the Lord to restore your beloved wife to you.

In Christ
mamaluk

2008/8/7 23:46Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

MrBillPro wrote:

Quote:

MrBillPro,

I love you, but this has to be the worst council I have heard on SI in the last 6 months. This is nothing less then wicked council and has flesh written all over it.

If this was from a non-Christian, I could understand more why it would be said.

Brother roaringlamb,

She is your wife. Love her exactly as you are trying to do. Look to the Lord for your council and not to us men, who can lead you into destruction. I for one will pray for you and your wife.

2008/8/8 0:00Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi HeartSong…

Quote:

Do you realize that right here you have stated that you are right and she is wrong? That in effect you have drawn a dividing line? That your view of God is proper and that hers is foolish?

I would like to add something here.

If what our brother said is true, then he [u]IS[/u] right and she [u]IS[/u] wrong. This “dividing line” is drawn in the Word of God. There is [u]no[/u] scriptural defense for this woman’s behavior.

I say this from experience, because my sister is doing the same thing right now! She decided to leave her husband…and is talking divorce. Her husband is a good, strong Christian man. He doesn’t cheat or abuse her in any way. However, my sister decided to separate herself from him just after the New Year. My sister is even now speaking about her husband in past tense (her “ex-husband”). Her lifestyle has suddenly become extremely liberal – yet she tries to maintain her faith. She even forwards emails about praying for people that she knows. It is all a bit perplexing! Worse – this same sister used to preach to me in tears about Christ while I was an agnostic teen!

Recently, we learned that my sister has started to “see” another man. This man doesn’t even pretend to love Jesus. She found him on “MySpace” – and he regularly mocks God. Yet my sister justifies this relationship because she says that she is “human” and is prone to human desires. She tells me that there is 0% hope for her marriage. She claims that she never loved her husband, even though they have been married for quite about ten years! I have tried to reason with her from Scripture, but she doesn’t want to hear it. She tells me to either change the subject or she promptly ends the telephone call. She claims to still love Christ. I tell her that if she loved Him, she would do as he says.

So, in a sense, she is trying to hold her “chin” up high. She just doesn’t comprehend the gravity of her actions! She SHOULD bow her head in shame! She has ruined a good marriage, devastating the heart of a good Christian man (and a great provider – both spiritually and physically), and insured that their two year old little boy will grow up in a broken home!

I’ve told my sister that I can’t shake the image of her in a few years, holding her hands upon her head, and asking, “[i]What have I done?!?[/i]” In the past few months, this sister who used to call me up four or five times a week has called me twice. Is she under conviction for her conduct? She should be! Deep down, I am confident that she knows that she is doing wrong. I have a feeling that she thinks that she can enjoy the pleasures of her sin for a while…and repent later. In other words, she wants the best of both worlds. Worse – there are actually some “Christian” women who “understand” her “situation” and are “encouraging her” through this decision. My wife told me to tell her that those women are as pathetic with their carnal advice as Job’s friends.

I’m sure that our brother is not perfect. Yet neither is my brother-in-law. However, there are times in which a good woman – raised in the things of God – can fall prey to the lies of the Devil. This carnal “wisdom” and acceptance of divorce is shocking! Yes, there are a couple of circumstances in which divorce is an option. But deciding that the love wasn’t “real” is NOT one of them! It is a shame to even consider such a thing!

My brother-in-law has gone through an extremely difficult time over the past seven months. His heart still aches badly. Not only is he feel unloved and rejected by my sister, but he is also aware of the ramifications that this causes their only son. My wife nearly wrote an email to my sister the other day. She simply wanted to tell her the truth in all of its glorious bluntness. I cautioned her to use tact or not write at all. However, I am beginning to wonder: Maybe a blunt revelation of truth is what my sister needs to hear?

I’m sure that our brother’s case is very different from the situation with my sister and her husband. But the Word of God can be applied to both of these cases. There SHOULD be a bit of shame in regard to such things! Sin is shameful! Disobedience is shameful! I remember reading an article about Bill Cosby (the actor). He was speaking to the NAACP and he was nearly booed off the stage. He asked why African Americans continue to blame “white folks” when someone gets shot for an armed robbery in which the burglar stole pound cake from a convenience store. He questioned why that young African American man didn’t contemplate the shame that such action would cause to his mother and grandmother! In other words, there should be SHAME when we cross a moral or spiritual line. Cosby argued that modern society is making excuses for immoral behavior. A deadbeat dad should feel ashamed! An unwed mother should feel ashamed! Why? Because they have broken a higher law!

Sadly, many of today’s modern and more “liberal” churches preach an overwhelmingly humanistic view of sin. “Nobody’s perfect.” It is time for the people of God to rise up and admit that, while nobody on Earth is perfect, a lack of much desire to purify ourselves as a spotless bride is incredibly shameful! Today, we have a Church – the bride of Christ – who is NOT making herself ready and justifying it anyway!

I am praying for our dear brother. I cannot pretend to imagine his pain. This hurts me deeply, particularly since it hits close to home. However, I know from the Word just what the will of God is in this situation. God does not want for this divorce to happen. God wants this woman’s heart to be turned back to her husband. She cannot treat her marriage covenant with contempt or insignificance. There are eternal consequences involved here. This bride might not fully understand the impact that her decision will have on her life!

I know that the Lord understands our brother’s pain. Our Lord came unto his own…and his own received him not. Jesus understands what is like to be rejected. His chosen bride, the nation of Israel, rejected him upon his arrival. In fact, the entire world forsook him as he hung from a tree. Yet the overwhelming love of God was so strong that he was willing to suffer this – for the joy that was set before him (Hebrews 12). I pray that our brother’s joy may be made complete in the future. I pray that the heart of his bride may be rekindled…and that she no longer gives an ear to the “easy way out” thoughts or advice that she hears or considers. I pray that this marriage may be restored in the manner in which God desires.

Brother, I am praying for you. My wife is visiting one of her sister’s tonight (helping set up her classroom). I miss her greatly. I called her earlier to ask her to pray for you. She and her sister are praying tonight. Dear brother, be encouraged. May your heart remain broken in all of this…because this is the type of heart that the Lord will not despise. When you have a moment, please remember my sister and her husband too. My brother-in-law is experiencing this same heart-wrenching agony. Yet he is comforted in the fact that God is with him – understanding every hurt.

May our Lord lovingly soothe your heart with the oil of his grace heart even now! Continue to love your wife -- and show her this love -- even as Christ loved the Church and gave himself for us. Reveal your love to her through a poem, song, flowers, etc... -- with the holy passion of Solomon for the Shulamite woman! Demonstrate your undying love for her -- and remind her of the love that caused her to say "I do."

:-)

2008/8/8 0:16Profile
learn

Re:

Praying

2008/8/8 1:24Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Thank you brother, it is amazing that my wife too has women around her that "support" her. The y tell her things like, "sometimes things just don't work out", or "a divorce can actually be a blessing in disguise".

No I am not perfect, but I rejoice in One who is. He brought us together, and honestly only He can take us apart.I have seen His hand in differing ways in this, I have seen Him provide for us so wonderfully through our marriage.

But I do see that the stage is set for His glory alone to be the reason that this works.

I love my wife, even in the midst of her troubles just as Christ loving guides us and tends our wounds in ours.

It is painful at times, but I realize that the creature had taken the place where only my Creator should occupy. In His wonderful love, He has chastened me. As the Psalmist says, "before I was afflicted, I went astray."

I have realized that it is one thing to say that God is sovereign, it is quite another to actually live in the light of that from moment to moment. To see with the eyes of faith where no one else sees anything but death and failure.

But to God be glory and honor because He truly is worthy of all.

I will pray for your sister and her brother-in-law as it is an eerily similar situation. Check you PM brother as I have a question to ask that may help your brother-in-law in this.

2008/8/8 1:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy