Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Just needing to share

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
learn

Re:

MaryJane, sorry to sidetrack a bit.

Krispy, this is my last post to you on this thread here because there's no point getting into an 'arguement/debate'. If you bothered to read my posts properly, you will notice that there's more to just feelings. There's confession and there's actions too. In fact, from my very first post, I've already combined the action and feeling ie 'it all works all together' as you mentioned in your last post, but you seemed to misinterpret my repentance to be only 'feeling' and furthermore misdefine repentance to not include the feeling of remorse part. I've even clarified it further in my 2nd post, however you chose to focus as if all it was mentioned was 'feelings only'. Furthermore,if one just do the action, then one is nothing more than a Pharisee.

I'm going to turn the other cheek and not post further if you so wish to subsequently post further.

2008/8/8 9:34Profile

Re:

[b]learn[/b]... uhmmm... I wasnt even responding to anything you said. I was addressing the person who asked the original questions.

I didnt necessarily disagree with anything you said, I was trying to clarify my own thoughts on this as requested by the original poster.

I wasnt arguing with you. To be honest, I hadnt really paid much attention to what you wrote in your last post.

So turn the other cheek if you must, but I never even struck the your cheek.

Couple pieces of advice if you're going to engage in conversation on this forum, or any other forum for that matter... you must realize that most of the time you cant take things too personally. Secondly, we all tend to "read into" what others write thru our own glasses of perception (often [b]mis[/b]perception).

Thirdly... not everything revolves around you. As in this case. You or your post or your words never even entered my mind when I was clarifying myself for the original poster.

... and then you (foolishly) accused me of arguing with you? You're arguing with yourself because I certainly wasnt arguing with you.

I dont have any ill feelings against you... I'm not mad... in fact, I'm rathered humored by it. That came at me out of left field.

And for the record, I dont necessarily disagree with what you've said on this thread. So if it's a fight or an argument you're looking for... you're like a coon dog barking up a tree not realizing there ain't no coon up there!

Krispy

2008/8/8 11:04
learn

Re:

I'm just going to do a quick last reply.

Krispy, when you quoted me and 'corrected my quotes', wouldn't it be common sense that I had to clarify my position to you . And BTW, it has nothing to do with all me. I'm very familiar in forums and can stand a lot of heat. I just chose to put how I used to answer previously etc where I can really show how a person has make a fool of himself when I became a Christian.

The main reason why I chose not to argue with you is because I've seen how your posts here are in many of the other threads. And your latest post just confirmed it.

I will not debate with you further and this time will really honour turning the other cheek to your posts.

2008/8/8 11:59Profile

Re:

Not sure why you're so offended and mad at me. I'm sorry you feel that way. I hope that as time goes by, and you spend more time here you'll come to understand that my intentions are not as you seem to perceive them to be. Unfortunately at this point and time you've drawn some judgements about me that I can not help.

Until then... just know that I love you, and that in the post that seemed to make you so mad... I wasnt even talking to or about you, nor was I even responding to anything you wrote... mainly because I didnt necessarily disagree with you.

You accuse me of debating with you... but I'm not. THe only thing I may be debating with you about is the fact that I wasnt debating you... and how silly is that?

Krispy

2008/8/8 13:13
boG

Las Vegas, NV

Re: hating sin

Here are a few Scriptures for you:

[b]Psalms 119[/b]
[b]101[/b]. I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word.

[b]Psalms 119[/b]
[b]104[/b]. Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

[b]Psalms 119[/b]
[b]128[/b]. Therefore I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to be right; and I hate every false way.

[b]Psalms 139[/b]
[b]24[/b]. And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

[b]Proverbs 8[/b]
[b]13[/b]. The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

[b]Proverbs 15[/b]
[b]10[/b]. Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die.

[b]Jonah 3[/b]
[b]8[/b]. But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily unto God: yea, let them turn every one from his evil way, and from the violence that is in their hands.

[b]Jonah 3[/b]
[b]10[/b]. And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

[b]Jeremiah 36[/b]
[b]7[/b]. It may be they will present their supplication before the LORD, and will return every one from his evil way: for great is the anger and the fury that the LORD hath pronounced against this people.

[b]Ezekiel 3[/b]
[b]18[/b]. When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
[b]19[/b]. Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

[b]However, this must always be remembered !!![/b]

[b]James 1[/b]
[b]20[/b]. For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

Indeed, we should hate evil but even if we do this let us not be deceived lest we should trust in ourselves. To say mistakenly, "I shall never taste of sin which my soul abhors." Let us not be deceiving ourselves and esteem more highly of self than we ought! For this we do, hating every evil way, because our Lord hates sin and is angry with everyone who practices iniquity. However, it is not the wrath of man which works righteousness but it is the Wrath of God that was appeased in the sufferings of Christ Jesus as the sacrificial offering for sins so that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him!

And, neither shall we hate every evil way because the paths therein shall end in our destruction. But in this: because the Lamb who was slain is worthy to receive the rewards of His sufferings!

Those who are forgiven much love much. It does Not say those who are guilty much or are remorseful much. Repent and be saved by grace through faith in Christ alone. For it is not the wrath and judgment of God against sin that leads sinners to repentance ...

Hear this!

[b]Romans 2
4[/b]. Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?

[b]4[/b]. Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

O magnify the praises of the Lord!

[b]Acts of the Apostles 26
20[/b]. but [Paul] kept declaring both to those of Damascus first, and also at Jerusalem and then throughout all the region of Judea, and even to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, performing deeds appropriate to repentance.

[b]Matthew 3
8[/b]. Therefore bear fruit in keeping with repentance !

Even a wicked heart as mine has known that it is not the fiery indignation of God that has broken my heart unto love of Him but much rather the great mystery of His loving-kindness towards me. The waves of His gentle-kindess and the soft breezes of His mercy bruise my heart and bend my knees and shatter my wicked heart to pieces.

Were God to condemn me and cast me into outer darkness I could understand it ... but who can endure this great Love wherewith He has loved us?

2008/8/8 20:07Profile

Re:

I want to apologize to everyone for my responses on this post. I'm still kinda scratching my head wondering how it went off course... but I've been told that some of my comments were rude, and for that I apologize.

I honestly wasnt debating anything that [b]learn[/b] had to say, and was a bit surprised by his reactions to what I had to say. None the less, I think that my responses to [b]learn[/b] from that point on were perhaps out of line. I dont know, y'all be the judge.

I just wanted to apologize for playing a part in that discourse.

Krispy

2008/8/11 8:38
learn

Re:

We have settled this through pm. Would greatly appreciate it if people do not reply with regards to this matter so as not to possibly inflame this. Thanks.

2008/8/11 10:59Profile

Re: Just needing to share

Mary Jane,
you are a precious sister in the Lord, and you KNOW that God hears your prayers, feels your struggles, bears your heartache, and the Precious Blood of Jesus cleanses us all.

God love you today sister, and may He grant Grace and Peace unto you in Jesus' Name....amen.

2008/8/13 6:32
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

MaryJane as I read your posts they touched my heart.

It got me thinking of one of the first meetings I attended. During the week I had been thinking to myself. I have got to life together I've got to get myself sorted out.

As I was sitting in the meeting the preacher start saying some of you have been thinking. "I have got to life together I've got to get myself sorted out" that is my Spirit talking to you says God.

God in his mercy was reaching out to me drawing me in and convincing me that I needed to sort myself out. The only place I could think to get that help that I needed was with God.

This is what I believe he is doing with you. I believe he is drawing you into a deeper walk with him but the hinderances (sin) must be cleared away. Thats why he is highlighting them to you. He wants to help you he wants to be closer to you.

Cry out for help. Make it your mission over the next period of time to get the freedom that God wants to give you. Press in my Sister and find out how good God is. Don't give up until you get the freedom and a deeper walk with God.

Isaiah 55:6-8 Seek ye Jehovah while he may be found; call ye upon him while he is near, let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; and let him return unto Jehovah, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith Jehovah

2008/8/13 17:31Profile
reformer

Re:

Quote:
If you find there is no conviction at all over sin, no remorse, no godly sorrow... then you better take a look at yourself because that is a sign that a) you're not truly saved, or 2) you've been "given over". I dont think this applies to you at all, but this is a place you dont want to be.

I agree with you on this...more so on your second point. I believe God will chasten the believer to the point that he or she is given over to there sin. Why would God tolerate a specific sin over and over? We may get to the point where the sin and failure is to much and then quitting sets in. but more so than before in the past. A different feeling takes over to where you know God has taken grace away and has given you over. Such as king Saul.

How do I know this...because it has happened to me!
:cry:

2008/8/13 20:53Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy