SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Help

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Help

Dear Sermonindex,

I need help desperately. I've been a "Christian" for five years. The reason I put "Christian" in quotes is because I don't know if I'm a Christian. I haven't ever known if I'm a real Christian. For the last five years, I've always felt miserable, confused, and anxious. I'd say that as the years have gone by, the misery, confusion, and anxiety have gotten worse.

Now I'm a broken mess. I can't even describe how horrible I feel. I've desired strongly for my life to end. Obviously that hasn't happened and the pain is still here and seems like it will never go away. I don't know what to do.

I've listened to all of Leonard Ravenhill's sermons and all of Paul Washer's sermons. I can recite to you the Way of the Master. I used to open air preach and pass out gospel tracts.

I don't know what to do.

I've asked God more than once to help me.

Can someone please help me?

2008/8/6 2:04
JoanM

Re: Help

YES! dear one with a heart for God. Remember what you do know and have seen of God. Specifics.

Do you recall what preceeds both new birth and revival? You are not alone.

praying

WITH CONFIDENCE IN GOD

2008/8/6 2:40Profile

Re:

Is there anyone that has joy and peace? I don't mean just for a day or a month but a consistent joy and peace.

2008/8/6 9:49

Re:

*Sigh* :-(

2008/8/6 17:03
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re:

Joy and peace are found in the heart of one who
is fully yielded to God. Have you given your life
over to Jesus?? Only He can make it new!!

2008/8/6 17:34Profile

Re:

I don't know what it means to give my life over to Jesus.

2008/8/6 17:41
learn

Re:

Paulmcg1, you may/may not have been a Christian before but I do tend to believe this. That if you were not before, God is bringing/urging you now to become one. Pray to God that you be one of his children. Pray, plead, cry uncessingly until He opens the door. He will open the door, you need only ask. Also, ask Him to forgive all your sins. Ask God to help you repent and show you your errors.
(There has been people, example Charo Wahser who is Paul Washer's wife) who was not a Christian (although she initially thought she was) until many years later--her testimony can be found I believe in HeartcryMissionary website or you can try googling for her name)

Also, whether you are/are not a Christian, pour out your brokeness to God. Tell him your feelings and you do not know what to do. Tell God that you don't even know whether you are a Christian or not. Ask God to accept you as a child of God. Ask him to lead you. Ask Him to open up your heart. If you are scared etc, also tell Him that.

He will open up and heal you, sometimes in ways that you never expected. When we are sincere, he will bless us in more than we ever asked for

2008/8/6 17:41Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re:

Have you ever been married?? Giving your life
over means you put God's interests and needs
before your own!!

2008/8/6 17:43Profile
learn

Re:

I will give you a sample prayer taken from an ex-Catholic person

Jesus, I want to know You. Please reveal Yourself to me and make the Bible come alive for me. I want to be clean and start over again. Please forgive my sins. Wash them away and set me free. I want to live right. Please change my heart. Help me love what You love and turn away from things that displease You. You know what's best for me. I want to do things Your way. Please be the Lord of my life. Teach me to love the way You love. Help me be faithful to You. Thank you for loving me and for hearing this prayer. Thank you for being my Lord and my Saviour

2008/8/6 17:48Profile

Re:

Thanks learn for responding.

Many times I've asked God to make me a real Christian if I wasn't. I've not only prayed but I've pleaded and I've cried. I don't know if He's "opened the door" yet, if He's made me a real Christian.

I've also asked Him to forgive all my sins, help me to repent, and show me all my errors.

I've listened to Charo Washer's testimony.

Nowadays, it's hard but I do try to "pour out my brokeness to God." Quickly I become discouraged and don't last long. I guess I look back over the last five years and see how everything has been and never see it changing but getting worse.

To sum it all up, I've told God all the things you told me to tell Him but it always seems like He doesn't help.

Thank you again.

2008/8/6 18:03

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy