SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : MUST HEAR: Wow…This Testimony Will Bless You!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
tjservant

Indiana USA

MUST HEAR: Wow…This Testimony Will Bless You!!!

This testimony will bless your socks off! A young girl at college thinks she’s saved…then it happens!

The testimony is found a short way down the home page of her blog. It was compiled by a friend and consists of pictures in video form. She delivered this to a large crowd of her pears at the University of Florida. Praise God!

Click [url=http://www.denyyourselfdaily.blogspot.com/]here[/url]

2008/8/5 21:59Profile
Ruach34

Beijing

Re: MUST HEAR: Wow…This Testimony Will Bless You!!!

Yeah, this is solid.

Confirms the difference...difference between preaching that patronizes folks and preaching that convicts folks.

The whole difference...the Holy Spirit of God.

this quote was found on iGoogles daily devotion from yesterday...

Quote:
Donald Grey Barnhouse helps with the distinction between the general call of the gospel and the effectual call to salvation. “If men heed no more than the outward call, they become members of the visible church. If the inward call is heard in our hearts, we become members of the invisible church. The first call unites us merely to a group of professing members; but the inward call unites us to Christ Himself, and to all that have been born again.
“The outward call may bring with it a certain intellectual knowledge of the truth; the inward call brings us the faith of the heart, the hope which anchors us forever to Christ and the love which must ever draw us back to Him who first loved us. The one can end in formalism, the other in true life. The outward call may curb the tendencies of the old nature and keep a soul in outward morality; the inward call will cure the plague that is in us and bring us on to triumph in Christ” (God’s Heirs: Exposition of Bible Doctrines . . . , vol. 7, pp. 171, 172)

2008/8/6 9:04Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: MUST HEAR: Wow…This Testimony Will Bless You!!!

Love the quotes on her blog;

"[i]We must be clothed with humility; for the proud in spirit are those that cannot bear to be trampled upon, but grow outrageous, and fret themselves, when they are hardly bestead. That will break a proud man's heart, which will not break a humble man's sleep. Mortify pride, therefore, and a lowly spirit will easily be reconciled to a low condition.[/i]" -Matthew Henry

"[i]Man's Sensitivity to trivia, and his insensitivity to matters of major importance, reveal he has a strange disorder.[/i]"
-Blaise Pascal

"[i]Most people lack the true repentance. They lack the true contrition, the true brokenness. They are void of urgent desperation. They don't have a true relationship to Jesus Christ. They just "hang around" Jesus... And they do not know what it means to bow to that which is eternal. To be concerned about that. They want a gospel that doesn't ask for repentance. They want a gospel that has no threats. They want a gospel that allows them to have some superficial attachment to Jesus, but not a bowing to His absolute sovereignty at any cost. They want a gospel that fixes them in this world to make them more comfortable. That's not it. And that's not what Jesus offers.[/i]"
—John MacArthur

Only managed to get half way through her testimony last night, but what an encouragement ... may her tribe increase.

2008/8/6 9:14Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
Only managed to get half way through her testimony last night, but what an encouragement ... may her tribe increase.

I hope you find the time to finish it brother…she was only getting warmed up in the first half!

2008/8/6 9:44Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Just in case some missed this....

2008/8/9 15:39Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy