SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : To the church and the nation of Britain given by Stewart Dool

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

To the church and the nation of Britain given by Stewart Dool

To the church and the nation of Britain
given by Stewart Dool

-------------------
This prophetic word received by Stewart Dool (who heads up Intercessors for Britain) in the week 23-27 July 2007. It has been weighed and tested by others in senior positions of ministry.
--------------------

I am about to send fire upon you, the fire of My judgment, and it will consume on the right and on the left. All who have spurned My ways and My words will reap what they have sown, for in My burning anger I will judge the gods in whom you have put your trust, the gods of materialism and covetousness. The gold and the silver will be taken from you, and your portion will be emptiness, desolation and vanity.

I will bring the stability of your currency into doubt, to show you that it is I alone who caused you to prosper in the past. I raised you to prominence among the nations and gave you authority over many peoples: so you became rich, and boasted in your wealth, but I will bring you low, and the nations over whom you once ruled will say “What has happened to this great nation?”

As you have feared other gods, and not feared Me, so I will visit your deeds upon you. Your idolatries have led you astray, and you have become like those before whom you bow down. I commanded your fathers that they should not fear the gods of the nations, but you have not obeyed Me. Therefore I have given you into the hands of abominations and all manner of uncleanness.

Darkness will envelope those who have led my people into false light, for I will no longer forbear in my wrath. I will blind them, and they shall stumble in the perversity of their ways. Many shall follow them into darkness and be taken in the snare of the wicked, for they have loved to wander, and they have not watched the path of their feet.

My people give heed to those who prophesy a lie, and they delight in the teachers of falsehood. They run to those who steal from them by their destructive heresies, for they cannot discern the paths of righteousness. A wave of deception is about to break forth that will sweep many away, therefore take heed to yourselves, and cling to the word of My truth. I am bringing My Church to a time of testing, and I will search the hearts of all who call upon My name, and I will know those who are mine, and they shall know their God.

My displeasure will be visited upon your Government, for those who rule over you have become offensive to Me, as they have set aside My laws and My statutes, exalting the wicked and despising My holy name. You have not abhorred bloodshed, therefore the blood of your sons and daughters will lie in your streets, until you learn that as the cry of the unborn calls to me for vengeance, so I shall require it of you.

All these things I will do, because you have rejected Me, and thought that your own power could save you. Yet even now, if you will cry out to Me, and turn from your wickedness, I will spare. Nevertheless, I will chasten you in measure, and you shall know that I am the Lord. My beloved ones, the hour of My patience will not continue much longer. I call your therefore to seek my face with earnestness and zeal, that I may extend compassion to your land and people.

2008/8/5 11:10Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: To the church and the nation of Britain given by Stewart Dool

Britain only deserves any judgment of God it gets.

How much more blasphemy is He supposed to take from a perverse people who hate Him?

Since this prophesy was a year ago, the economy in this nation has gone from bad to worse.

We are always saying, 'God is merciful' and 'God is love', and He is.

But, God hates sin.

I was reading Revelation this morning, and in chapter 2v6, 'But this you have, that you hate the deeds of the Nicolatians, which I also hate.

And again, in verse 15, Jesus says He hates the deeds of the Nicolatians.

I don't know who the Nicolatians were, but whatever they did, God hated it.

As it is, God is still extending His hand of mercy if we seek Him.

Will He find 10 perhaps, who will seek Him in this nation?

Perhaps. Perhaps not. God could not find 10 righteous in Sodom and the surrounding cities.

And Sodom had no Bible, a title of a book by Leonard Ravenhill.

This nation has had the Gospel for centuries.

We have no excuse.

But please, let's seek God.

God bless.

2008/8/5 11:35Profile
Limey153

Berkshire, England

I have long felt that the Laodicean church as mentioned in Revelation 3 is remarkably similar to the Church in Britain.

"Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked" Rev 3:17

Indeed let us pray and fast in great haste. May God forgive us. For even the Laodicean church were not beyond help as we read in verse 19 & 20:

"As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me."

2008/8/5 11:55Profile
davym

Quote:
It has been weighed and tested by others in senior positions of ministry.

What exactly does this mean? Seems to me this little statement was slipped in here in an attempt to validate what has been said here. If I'm right then you've attempted to legitimise this piece of spurious literature.

We must be very careful brothers and sisters. This sounds to me like an extra-biblical revelation.

There's a verse in the Bible that is very much overlooked in my opinion. It is the following

[i]For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book. If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book[/i]
[i]Rev 22:18[/i]

I'm well aware that Britain is sinking fast into heathenism and we need revival. Also I don't mean to suggest that Stewart Dool is not a genuine believer, but I just feel we cannot accept these horoscopic 'prohesies' because a certain group of [b]men[/b] have 'weighed and tested' them.

2008/8/5 13:27Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

The word of God tells us in Deuteronomy 18v22, 'When a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the thing does not happen or come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord has not spoken, the prophet has spoken it presumtuously, you shall not be afraid of him.'

So if it happens, we will know it is true. If not, we will know it is false. Simple.

Also, in Jeremiah 25v3 we read, '...this is the twenty third year in which the word of the Lord has come to me...

Twenty three years, and people still refused to listen.

Also, when the captives were taken to Babylon, Jeremiah was also taken.

Prophesy or no, the return of the Lord Jesus Christ draws closer with every breath we take.

Let's not be found wanting when He returns.

2008/8/6 9:11Profile

Re:

Hi Davym...you say that this post is a piece of spurious literature when it simply seems to be a word of prophecy. Now one can call into question, as Enid pointed out, a prophecy if it does not come to pass, but it cannot be dismissed as "extra Biblical reevelation.".....

For through the Spirit is given to one a word of wisdom; and to another a word of knowledge, according to the same Spirit;
1Co 12:9 and to another faith by the same Spirit; and to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:10 and to another workings of powers, to another prophecy; and to another discerning of spirits; and to another kinds of tongues; and to another the interpretation of tongues.
1Co 12:11 But the one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing separately to each one as He desires.

If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

1Co 12:28 And God set some in the church, firstly, apostles; secondly, prophets; thirdly, teachers, then works of power, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, kinds of languages.
1Co 12:29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of power?
1Co 12:30 Do all have gifts of healings? Do all speak languages? Do all interpret?
1Co 12:31 But zealously strive after the better gifts. And yet I show to you a more excellent way. ............Frank

2008/8/6 11:49
davym

Re:

Hi Frank

I personally believe that the gift of prophesy has ceased with the completion of the New Testament canon of Scripture.

[i]Charity never faileth: [b]but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail;[/b] whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
1 Cor 13:8[/i]

This verse taken in conjunction with the one quoted in my previous post (Rev 22:18) makes me uncomfortable with the modern gift of prophecy practised today.

However, I am not too dogmatic (I trust) to believe that I could not be wrong on this. Also, my post was unnecessarily strong and using language like 'spurious literature' was a little senseless, for which I apologise.

In hindsight it seems a little unwise for me to have posted what I did without first stating what my Biblical interpretation on this matter is. I don't want to be drawn into a debate on this as firstly it's not what this thread is about and secondly I've had them before and they're usually unprofitable. We're all on the same side here and let's not forget the most glorious of verses in 1 Cor surrounding the verse quoted above.

Sorry if this all sounds over diplomatic, but your quote struck a chord with me

Quote:
If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

God bless

David

2008/8/6 12:20Profile

Re:

Hi David, and God bless you too brother. As you, I do not have any desire to debate that issue, I agree , it is generally fruitless. I disagree with your interpretation of that Scripture, but good brothers can agree to disagree, its the putting away of pride. The only thing I would say to your own quote is that I beleive "That when the perfect has come," is an obvious reference to Jesus and the second coming given the context of the whole verse and chapter. Also, it must be obvious to all that knowledge is still with us. Actually your reply to me is at the very heart of this thread, because if you are correct in your interpretation, and chapters 12,13,14 are no longer apllicable to modern Christians, then the man that spoke this "prophecy," would be out of line. The great thing about all of us is that none of us are infallible, therefore there must be room for diagreement............brother Frank

2008/8/6 13:30
Compton

Re:

Can anyone tell us something about the UK organization, Newfrontiers?

2008/8/6 18:42Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy