SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Holy Spirit

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
BrianHagler

North-West Iowa

Holy Spirit

This may seen odd to many, but this lays heavy on my heart.

I have heard many say things about the Holy Spirit. Things like, "We have felt led to the mission field" or "I feel impressed by the Holy Spirit to preach this".

I don't see much in the way materials on the subject, I admit I don't visit the internet much or get my books from stores that want to give me my best life now.

I guess I've said all that for these questions. Does the Holy Spirit manifest itself differently in peoples lives. Maybe I need to pray for more discernment, maybe His voice is there or I've been prompted and not listened.

Is it a voice, our conscious, I guess I'm confused.

2008/8/4 21:53Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Holy Spirit

Good question.

The best advice I can give you is to immerse yourself in the word of God, prayer, and obeying God in all that you do. Pray that God would always make your heart like His, and that He would teach you what to say and do in any given situation. Pray for the mind of Christ. The more time you spend with God like this, the more you will recognize if He's calling you to do a specific task, or to speak certain words.

The more you become familiar with Him and His ways, the more you will hear.

2008/8/4 22:23Profile
rbanks

Ro 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Ro 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Ro 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Ro 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
Ro 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Ro 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

The Holy Spirit is not our conscience but is to influence our conscience.

The bible tells us that when we receive Christ into our lives we receive His Spirit. It goes on to tell us we are to live by the Spirit of God. We are to be continually filled with the Spirit. The Sons of God are lead by the Spirit of God (Holy Spirit).

We are to be born of the Spirit. We are to be filled with the Spirit. We are to be led by the Spirit.

When a person feels led by the Holy Spirit to do anything it is through prayer and the study of the scriptures learning to hear the voice of the Spirit. The Spirit reveals things to your spirit. The Spirit of God to the spirit of man. We are to check everything according to the Word of God. The Spirit will never lead you to depart from the Word of God. The Spirit and the Word are one. The life of the Spirit comes from the Word. The voice of the Spirit is the revealed Word of God to the Sons of God. The Holy Spirit leads and guides you into all truth. The Holy Spirit leads you in the ministry that God has for you.

Study the Word and seek God in prayer and He will show and reveal Himself more fully to you. Let the word of God become your delight He will not lead you where His grace will not keep you. Don't worry about everything else but getting to know God through the Word, God will not lead you into any ministry that He has not equipped you beforehand.

Blessings brother!

2008/8/4 22:40Profile
Ruach34

Beijing

Found this - Might it be helpful?
[url=http://www.tscpulpitseries.org/english/1980s/ts881017.html]Hearing the Voice of God[/url]

Isaiah 30:22-21
"Although the Lord has given you bread of privation and water of oppression, He, your teacher will no longer hide Himself, but your eyes will behold your Teacher. Your ears will hear a word behind you, 'This is the way, walk in it,' whenever you turn to the right or to the left."

2008/8/5 9:44Profile
adamdawkins

Re:

Quote:
When a person feels led by the Holy Spirit to do anything it is through prayer and the study of the scriptures learning to hear the voice of the Spirit. The Spirit reveals things to your spirit. The Spirit of God to the spirit of man. We are to check everything according to the Word of God. The Spirit will never lead you to depart from the Word of God. The Spirit and the Word are one. The life of the Spirit comes from the Word. The voice of the Spirit is the revealed Word of God to the Sons of God. The Holy Spirit leads and guides you into all truth. The Holy Spirit leads you in the ministry that God has for you.

Thank you for this. I've had to have a lot of debates with some Lakeland advocators lately, and have heard a lot done at 'the leading of the Spirit'.

This was exactly what I was trying to get across, and has refreshed me!

2008/8/6 20:17Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy