SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Fresh Fire is a False Fire

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

The Fresh Fire is a False Fire

Yesterday I went along to a meeting of Brent Brothwick(Fresh Fire) he is here in Scotland at the moment.

On one of the flyers that was going around for these meetings stated this.

Quote:
Brent recently received a significant word from God concerning revival in Scotland and the UK and has altered his very busy schedule in order to be with us for this historic time in the history of our Nation

So of I went to see what was being brought to our nation and what is being taught to the people.

After the singing it was time for testimonies every single one was about Angels and seeing them. There was 7 in total.

Next Brent gets on stage he starts preaching about the Kingdom of God has come. The scripture he used was

Matt 3:2 Repent ye; for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Matt 4:17 From that time began Jesus to preach, and to say, Repent ye; for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

This sounds good but the way he used these scriptures and twisted there meaning it was wrong. His teaching was basically change your thoughts so you can think diffrently and live a different way of life.

Next one up

Eph 4:22 that ye put away, as concerning your former manner of life, the old man, that waxeth corrupt after the lusts of deceit;
Eph 4:23 and that ye be renewed in the spirit of your mind,

Again a teaching on thinking differently we are told to put our hands on our heads and asked for our minds to be renewed. (Which I never did) The way truth is taken and twisted is so subtle. We don't need to think differently so we an be opened up to the supernatural.

All this about thinking differently is geared to get you opened up to the desire to see Angels.

All the while between scriptures theres all the stories of Angels. His personnel Angel is Gabriel we are told and he come to talk to him. That these things (seeing angles) are very common to him. You just need to open your heart and mind to them. Hence all the talk about changing the way you think.

Next scripture up

2Kgs 6:17 And Elisha prayed, and said, Jehovah, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And Jehovah opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

He started here with a scripture saying Elisha was man who lived in the supernatural. This is true Elisha he live in the supernatural this is a truth. But to use this verse to promote his teaching is wrong. Where in the bible does it tell us to listen to angels and to let them guide us. He is promoting that Elisha prayed that this man would be able to see the supernatural and that we to should be asking for it. Wrong wrong wrong.

Then I start to feel this precence in the building and start to pray. The preacher Brent has lost all train of thought he is standing holding his hand on his head. I have seen this before while watching the Toronto blessing before all the laughing breaks out. I am ready to run but stay cool and keep praying. People do start to laugh it looks and I feel like laughing could break out. I keep praying but ready to run at any moment.

He announces that his Angel Gabriel is standing at the back of the church he is angry and Brent says he is sacred to look at him right know. He says he wants him to tell everyone about angels.

Why? Is not Jesus the name that needs to be lifted up. Jesus the name above every other name.

Everything from here on in is rambling nonsense it was nothing about nothing. So I leave the meeting.

On hearing this teaching and experincing what went on. I conclude that this so called fresh fire is opening a door to the occult a False Fire. The people are being led like sheep to the slaughter.

There is a strong spirit of divination, along with a strong spirit of seduction in operation.

We as God’s people should have nothing to do with it and should warn others of the danger.

This man has brought a false move of God to my nation a false fire. He is decieved and is leading others into to deception.

Col 2:18 Let no man rob you of your prize by a voluntary humility and worshipping of the angels, dwelling in the things which he hath seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind.

Please Gods poeple don’t get involved in this fasle move of God wait and pray for God to send the real thing. Cry out for and groan and weep for it. He will hear our cries our groans and will come down to deliver us.

Colin

2008/7/28 9:45Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: The Fresh Fire is a False Fire

Quote:
He announces that his Angel Gabriel is standing at the back of the church he is angry and Brent says he is sacred to look at him right know. He says he wants him to tell everyone about angels.

This is a very clear sign of the "spirits" that are in control and in operation of these meetings. Truly this is deception and many are too weak spiritually and care not for the truth to be saved from this.

2008/7/28 10:41Profile

Thank you brother Colin for that clear testimony.

God bless and protect you.

These are evil times.

But we rest in the promises of Jesus, He is Lord and King.

2008/7/28 10:49
enid

Nottingham, England

False prophets seem to be the 'buzz' on all the discernment websites and Christian forums right now. It's understandable too.

Much as we might be getting sick and tired of hearing of these people, their exposure is necessary, to warn others not to listen to their deception.

We can only warn people, whether they listen or not is up to them.

As it is, in Matthew 24, after the disciples asked Jesus what would be the sign of His coming and the end of the age, Jesus replies,

'Take heed that no one deceives you', vs4

'Many will come in My name, vs5

'Then many false prophets will rise up to deceive many', vs11

'...look here is the Christ...vs23

'For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect' vs24

And so on.

This is Jesus Himself speaking, and look at how many times He warns of false prophets, false christs, and deception.

Hopefully, we will use God given discernment to avoid any deception.

2008/7/28 10:58Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Just an after thought.

Maybe that is why the Revival Conference is in Scotland.

2008/7/28 10:59Profile

Colin: I just brought up a couple of "Fresh Fire/Bentley threads, and a compilation done by Greg Gordon, the moderator and webmaster here.

In it I believe you will find the severity of the issues you are facing. It is extremely subtle. It teaches a method of prayer, very close to Hindi transcendentalism called "soaking" that teaches to drain the energies of the mind into a void, and soak. Then you concentrate out of the void into a guided imagery that brings a revelatory experience. It is purely of the ancient religions that literally manifest power for those angels that desire man's worship, and attention.

Bentley claims to have been to heaven many times, and received doctrinal understanding from Paul the Apostle and Abraham along with many, many encounters with angels, male and female that minister to him, around him, and of course everyone who receives them as part of his ministry. He supposedly has an imp tattooed on his leg, along with parts of a typewriter embedded in his face.[piercings] He has a tattoo or two...mostly grunge stuff with flames and symbols.

On a more serious note, he teaches that "fresh fire" "revival is about impartation. It appears to be real, as something grabs people and brings them through an invisible electric chair...violent quivering....and then many testify of angels appearing..and doing odd things, like disemboweling them, and stepping on their intestines. [There are many cheers for this.]

I have been one who has been very vocal sounding an alarm.[ many say too vocal, indeed.] To hear you, with an unsullied and independent report, from around the world, speak similar concerns, is an encouragement to me. Not that I glory in the exposing of it, but that I do so for the severity of it, and the great harm it has done, and intends to do. It would not surprise me if this Brent fellow, was not a forward guard of Bentley's, to prepare a visit to Scotland, as he plans to tour Europe in three weeks.

Perhaps the lord would lead you to warn others, and the young there, that this is seducing and powerful witchcraft and not a move of the Holy Spirit. It is a revival indeed, but of the ancient worship that began at Babylon, not a holy Pentecost.

My love and prayers in your fight.

2008/7/28 11:49
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Maybe that is why the Revival Conference is in Scotland.

Oh lets pray brothers and sisters!

2008/7/29 10:07Profile
sonofadam777

Rochester, New York

Re:

where is the compliation that Greg did about the false revival?

2008/7/29 10:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy