SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can Some One Give me Advice on a Game I play

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
PosterThread
rbanks

Re:

Quote:

Watered wrote:
Thanks much Heartsong for asking, well to tell you the truth i really want to play again hahaha, and i don't know what to do, i mean i uninstalled the game and i deleted my character but whenever i go over my friends house and see him play and have a lot of fun I'm like "man why cant i play" haha.

Just asking watered.

Is your friend a christian and are his parents christians? Do they know what their child is doing?

The reason I ask is because when something is wrong it's not just wrong for you it is also wrong for your friend.

Now if your friend is not a christian then the bible tells us not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers. We are told to come out from among them and be ye separate. We are told to not join them but to reprove the works of darkness.

Eph 5:7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
Eph 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
Eph 5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)
Eph 5:10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
Eph 5:12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
Eph 5:13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.
Eph 5:14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

Get strong in the Lord and don't go around the temptation at least until you are strong enough to witness your faith.

Blessings in Christ!

2008/8/7 16:28Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Hi Watered,

Yes, the temptation will be there - the enemy will do all kinds of things to try and draw you back in - he is desperate for your soul. He will put things in your mind, he will have others say things to you, he will try and trick you. When I was going through the temptation I carried a small fabric cross in my pocket - and every time I thought I might give in I would touch it and say to myself "do I really want this thing that is trying kill me, or do I want Jesus - I choose Jesus!"

Just keep turning to Him Watered - just keep turning to Him.

He will save you. For that is His promise.

2008/8/7 16:47Profile
JoanM

Re: The battle

Should the alcoholic, who just stopped drinking, sit with his friend in a bar and covet the man’s impersonation of batman standing on the bar?

Why didn’t it look like FUN, what you saw on the rock music video? Those at the concerts looked like they would say they were having fun. It did not look like fun to me.

Your games have that music and stuff from the same sourse. The video documents the purposeful INTENT of those who know about that music, write it, and perform it. You will probably live to see the documentary on these games. Maybe you will write it?

That music stuff is scary and scary is what you are dealing with too. [u]Does it scare you that it looks like fun to you[/u]? Odd that the TRUTH about evil scares people but the EVIL itself does not.

And what did you do this summer? Fight the good fight Watered. You are in it and you have our prayers.

2008/8/7 22:27Profile
Watered

Re:

I'm very sorry that i am posting this again, i just would like to say what has happend. A few posts ago i said that i deleted my character and gave my friend the account well i did delete my character but a few days ago my friend reibuted him and because of that i got my account back from him. The reason i am saying this is becuase a few posts back i said that i deleted my character and gave my friend my account well now that did not happen because my character got reinbuted and because of that i choose to keep my account. Although i do not have the game installed on my computer and also my account expires in a day so even if i had the game installed i would not be able to play it unless i renewed my account, and i do not plan on doing that. The only thing that is wrong with this is that it doesnt 100% eliminate this game because i can always reinstall it and reactivate my account because i still own the account and my character are still thier, but i do not plan on doing this at all. Was this a bad choice? Did a do the wrong thing? Again i'm sorry i'm posting this i just wanted to say what happend . Thank you much.

2008/8/11 22:35Profile
HeartSong

Re:

You need to delete it from your heart or it will always be after you - the Lord will do that for you if you ask Him.

2008/8/11 22:46Profile
JoanM

Re:

Amen, HeartSong.

Amen!

2008/8/12 0:38Profile
Watered

Re:

i'm sorry i'm posting again but i need help and i have a question to ask. I am beggining to be really really disguested by this game i mean i'm beginning to really hate it, and since most likly this game is bad i dont know what to do, i have my account still lik ei still own the password and the account has my address and all of that stuff and i dont know what to do, do i just leave my account alone and forget about the game or do i log on my account and then make everthing random so that i can not log on my account (example: i make the password: a;fdajp;herkaf or somthing crazy like that and i make the e-mail: a;ldsfoeij@hotmail.com so i cant get the password back) becuase this is sort of bothering me because if this game is demonic or bad i dont want any hint of it in my life.

i kind of wanted to start playing this game on the weekend not on the weekdays because i kind of dont have time, but i am afraid to sin and afraid to live in rebellion. The real problem was that i was not really convinced this game is bad and i am not gonna joke around, this game is alot of fun that is why i kind of wanted to play it so bad, becuase its just a really fun game to play. But since i asked your guys opinion on this game and most if not all of you guys said i should probably stop, well i am afraid of rebelling and sinning so i have not started playing again.

And i dont know if i was being convicted becuase this game was becoming an idol in my life aka being what i think about most and what i spend most of my time on or was i being convicted about the content of the game, i'm not exactly sure, maybe it was a little bit of both. I remeber i was sort of being convicted by the content of the game but over time i guess i kind of forgot the conviction and yea. But either way i kind of dont wanna play, i mean the game is alot of fun and it is fun to play when your bored and thier isnt really anyting else to do but again as i siad i dont want to sin and rebel.

So if anyone cna help me out on what i should do with my game account, or give me some advice on that that would be great. Thank you much

2008/8/27 20:54Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Hello Watered,
There will always be temptation here on earth - no matter what you do. That is why the Lord is teaching you to turn the Him. When you stand in Him, the temptation can be right at your door but you will be safe in His loving arms. Ask Him what He would have you do - for He is the key to all things - only He knows what is the right thing to do in all situations.

For of Him, and through Him and to Him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen. -Romans 11:36

2008/8/27 21:43Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Watered,

I think this really needs to stop as it not getting you anywhere ... By stop I mean stop asking for advice.

The best any of us can do is give you an opinion and there are plenty here. The only thing you can do and should do is to decide for yourself. [i]You[/i] and not any of us have to make up your mind. The one over arching question in situations like this is always, why did I bring it forth in the first place? If there wasn't something giving you some uncomfortably at the onset no reason would be necessary to be asking\seeking advice.

Quote:
So if anyone cna help me out on what i should do with my game account, or give me some advice on that that would be great. Thank you much

Why? Many have advised you already and to do so again would produce ...? Are you looking for an excuse, something to soothe your conscience. something to make it alright? Or are you after a stinging reproach that will shame you into a decision?

Do you see brother that this is between you and the Lord ultimately? It may be that this is all harmless 'fun' but I do not believe you even believe that, hence your dilemma and back and forth wavering between two decisions.

Now what is equally important is that none of us need to know your decision, you do not have to report back here with updates of your deleting or reinstating your account ... how many times has it been already?

Part of growing up is decision making, making [i]your own[/i] decisions not relying solely on the opinions of others. You live with the consequences and learn from them. You change your mind as more information comes and as your disposition is altered. You take things in and muse on them and hopefully compare it all with what God has already said.

Prayer. Even for someone likely twice your age I cannot tell you the importance of just praying, spending time alone with the Lord, pouring out your thoughts and disruptions and internal confusions, even this struggle you are having. It is not the answer that is immediate but the drawing off of yourself to Himself. It is almost very mysterious what the Lord will do in ways you are not really privy to until later - after some time has elapsed .. you do change despite yourself. It is often a battle and one that causes you to build some endurance to keep at it - something that will be transferable to the very struggles that you will have all throughout your life. I am not talking of sheer will power but cooperation out of obedience, something you must do - not 'have' to do.

This is far more than I care to go on about but I think the majority here want to be of some help to you and I am no different.

There are untold resources here brother, ply this site, dig into it's bowels, use the search engine and be creative. Challenge yourself to something deeper perhaps than a video game that has you so wound up over, are there not more pressing concerns all around you, even that your attention might be diverted to? Maybe you are in need of some sport to burn off excess energy, who knows? The possibilities are endless ...

I do not know what your capacity is at this stage to grasp this but will put it out for consideration;

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=8295&forum=35&post_id=&refresh=Go] Others May, You Cannot[/url]

Please do not misunderstand that is not a dig. You may find that you can continue to do what you do without any issues whatsoever but if it is the Lord who is convicting you, you will know it - Don't harden your heart against Him.

I will pray for you brother but am going to go ahead and lock this post just as well.

2008/8/28 0:02Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy