SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can Some One Give me Advice on a Game I play

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
Zionshield

Ohio

Re:

Watered,

I've enjoyed reading your posts and am pleased with the humilty the Lord has blessed you with. My friend, I must tell you I had been an avid gamer for many years. Especially strategy games wherein I could build an empire and go to war. This was very dangerous to my soul. I lived in these false adventures, ignoring the life He wanted for me. I was an addict and these were in essence idles...and I was in fact a spiritual adulterer. I remember one day when I was playing 1602A.D. on the computer the Lord made it very clear to me. There I was building an empire forsaking the right to reign with Him in the 1000 year reign of Christ on earth. My friend, present yourself a living sacrifice to the Lord and let Him transform your mind that you may see the grand epic adventure and battle that is raging in reality. Be a good soldier of the King, put on your armor and fight the battle of the ages in reality. I know you are young. It may help you to read Epic by John Eldredge to understand.

2008/7/27 21:47Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

It deals with the demonic and will be a bondage in your life without you even knowing it. I would not play those sort of games at all.

I [b]strongly[/b] encourage you to watch this video in light of this;

[b]Paul Washer - Shocking Message (full length)[/b]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuabITeO4l8

2008/7/27 21:56Profile
Limey153

Berkshire, England

Re: Can Some One Give me Advice on a Game I play

Dear friend, it is indeed good that you are seeking out what is best and so be encouraged here. I agree with the other posts, particularly in regards to watching Paul Washers youth message. I consider myself saved however I still like to watch and listen to these messages about genuine salvation because it is good to keep examining ourselves. I would say to you that it would also be important to pray regularly about this issue. Ask the Lord each day to take away your desire for these games and that he would show you how to bring every thought and action in subjection to his will. Bear in mind that though it may seem very difficult to give these things up, by asking the Lord to give you the strength to obey him, not only will it become easier but you will actually find that it is a great pleasure to abandon these pursuits. :-)

2008/7/28 4:17Profile
learn

Re: Can Some One Give me Advice on a Game I play

Sorry to hijack the thread. What about games like chess, boardgames, monopoly and cards? Thanks

2008/7/28 6:01Profile
Limey153

Berkshire, England

Re:

In regards to playing board games etc, i do think that many board games are fine. However I do not believe that card games are fine, please read an article on this link that shows the blasphemy behind an ordinary deck of cards.

[url=http://www.eaec.org/bibleanswers/playing_cards.htm]CARD GAMES[/url]

2008/7/28 6:31Profile
Ruach34

Beijing

Re:

Good post, Zionshield and I do agree. I watched a news report on the addictive power this game has on kids across the world. This news cast was from europe, somewhere. But, what was astounding was the measure of rebellion and anger that abounded in these kids. Without going into the content of these games, because i have not played them, but just a look at the periphery should make one question the 'goodness' of the game itself. Luke 16:15 says this,

Quote:
"And He said to them, 'You are those who justify yourselves in the sight of men, but God knows your hearts; for that which is highly esteemed among men is detestable in the sight of God.'"

Definately a word we all should meditate on...

2008/7/28 8:43Profile
Watered

Re:

Well i quit, uninstalled the game and deleted my main character. I left another character though because that was my frineds and he asked me not to delete it. This game is extreamly addictive, like i would come home from summer school and i would beable to play it from 12:30 to the end of the day. But thank you very much again for your cares and prayers. And about Paul Washers shocking messege i have watched that already it is an amazing messege. Well thank you much again.

2008/7/28 13:15Profile

Re:

Quote:

Watered wrote:
Well i quit, uninstalled the game and deleted my main character. I left another character though because that was my frineds and he asked me not to delete it. This game is extreamly addictive, like i would come home from summer school and i would beable to play it from 12:30 to the end of the day. But thank you very much again for your cares and prayers. And about Paul Washers shocking messege i have watched that already it is an amazing messege. Well thank you much again.

Praise God! I will continue to pray for you. That's great news.:)

2008/7/28 13:23
JoanM

Re: Real Warcraft

Dear Watered

Here is what I wrote last night that I referenced in my pm to you. I am glad that you are not overwhelmed by all the posts.

One thing I know, and like about you, is that you already have a sense of the danger. Many don’t. At least some of your friends probably don’t. Where did that sense come from? How were you so quick to see the problem in the HP thread? 17 seems young to me for such discernment. At 17 I would not have even questioned that. I am praying for you this night. God must have something wonderful for you in light of your sensitivity to Him.

Now to some sisterly mothering. (Is that possible?)

[u]About percentages[/u]: Would you jump off a high cliff into wonderful blue ocean water, experiencing 1000 delicious feelings if I could only tell you for certain that 25% of the people who did that received spinal cord injuries that resulted in life-long paralysis? Even until you are 1000% certain, persuaded by the Word of God, how close to witchcraft do you want to come? Yikes!

[u]Even the World knows[/u]. Would it matter if I told you about the research findings even the World knows: It takes 18 seconds of viewing violence for a measurable difference in aggressive play to be observed in young children on the play ground. What do you think about, say, 18 hours for adults?

[u]Look for lessons[/u]. Now you have already encountered the pull to keep on going in “that” direction. That is your flesh, like craving but not quite that bad. I would not be surprised if, when you don’t play with your friends, a few of them make arguments about this not being a danger spiritually (if any talk about spiritual things). They could even make a joke about you. That will be like mild persecution by blind people or those less drawn by God that you are. Think ahead how you will respond and remember Psalm 1

[i]Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper[/i]. (There is more) [b]See the choices?[/b] See the progression: walk, stand, sit down.

[u]Real warcraft[/u]. I don’t know these games but you have described them well enough. They are built on imaginations – [b]"a lot of magic and stuff like that"[/b] – imaginations that are different from reality. Magic imaginations, that are different from the reality that a born-again believer learns to walk in. Have you ever thought it silly that adults dress-up like Darth Vadar? Spend buckets of money on stuff like that while they are deep in charge-card debt?

Magic imaginations lift themselves up against the [b]Knowledge of God[/b]. Your brothers and sisters here are telling you that a stronghold can be forming in you. We are talking about real spiritual things. Look at what Paul says in 2 Corinthians 10:3-5.

[i]3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: 4 (For the weapons of our [b]warfare[/b] are not carnal, but mighty through God to the [b]pulling down of strong holds;[/b]) 5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself [b]against the knowledge of God[/b], and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;[/i]

Think of the hours spent by everyone in these imaginations. And if you ask them, they actually say they feel like they did something, for real, real feelings of accomplishment. Hello! Better to become good at something real, something that will build your character, something that will last for eternity in the Kingdom of God. Did you hear in the Corinthians passage what the road-block to more knowledge of God was? Few ever notice that in themselves for years, if ever. They just don't grow in Christ, or worse.

Sorry to run on so. I know real, live, people that got sucked into magic imaginations. I also only recently “got it” that what Jesus said about there being two Kingdoms is true: Two: the Kingdom of Light and the Kingdom of Darkness. Somehow, I kept leaving open the possibility that there were more than two. Tell me, which Kingdom does this game World of Warcraft fit into?

As you fill up all of you with Him (Bible study, prayer, Godly sermons, autobiographies of young men God has used, etc.), the very things you need will stand out to you. Trust God. Many people here on this site are here for you anytime. You have discernment, as I said, even to be asking.

Edit: Good job young man! Now how can you get that claw-hold off your computer? Watch to see if there is more pull on your flesh, even through your friend, and respond immediately. A friend will find another place to store such things or maybe choose to walk with you another way, doing something else. Keep us posted.

2008/7/28 15:41Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
Well i quit, uninstalled the game and deleted my main character.

Such a quick and sincere response is commendable. Well done.

It can often be a tough thing for us, regardless of our age, to uninstall the game and delete our main character. ...I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.

Blessings,

MC

2008/7/28 16:17Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy