SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can Some One Give me Advice on a Game I play

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
Watered

Can Some One Give me Advice on a Game I play

Hello everyone, I have a question, well i play this one game called World of Warcraft and i have a question is it a bad game to play? can someone give me some advice and insight, i am 16 years old(soon to be 17) and i'm in summer vacation right now and so i have alot of time on my hands and so i was wondering if someone can help me discenrn if it is ok to play this game. I have been playing this game for the last month and a half and i must say it is alot of fun but i see a thread about Harry Potter and how its bad to read it and all and i agree with that, children should not be reading those books, but then i got concerned beacause World of Warcraft also has alot of magic and stuff like that so i need help with discerning this. I'm sorry i'm posting this i just need help, thank you very much.

2008/7/27 18:06Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re: Can Some One Give me Advice on a Game I play

World of Warcraft has a sony BMG rootkit which can serously mess up your computer

2008/7/27 18:13Profile

Re: Can Some One Give me Advice on a Game I play

Quote:

Watered wrote:
Hello everyone, I have a question, well i play this one game called World of Warcraft and i have a question is it a bad game to play? can someone give me some advice and insight, i am 16 years old(soon to be 17) and i'm in summer vacation right now and so i have alot of time on my hands and so i was wondering if someone can help me discenrn if it is ok to play this game. I have been playing this game for the last month and a half and i must say it is alot of fun but i see a thread about Harry Potter and how its bad to read it and all and i agree with that, children should not be reading those books, but then i got concerned beacause World of Warcraft also has alot of magic and stuff like that so i need help with discerning this. I'm sorry i'm posting this i just need help, thank you very much.

I looked it up on Wikipedia, this is witchcraft. Ask your parents to burn it and ask God to forgive you and deliver you from all demonic influence. Whatever you do get it out of your home as soon as possible. Do you have assurance of your salvation? If not [url=http://readthegospel.com/]GO HERE.[/url]

2008/7/27 18:20
Watered

Re:

o man, really, this game is that bad? I'm struggling with this because i have deleted this game many times and i see myself coming back to it over and over again. can you please pray for me about this, because i really need help with this, i would like to submit to anything a Godly brother or sister says, but o man this one is going to be hard. Are you a hundred percent sure this game is bad? if it is then please pray for me to get rid of it. Thanks much for helping me out with this.

2008/7/27 18:56Profile

Re:

Quote:

Watered wrote:
o man, really, this game is that bad? I'm struggling with this because i have deleted this game many times and i see myself coming back to it over and over again. can you please pray for me about this, because i really need help with this, i would like to submit to anything a Godly brother or sister says, but o man this one is going to be hard. Are you a hundred percent sure this game is bad? if it is then please pray for me to get rid of it. Thanks much for helping me out with this.

Yes, it is that bad. This is nothing but witchcraft. The reason you keep going back to it and feel that pull is the demonic influence it has had on you. If it is something you have bought and downloaded than you will want to delete all of the files on your computer. If you have the disc simply destroy it and throw it in the garbage. I will pray for you.

Galatians 5:19-21

19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20Idolatry, [b]witchcraft[/b], hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

2008/7/27 19:07
Watered

Re:

Alright thank you very much for the reply. I guess I'm going to have to delete this game, and I'm sorry I'm chasing a rabbit here but if you can please go to this website, it is supposed to be a christian review of this game. This review is kind of watered down because it does not talk about all of the content in the game, but if after this review, you still think this game is bad, then i will try my best to submit to you sister. Thank you very much again. O I forgot i cant post links well if you go to Christiananswers.net and then scroll down to guide to games and then when you click on it go to the right side of the page where it says categories and then click PC and then go to the 5th page(if you go to the bottom of the screen you of the web page you will see 1,2,3,4,5 click on 5) and the game will be the second game from the top, click on that and you will see the review. If after this, you still think it is bad then i will try to submit to you. Thanks again.

2008/7/27 19:25Profile

Re:

Quote:

Watered wrote:
Alright thank you very much for the reply. I guess I'm going to have to delete this game, and I'm sorry I'm chasing a rabbit here but if you can please go to this website, it is supposed to be a christian review of this game. This review is kind of watered down because it does not talk about all of the content in the game, but if after this review, you still think this game is bad, then i will try my best to submit to you sister. Thank you very much again. O I forgot i cant post links well if you go to Christiananswers.net and then scroll down to guide to games and then when you click on it go to the right side of the page where it says categories and then click PC and then go to the 5th page(if you go to the bottom of the screen you of the web page you will see 1,2,3,4,5 click on 5) and the game will be the second game from the top, click on that and you will see the review. If after this, you still think it is bad then i will try to submit to you. Thanks again.

On a christian websight? How sad! This is no christian websight. Not only should you get rid of the game but stay away from the websight as well. From the websight:

Quote:
If you are familiar with Dungeons and Dragons, Everquest, and other games of the like, you will definitely be familiar with this game. Once you pick a server to play on, you create a character to your liking on that server. You choose a class (Druid, Hunter, Mage, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior), a race (Humans, Night Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, Orcs, Tauren, Undead, Trolls), and a faction (Alliance or Horde).

This is straight from the pit of hell.

Did you go to [url=http://readthegospel.com/]Read the Gospel[/url]? If not please do. The gospel message that they are sending here is not of God. If you have been decieved in this area you may have been decieved concerning your own salvation so please check it out, ok?

2008/7/27 20:00

Re:

You can also watch the gospel [url=http://readthegospel.com/step2.html]HERE.[/url]

I will continue to pray for you.

2008/7/27 21:15
Watered

Re:

Well I'm pretty sure i will delete it. Thank you very much again. To tell you the truth i really want to play but i will submit to you. The thing that makes deleting it hard though is that most of my best friends play it so it fun to play that game with them but yea I'll delete it. And about my salvation, i am pretty sure i am saved. I have listened to many many sermons already, by Paul Washer and Leonard Ravenhill so i have heard the Gospel clearly and i have repented of my sins and i have believed the Gospel. But yea i will delete this game, although i really wish i could play it, but its just a dumb game. So in finality are you a hundred thousand percent sure that this game is bad? thanks much and I'm sorry i trailing this along so much.

2008/7/27 21:29Profile

Re:

Quote:
So in finality are you a hundred thousand percent sure that this game is bad? thanks much and I'm sorry i trailing this along so much.

Yes, 100% +++! You need to have a conviction and you obviously don't. There is no true repentence on anothers conviction. Please do not get offended at me for saying this but without a conviction you have not truly repented and cannot.

I may not be able to get back with you again till tomorrow but maybe another brother or sister here can address this issue and help you out some more. I will continue to pray.

2008/7/27 21:37

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy